Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP at it again little help!!!!

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SISIP at it again little help!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP at it again little help!!!!

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 15:47

oh you may be right the thing is laws must be implemented as not to offend the constitution or the charter of rights and freedoms' . public policy must be implemented as not to offend any laws of the land.

im not even sure about the public policy about this as I have said but I do know many if not all LTD insurance plans have deductions and many ( at least all the different ones I have seen )deduct CPPD .

so it seems any public policy against deducting CPPD from LTD plans either is not being used or not being used very often .

when it comes to laws/acts or any legislation im unaware of any that restrict this action.

propat

Back to top Go down

SISIP at it again little help!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP at it again little help!!!!

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 07 May 2015, 08:37

Thats an excerpt from a legal paper. I'm not a lawyer but I've read a lot on these subjects so I'm confident I'm right

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 07 May 2015, 08:36

A bit more
Contracts can fall under the heading of statutory illegality in various ways.They may be expressly or impliedly prohibited by statute, or be entered into with the object of committing an act prohibited by statute, or require the incidental performance of an act contrary to statute, or have the capacity to confer benefits through the violation of a statute.

- "prohibited by statute" CPP Act s. 65(1)
- Gov Contracting Regs non-tendering

In contrast to cases of statutory and common law illegality, a contract that violates public policy is one which contravenes a value deemed so fundamental that it necessitates the intervention of the courts in spite of the fact that there has been no contravention of a legal obligation.

- key backup plan. If CPP Act s. 65(3) is in viol of "public policy", it is illegal despite it being Law! Consider Rosa Parks & the Law that she "broke."

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 07 May 2015, 07:24

12. Every enactment is deemed remedial, and shall be given such fair, large and liberal construction and interpretation as best ensures the attainment of its objects.

& Charter s. 26 protects Common Law property Rights. Dis Ins creates Property when you get money.

13. The preamble of an enactment shall be read as a part of the enactment intended to assist in explaining its purport and object.

More importantly, CDS is Insurer NOT MANULIFE. That would mean s. 65(3) creates a Conflict of Interest. Manulife might have a better shot at asking s. 65(3) to apply than GoC.

Public Policy is Law. It is the source of Law. If GoC says it is Public Policy to protect retirement income, it passes Laws to that effect. Interpretation Act s. 13 is an Act, as you mentioned. S. 12 is a Law, making a narrow and restrictive reading of any Act illegal.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 09:42

yes buds "may"means the minister has the power and right to do so under the act.

there are way to many acts and laws to read so I don't read a lot of policies so im not sure what the exact policy is but you may want to ask yourself . what takes priority a law/act or a policy ?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Wed 06 May 2015, 08:46

Read preamble.. 65(3) uses "may" & if used would go in direct contradiction to public policy

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 15:46

im referring to the CPP act and judging by a pervious post of his referring to 65(1) of that act . witch is an understandable argument . however following that are the exemptions witch I believe he should take a closer look at 65(3) in particular .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 05 May 2015, 14:46

Propat, which act are you refering to? The Income Tax Act? Because, I believe Lawnboy is trying to say that deducting income tax from the SISIP LTD is illegal.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 14:31

lawnboy I know what you are getting at but you may want to read 65(3) of the act before you jump into anything to deep .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 05 May 2015, 11:09

Lawnboy can you give more details please?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Mon 04 May 2015, 20:04

I'm on a media campaign to end sisip offsets. Share widely. Policy void as illegal under Gov Contracting Regs

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:16

Ok thanks, firebird.

Remy, I agree, was there no notice put out on this, stating the delay ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:15

If there is a court ordered time frame then that should be abided by regardless if they are complex appeals or an amendment to the court order is warranted and we should be advised. As for waiting for all the appeals to be completed before announcing them, that makes no sense to me whatsoever since the decisions are final and no further appeals are permitted. If we are approved, I wonder how long before the funds are calculated and delivered but that is putting the cart before the horse at this point.

Last edited by Remy on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:17; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:09

I emailed the adjudicator months ago reference the timeline and she said more time is required as all appeal decisions must be made first before any appeal decisions are made know and that she requires more time because of the complexity of the appeals due to the lack of medical documentation being submitted to SISIP during the first 18th month and 24th month after medical release for those who are zero sum because no money was given by SISIP due to the clawback.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014, 16:08

firebird,

You should ref that quote from the order to the adjudicator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next