Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curious

2 posters

Go down

Curious Empty Re: Curious

Post by Ex Member Fri 19 Jun 2015, 09:24

well last time I checked the polls it was a virtual 3 way tie . think it was something like a 3 point difference between the top 3 parties . I wonder what harper will do when he has no control at all.

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 09:01

You got it wild man! Harper hates Putin because Harper wants to be the biggest bully ! Control freak.........At least Putin doesn't hide it, Harpers control machine makes the CIA look like kindergarten !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 06:37

Your not imagining conspiracies thats the problem when your goverment is not transparent with its own citizens and your leader is as big a dictator as putin. hundreds of ptsd vets committed suicide because they were denied by vac But hey the money sent back to the goc balanced the budget.In their eyes fair trade off if it helps them get elected again ladies and gentlemen not only should they not be put back in power they should face criminal charges in my opinion or at least wrongful death lawsuits by the families. Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Thu 18 Jun 2015, 20:48

Thank Rex and propat for you thoughts.

As of late there are just a lot of mixed feelings with the government and their promises vs ulterior motives. I understand, generally politicians lie through their teeth, but this year especially vets have been stepping up to the plate and expressing their distaste with treatment and the government/VRAB/VAC. And because of such we have all been seeing and reading just how truly awful and disgusting how many of our peers/colleagues/friends have been mistreated by our own government. It really upsets me that politicians treat us like we are below contempt, that a poor soldier with no legs has to prove every year they have not grown back, or others with missing parts/illnesses have to appeal because their claim was denied not to mention the ultimate sacrifice. So many have a hard time making ends meet or just making it through the day. Harper has no quams sending us to war after war and turning his back when we come back broken.

But I am proud we are reaching out and speaking out, there is strength is numbers and our voice is being heard. I just hope that I am not so tainted and angry that I find conspiracies everywhere.

The government has the money to stop hungry children, help seniors and veterans but they give it to other countries before helping their own and the Senate contributes to frivolous spending like our money is theirs to toss around and throw away.

Cheers,

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 15:32

ya I get that buds . and yup something just like that no doubt played a part in this decision . he sounds like a guy that says just what he means without any sort of filter whatsoever ( I like that ) so he would have been dealing with that crap from the day he decided to run.

so ya that would be part of this but the other crap that comes with being a politician as well along with the stuff I already mentioned .

I think the c-51 was the biggest but not in of itself . just the realization that if he wins a seat he still will not be able to change anything unless of course the prime minister wants to change that same thing the same way.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:08

I hope no one gets me wrong, I am not questioning his loyalty, I just wouldn't put it past any politician in arms length of him to ....for the lack of a better word, bully him. And then there is the.......if he doesn't fit the profile or do what is expected of him, things could get dirty.

We all know if someone creates a little bump in the road for voicing their opinion, it's a big taboo.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:09

just from what ive seen from this guy he seems to have very strong convictions . he seems to have a strong opinion about the NVC especially the buyout . right place he can run against peter that was a large part of his decision to run in my opinion. wrong time though .

ya c-51 was a major issue for him and probably was considering dropping out over this but when he herd peter was going to quit that would have sealed it. again just my opinion.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 18 Jun 2015, 09:33

I do not think writing the book, or advocating for Veterans, would put him in a precarious situation, unless he was running for the Tories.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Curious Empty Curious

Post by Kramer Thu 18 Jun 2015, 08:35

David T. MacLeod is a co-author of the book "Dirty Little Skirmish", and I believe he is also the former Liberal candidate picked to take on Justice Minister Peter MacKay in Nova Scotia's Central Nova riding.

As CBC confirms, he threw in the towel when the Liberals decided to support Bill C-51, the Conservatives' controversial anti-terrorism legislation, and claims he did it for integrity and not political reasons.

Although I have not had the opportunity to read the book (which I plan on), from what I gather he is not only a veteran himself but one who supports veterans and advocates on our behalf for the poor treatment from the GoC/VAC/VRAB.

I am curious if his political position and the writing of the book has put him in a precarious position and opted to leave the political zoo before he was put on the hot seat?

Food for thought.

I am interested to hear opinions/thoughts.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down