Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

+24
meteck
Dannypaj
robleggett
Recon031
Sapper Zodiak
pinger
shanghaied
Wife of a Veteran
turbo
dzanzio
Teentitan
Rifleman
pteadams2002
tiger660
TripleT
bigrex
puddleduk2
K9
derngt
1993firebird
Rags
OldZipperhead
DeeCee
peep
28 posters

Page 41 of 64 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 52 ... 64  Next

Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 41 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by 1993firebird Thu 26 Mar 2015, 18:02

Thanks but was already told that it will be a couple more months before all appeal decisions are made.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 41 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 17:55

Your the man Recon, very good of you to pass that on !

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 41 Empty FOR THOSE AWAITING AN ANSWER ABOUT .......THE " Sisip Ltd " APPEALS WITH " THE BRUNEAU GROUP " HAVE A LOOK @ THE INTEL SCOOPED UP TODAY !

Post by Recon031 Thu 26 Mar 2015, 17:40

.........Straight from the TOP when it comes to Legal Advice ........

1......Received today @ McInnis / Cooper  ...... the first batch of " Decisions "  , BUT !  NOT what you were Expecting !

A.....They received .....8......Calculation Appeal Decisions ,  That's it  !

2......Appearently , it will most likely take another few months before they " Receive " any  " Disability Appeal Decisions " ......What else is New ?

..............I Will Not reveal my source to anyone , even on a PM , it will not happen as we are dealing with Avatars on the CSAT & Not Real Identities !

& the Person asked " NOT " to have their identity revealed ............TOP SECRET .............gives me flashbacks

This intel was passed on to get all those personnel up to speed , thought you all deserve at least that much ! Sorry , it wasn't what I Expected to hear !

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7....... get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 18:02

1993firebird wrote:That is what I was told months ago by the Law Firm except the date I was told is May 2013 , the date of decision. Was the court decision in May 2013 or not?

Hi firebird, I wondered the same thing when I read the email from DW but I copied and pasted his actual email response that pertained to dates and that is what DW emailed. Maybe a typo on his part I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 20 Mar 2015, 16:49

It is how it suits them not us yet we are the ones paying legal fees , I see no reason why each appeal decision could not have been released as it was made and if favourable it could have been processed by Manulife and the client receive their money.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo Fri 20 Mar 2015, 15:26

I've sat here and read all the comments on this post and I still say something is wrong, I do it was firebird who's appeal was sent in same day as min June 16-14 and I was told would have answer in sixty days every month I send e mail to lawyers at MC and every month I get the same answer, we know nothing. If the court said sixty days why where we not informed it would be delay and also, I've been told yes some files are done but the Bruneau group will not release any answers until all files are done my question is. WHY???? Why should we all have to wait if our file in done, I'm stuck here in canada until this is finished I just want to move forward. Just plain sick and tired of all the bull, I know some files are more difficult than others also some people are still filing appeals do we have to wait for them too.

turbo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2013-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 20 Mar 2015, 13:46

That is what I was told months ago by the Law Firm except the date I was told is May 2013 , the date of decision. Was the court decision in May 2013 or not?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 20 Mar 2015, 11:22

Always on the program Sparrow, thanks for your long and steady work on this barrel of monkeys file called SISIP.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:58

Sparrow. wrote:
1993firebird wrote:I was told that they can not charge legal fees on money after the court decision date of the class action law suit which was around May 2013. Any retro money before that they charge legal fees on but not 100% sure. Contact law firm.

Hi, I inquired with MC for a straight up answer on legal fees. Will advise if I get a response.

Received confirmation from Dan Wallace reference legal fees. The refunds following adjudication will be treated the same way as all refunds.

8% legal fees up to May 31, 2012 and 0% afterwards  ~  

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 20 Mar 2015, 08:55

I was given LTD post 2006 for the first two years only. Then in 2013 I was given ELB to current date.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 20 Mar 2015, 08:53

When I military member is medically released they receive LTD from SISIP for the first two years and medical justification is required to continue benefits after that. They are the primary provider for disability benefits. If denied by SISIP after the first two years a veteran can apply for ELB from Veterans Affairs as they are the secondary provider of benefits. Both programs are very similar, to each other , the financial amount is exactly the same which is a top up of salary to 75% of your final year salary. Not sure about how the rest compares.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 19 Mar 2015, 21:03

Right now, they are identical. 75% of pre-release pay. They both deduct the same money from other sources. The only real difference between the two, is the annual medical, which I believe is only every 2-3 years for ELB, and is paid for by VAC. But you never know how the ELB could change before the election.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 20:56

Okay thanks, I will wait for my ltd appeal retro 2000 should win they have no case produced no reason or evidence just didnt want to pay me for life i guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 19 Mar 2015, 19:43

LTD Long Term Disability given to veterans prior to 2006 via SISIP

ELB Earnings Loss Benefit given to veterans post 2006 via Veterans Affairs Canada

Basically when the NVC replaced the PA (Pension Act) VAC took over the LTD program and renamed it ELB.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 19:20

I think only half the people know what it is I do not, all these abreviations are confussing and that is only the english side of it I barally get the french understud. good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 64 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 52 ... 64  Next