Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

+6
prawnstar
RCNRetired
johnny211
pinger
Teentitan
Dannypaj
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Justin Trudeau! Now that  half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?   - Page 2 Empty Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Guest Fri 09 Oct 2015, 14:37

Riddick buds great idea but the thing is we pretty much know where the bulk of the vet vote is heading . im heading the same way even though I was heading another way befor JT,s announcements .

its the logical choice.

thing is we don't want to split our vote evenly but we do need to split it strategically because votes indirectly do matter but actual seats matter more .

so your vote comes down to the polling in your riding just before the election.

ie; if you want the libs to win and the cons and libs are tie in the polling in your ridding you would vote lib .

but if the cons and NDP are tied in the polling in your riding you would vote NDP . just to try and take a seat from the cons.

clear as mud ????

propat

Back to top Go down

Justin Trudeau! Now that  half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?   - Page 2 Empty Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Kramer Fri 09 Oct 2015, 13:53

I know politics is more often than not a risky and touchy subject, but I fear if most of us have our own agenda it will solve nothing. I believe there is strength in numbers. I am not sure who will agree with me......but I have a proposal.

I am by no means a politician and all politicians lie and hand out false promises like candy. I am not sure who to vote for.....be it NDP or the Liberals. What I need to know is who the bulk of vets are voting for and I will go along with them to give that party the best chance.

My proposal is (if most are willing) to: each of us on VVI, sends a vote to one person (say teen titan) or a volunteer via PM (private message) that person tallies the votes and tells us on say the 16th where we sit statistically (yes that person could theoretically lie to suit their own gains) but does anyone have any other suggestions......or does anyone?most even care.....or..... we just all show up to vote as a mixed bag? (yes the advance polls have started)?????

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 09 Oct 2015, 09:45

Well, IMO, the only option at this moment, is the Liberals. They have set out specific goals, in terms of the NVC benefits, even if they are light on details. And as much as I have supported the NDP in the past, and Peter Stoffer, the promise of a review is just not going to sway younger veterans, who have been affected by the nickel and dime tactics of the Tories. We all know that these changes will take money, money that the other parties are not willing to spend, because it would threaten their balanced budgets.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Fri 09 Oct 2015, 07:09

Election day is getting closer as we all know......and us vets can tip the scales to whom ever we should vote for......provided we are on the same page......or...the "one voice."

I think it is safe to assume the vast majority of vets do not not want Harper.....so that really leaves JT and Mulcair. Who is the devil we know. Although campaign promise are empty promises, who is our best choice? How do we rally together when we have so many opinions?

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 05 Oct 2015, 21:04

Danny, people have every right to worry, because politicians are not held accountable for promises made during elections. But that being said, he is at least promising real change, and not just more reviews, or saying "we've given you enough!, be happy about it!" like the Tories seem to be doing. Even if he only fulfills half his promises, it's still better than nothing, which is what we will get from the others.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 05 Oct 2015, 20:17

Well Danny when JT dropped his promises to veterans I emailed Leslie to answer a few questions (mainly the life long pension). Had to send him a reminder email about my questions and a day later he answered we have to wait for the financial platform.

So the Libs dropped their financial platform sent the same questions that day. Sent him a reminder email on Friday and still haven't heard anything. Others on CSAT have sent the same question and they haven't heard either.

So it can't help but make me wonder how important veteran issues are with the Liberal party. Especially with a former General as his veteran advisor who is supposedly aware of the lack of respect veterans have been dealing with for the last 9 years.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 05 Oct 2015, 16:18

We kinda now know what JT will do if elected.
Veterans should IMO never have a carrot held up to them by any federal party for the purpose of gaining votes. One party is offering what is asked, another not budging, and one that seems to be remaining neutral.
Leads one to wonder what the government will be debating in parliaments this up coming session? Veterans issues, possibly? Speculation here on CSAT is that if the Liberals are elected, "will they fulfill their promises to veterans"?
They are not even in office yet and the worries have already started. Hopefully they prove themselves accountable and fulfill their promise.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 24 Aug 2015, 14:21

Right you are Supreme. Furthermore, I trust any politician as much as I can pick them up and throw them. Not far, including their details.  pinger.

Last edited by pinger on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 14:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the female politicians)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 09:42

I don't trust Trudeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:34

That's why the questions of details need to be asked. Last night on the news it sounds like the world economy is dropping off. China, USA, Canada, Europe. So all these promises have a price tag and if the damn media pesters them enough for details then we the voting public get the info to make a sound decision on who to vote for.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 22 Aug 2015, 10:26

It would be nice if campaign promises were legally binding, but no politician will ever put a that kind of restriction on themselves.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sat 22 Aug 2015, 09:52

The government claims they don't have to be accountable for campaign promises......so what is all the fuss about??? From now until election time will be nothing but empty promises and endless mud-slinging. One putting the other down to make themselves look like the better.

Actions speak louder than words........"The devil you know".

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 22 Aug 2015, 08:52

Perhaps Justin Trudeau by presenting the Liberals campaign promise to veterans this early in the election may force Thomas Mulcair to criticize or embrace Trudeau’s “campaign promise”; or it may also force the NDP’s to present their platform on veteran’s issues.
Social media is a very powerful tool and veterans are tired of being pushed around, so by using social media we are fighting back sending a clear message to the government that we may be injured but we are still willing to fight, especially for what they have done “deny, delay or hope you die” policy.    
You would think as a sitting Prime Minister that if the veteran’s community are angry and suing that something would be done to fix the problem.
I guess not if you’re anything but Stephen.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 24 Mar 2015, 09:41

Okay thanks bigrex. It should be a requirement on release to register for this site. Alot of my what if are being answered and answered by fellow peers who already have experienced being released from the Canadian Armed Forces and transitioning..........wait and see I guess 😊
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 24 Mar 2015, 09:10

Danny, not everyone requires surgery, and the only reason that I needed the surgery when I did was because I couldn't pee. And surgery has nothing to do with age because that was roughly two and a half years ago, when I was only 41. The surgeon recently told me told that I'm going to require more surgery at some point in the future, due to further degenerative changes, as well as bilateral knee replacements, that I was told were required back in 2008.

As far as your question about VAC and ELB, while it would be nice to think that VAC would care enough to follow up, they just do not have the resources. Unless the Veteran is being case managed, nobody is going to be looking at their file, for the sake of looking at the file. So even though you requested the ELB application, without submitting it, or contacting the department, anyone at VAC that did see the application request on your file, could assume that you got a new job and no longer needed the assistance. They have been under pressure to reduce spending for several years, so they are not going actively approach Veterans, to see if they need additional benefits. The onus is on the veteran to request what they need.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next