Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

+24
meteck
Dannypaj
robleggett
Recon031
Sapper Zodiak
pinger
shanghaied
Wife of a Veteran
turbo
dzanzio
Teentitan
Rifleman
pteadams2002
tiger660
TripleT
bigrex
puddleduk2
K9
derngt
1993firebird
Rags
OldZipperhead
DeeCee
peep
28 posters

Page 56 of 64 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 60 ... 64  Next

Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 56 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 19:10

great work sparrow.

propat

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 56 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 17:28

I wonder if MC gets our SISIP after the age of 65 since we were screwed out of that one as well...great work MC...douchebags!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 15:46

Sparrow, always thinking of others, good work !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 15:40

Never smoked a day in my life! lol.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 15:31

This lawsuit is the gift that keeps on giving, to MC , of course

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 15:31

This sounds like something a friend of mine might be interested in,,,,,TONY SOPRANO, what a shake down!

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 56 Empty Information about Fees Paid For Appeals At Adjudication

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 15:28

Class counsel  McInness Cooper's  fee is 8% of the Member’s Refund. If class counsel  decides to represent a Member at adjudication, that Member will pay 8% ~ no additional legal fees for the adjudication will be paid to MC. In turn, a Member  can hire another lawyer, however, that Member will still have to pay class counsel 8% of any Refund received from adjudication.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 15:24

Smoking, your smoking Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 56 Empty Important News For Clients Who Want To Appeal For Sisip Benefits ~ SIGNED DECLARATION REQUIRED See Attached Form

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 14:56

If a member was found to not be “totally disabled” and cut off after 2 years and did not appeal, that member can sign a declaration (attached) that states that he/she did not appeal due to the offset and forward to Dan Wallace.
Daniel.Wallace@mcinnescooper.com

Further to this, the 90 day time line  for appealing has not started. It is currently scheduled to start in mid-October.

Update: Received clarification on the declaration from Dan Wallace.

When SISIP determines a member to not be totally disabled, that member could bring a lawsuit for breach of contract or, perhaps, appeal using an internal mechanism within SISIP.

In many cases, it was not be worth a member’s while to do so due to the offset.

So the declaration allows for the member (whether zero sum or non-zero sum) to challenge the determination of “not totally disabled” now.

DECLARATION TO BE SIGNED AND FORWARDED:
YOU CAN COPY AND PASTE:

I declare that I was previously assessed under SISIP Policy 901102 as not totally disabled.  I did not appeal that determination due to the offset of Pension Act disability pensions.

Je déclare que j'ai été évaluée précédemment comme pas totalement invalide en vertu de la police du RARM no. 901102. Je n'ai pas fait appel de cette décision du fait de la déduction des pensions d'invalidité en vertu de la Loi sur les pensions.

Print Name/ veuillez inscrire votre nom

Signature

Date

Last edited by Sparrow on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 08:30; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 01:15

Veterans helping veterans...no one else will have our backs better than our own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 21:45

It makes you wonder if they didnt want veterans to find out about the time frame just so they'd have the excuse to deny , deny, deny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 21:42

bigrex wrote:While this is good info, it is kind of late to be letting the class know such an important detail, since over 5000 of the 8000 class members are already beyond their 30 day cutoff. But this kind of delayed information is just par for the course with this lawsuit.

Hi Bigrex, I understand what you are saying. I only uncovered this 90 day disability pension dispute and the 30 day financial dispute time frame fact today from Laura Bruneau. I am hoping that as many Veterans can access this appeals process. Since the disibility appeals process is on hold while the Courts rework the instructions as per The Bruneau Groups' request, I would hope that all Veterans can still access this process without prejudice. I will inquire tomorrow on a scenerio whereby a Veteran applied for a disibility benefit through Sisip and received an unfavourable decision beyond the 90 days and pre court decision and see what Laura Bruneau advises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 21:39

The question really is why does one of our regulars have to find this out , out of caring for her fellow veteran, when the job should have been MC , that's what legal fees are for, their supposed to represent our best interest. Thanks Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 11 Sep 2013, 21:25

While this is good info, it is kind of late to be letting the class know such an important detail, since over 5000 of the 8000 class members are already beyond their 30 day cutoff. But this kind of delayed information is just par for the course with this lawsuit.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 21:22

The most important point to remember for Veterans who feel that they are entitled to a Manulife  Sisip disability benefit beyond the two years is to contact  Sisip directly and make the application soonest. It is only when a decision has been rendered by Manulife referred to as a Sisip "level one decision" can the member appeal the decision through The Bruneau Group. Again, making the intent to appeal within 90 days of receipt of Sisip's decision.

Thanks zero sum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 64 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 60 ... 64  Next