Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP at it again little help!!!!

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SISIP at it again little help!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: SISIP at it again little help!!!!

Post by 1993firebird Mon 17 Nov 2014, 10:30

The adjudicator has 60 days from when she receives the appeal to make a decision. For me she has had my appeal information since June 16 / 14 which is 5 months now.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

SISIP at it again little help!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: SISIP at it again little help!!!!

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014, 07:46

right on ProPat always check and re-check with these pricks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 21:33

I forget the name of the slip right now buds but you should get one from SISSIP and superannuation indicating the recovery amounts . they will go in with all your other tax slips and you will not be taxed on that amount as they already taxed it.  if I were you id be proactive ESPECIALLY WITH SISSIP and maybe start asking for them jan 1st .to much crap has already got fracked up and im sure you don't want to be doing your taxes 2 ore 3 times next year as well.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 20:03

they took 13000 from me after I got approved CPPD, went back only 15 months so yup that could add up quickly troops I just wonder how this is going to effect my income taxes as it was over 23000 I received from CPPD but didn't see any because CFSA Pension took the other 11000 and obviously SISIP the other 13000. I actually have seen not a freaking penny of my CPPD cheque. So I will see an increase of 23000 for this upcoming income year yet it was all taken so will I see any return income tax wise or what? Getting the CPPD is a good thing but holy willey syite stoves were will this SISIP madness end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 19:29

Thanks trooper that is very helpful to know. I do recall deadline for applying and for rebuttals by GOC and MC. I guess we need to be patient but it isn't easy and the not knowing is scary but I guess we will all know at the same time the good, the bad and the ugly of it all. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 17:31

Just read over the order quickly, and could not find anywhere where it's states they have a deadline for the decision on appeals.

Funny thing is that I somehow thought I read that there was a deadline, that must have been for the deadline of members to submit their request for appeal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:33

Similiar situation here 1993firebird and it really irks me that they are taking so long. I called last week and they said they are only assessing the files now as opposed to making decisions. I asked that I thought there was a court ordered deadline for decisions and the lawyer said he wasn't aware of any. And yes, they are waiting to finish them all before letting us know. Won't be before Christmas that is my guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:00

I am zero sum , waiting on appeal for LTD past first two years due to not submitting Doctor reports at the 18th and 24th month point because their was no financial gain to do it due to the clawback. Someone just shoot me , lol , on a good note , got accepted for the Bursary.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 23:10

remy I hope so to . trooper you know that guy we all do. that guy that was allways there to carry the heavy load or do what had to be done when others couldn't . not the same name of course but the same type of guy we all know them . what im doing for him is nothing really . these type of people you have met im your life you can count on one hand . think about that. and although I don't know you I think I know a little bit about you character and im thinkin you would do as much or more . thing is he don't like people much anymore so I really don't want to get to intrusive . so im really not sure what to do but give him all the info I have .

all I can say is these FRACKERS really dropped the ball on this one .

but then again it is an insurance coy with access to his medical records .

maybe the bottom line is worth more than a statistic ????? who fracking knows ??? of course they probably don't give a frack anyway because it really only comes down to the CDS anyway .

does he give a frack????

ya not fracking likely.

jmo

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 21:43

Well for me what has helped me the most as far as stress goes with regards to the whole settlement was CSAT and all of it's members.

To be honest, without this site, I would have been completely lost.

It is clear that with each problem that we came across, CSAT was always there to help, coming together as a group in this manner, has kept me from losing it.

Do I think things could have been done better, absolutely, however, I think it's important to approach it in more of a positive way, for health sake,difficult, yes, impossible, no.

One thing that comes to mind is that nothing in life is perfect, however, it's where does one draw the line between perfect, and acceptable.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 15 Nov 2014, 21:25

I think that is one of the things that peeved me off the most about this entire situation. Nobody, other than the Veterans, seemed to give a crap about the undue stress this entire lawsuit has caused members of the class, many whom suffer from psychological disabilities, and are unable to handle stresses as well as healthy individuals. This includes the GoC, VAC, SISIP, the lawyers and CRA. At every turn, it seemed that all they did was try to pack on more stress, from the the legal dirty tricks, the hyper secrecy surrounding the negotiations, the BS payment lottery, the CRA screw ups, and we still have to go through the COLA payment process. Then the unfortunate few have to deal with SISIP screw ups, even though they said that the reason they took so long to process the retro was because each file was done by hand and checked for accuracy, on several levels. I'm wondering if any class members have taken, or thought of taking their own lives because of it. That would almost justify its' own lawsuit.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 21:03

Yes, I agree issues that would cause anyone stress.

Good on you propat for looking out for him, keep up the good work, this is what he needs right now, a friend to count on.

Again, I wish him well, it is times like this when one in that situation requires answers, quick answers, unfortunately, these things take time, hopefully answers will come sooner rather then later for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 20:59

I feel for your friend propat. This type of stress can lead to serious consequences. I hope he will be ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 20:27

tup good stuff buds gave him that info last week he was talking to the whole legal team Thursday and on their advise asked them for all the calculations Friday morning . he was suppose to call them back Friday with them but late Friday is when he got a call from SISIP saying it will be a 5 day turn around for that. he didn't want to bother MC late Friday so he will contact them Monday to let them know . I told him to expect the 5 days to be ten business days so 2 weeks.

he laughed then cried .

one of the 3 hardest men I ever met but now the guy has issues . thought he was coming around but now . well . cant say it here but im really fracking worried.

why the frack couldn't they get this straight in the fracking first place.

FRACKERS!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 19:15

propat,

I feel bad for your friend, and hope things improve for him.

The CPPD that was not taken off, he will have no choice but to pay that off, ask him to ask SISIP for a pay plan that would detail so much being deducted going forward.

The mistake in the cola calculations, if SISIP is at fault here, they will eventually fix it, I'm sure.

He may want to contact MC and advise them on the cola calculations, I know there is a timeline that was put in place to allow us the opportunity to redress the payout received, however, did he not just learn about this recently ?
It's a long shot, but he must look at all options.

I am sure you are doing everything possible to help him, that is what he needs right now.

I wish him the best in coping with the issue.

Also, if the $47000 in question was part of the settlement that he received, and he pays in back in full, he should request and adjustment in legal fees paid, to recoup what he paid from that amount , and also submit a T1 adjustment to recoup the taxes he paid from that amount.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next