Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curious...

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Curious... Empty Re: Curious...

Post by Guest Sat 16 Dec 2017, 21:55

25 year's of brain throbbing fighting there comes a time when enough is enough. I bet the mps don't get told their mri's are no conclusive by the lawyerdoctors at vrab.
This NVC is a psychological nightmare for veterans never knowing what your going to face tomorrow. If they screw us we have to take a stand and fight back with every legal means at our disposal. One thing Joe civi is sick of is tax dollars being wasted in courts especially when the liberal's are fighting against a promise they made. Win lose or draw it will expose the flaws of all the participating and signing off on this "option". Sorry to hijack your site newf and I hope the RCMP gets out from under the goc's thumb.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sat 16 Dec 2017, 20:01

ya wildthing I get that but many more reasons I think they deserve to be in it not just historically . but for the service they provide and I don't just mean in country . seen it actually . first time I flew into Sarajevo late 91 ta early 92 we got arty on the tarmac after the retarded landing . only guys that had a clue there were the FFL and a lone RCMP officer . of course the only help came from the RCMP officer . freaked me out seeing this guy there but was glad he was . good guy smart guy . of course with the good comes the bad . met one that tour in Srebrenica . there he was in the worst place in the world without a clue like a lamb to the slaughter .

anyway point is they can find themselves in the very same places we do . so I got no problem with them having the PA . was just thinking why the military cant get it when it was actually intended for them in the first place . now I do question why MPs grandfathered themselves into it at the same time they took it from the military . I mean the PA was that crappy it wasn't good enough for the military but hey we still want to keep it . WTF !!!

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Dec 2017, 19:08

Thanks Newf ........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Dec 2017, 14:11

Well propat the RCMP was originally a branch off the artillery back in the day same as air defence is now that's why the goc has them under their control.
The more law suits against the goc the better.
Equitas sacred obligation.
Breach of contract.
The breach of contract Will allow veterans to seek damages from the legion for 3rd party breach causing undue stress and financial hardship!!!
If the goc's plan is to kick us in the B@!!$ and the legion doesnt push back hard with lawyers etc, well
were going to do some kicking back...

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sat 16 Dec 2017, 13:23

ya what newf said lol . thanks for the details .honestly I did know them at one point in time at least I think I did lol. the PA was intended for the military but ended up including RCMP and MP,s now the only one of the three that cant get it is the group that it was actually intended for in the first place . WTF . since the RCMP avoided this evil thing was checking out how they did this as a lesson learned kind of thing .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sat 16 Dec 2017, 13:16

yes wildthing very true and I think you may see that lawsuit at some point . as for investing the buyout great idea but due to the current system this would be almost impossible to do for most vets . takes forever to get the buyout witch you need to get accepted for any thing else . however if a guy could invest it for one year he could start to draw out 1200 a month without touching the initial investment . then if down the road he gets a docs heads up his time is almost done he could pull it all out and live like a king for a bit doing bucket list stuff or whatever . what do ya think the GOC is going to do with your buyout if ya choose the monthly ???? how do ya think they came up with this amount in the first place????

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:29

Propat,
You are correct. Our SRR program had lobbied in 2004/2005 to keep the RCMP out of the NVC fo 2006. We had no choice in deciding to be or not to be a part of the NVC in 2006. Thankfully, the SRR program were able to lobby politicians successfully to keep us out of it. But in the past ten years, there continues to be strong feelings within the GOC/RCMP Senior Management to limit our labour relations and put RCMP Officers onto the Provincial Workmans Compensation programs rather than VAC programs.

Just a year and half ago, the GOC introduced Bill C 7 to the Senate. This Bill in its original form would have put major restrictions on RCMP Unionization along with attempting to remove RCMP members from all VAC programming putting injured RCMP Officers on Provincial Workmans Compensation programs. This would save the GOC/RCMP in the range of $250 million dollars annually because all programming for injured members (e.g. medications, medical equipment, etc) would be administered by the Province instead of the GOC/VAC. When our membership noticed all the negative aspects of Bill C 7, there was a great deal of lobbying done by RCMP members, their families, community leaders, MP's, MLA's and Senators to change this original piece of legislation. The Senate decided to put together a Senate Committee to gain more insight into the ramifications this Bill would have on the RCMP. Presentations were made to this committee by retired SRR members, Seniors Labour Union Leaders, and others that convinced the Senate to make important amendments to Bill C 7. Thankfully, the restrictions on Unionization and moving us to Workmans Compensation was removed from this Bill.

At the present time, RCMP members have NO SRR program, NO Union and NO form of representation. Management has free reins and very little accountability in decision making over the membership of the RCMP. There is hope! It is expected that within two years, the National Police Federation will be the Union representing the RCMP...this will be a godsend to members working without proper equipment, working alone in small detachments, etc.

In my opinion, having a strong Union for the RCMP/CAF members would certainly benefit employees because the Union can raise and debate issues in the public forum. Currently, there is RCMP policy and legislation in place that PREVENTS Rcmp members from speaking publicly about workplace conditions or issues affecting employees. They are muzzled! Although, there have been some brave souls who dared to speak up (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxzpQp3G5hg).

Equally important is having strong connections to each other and gathering public support in our lobbying. Having public support is vitally important in forcing the GOC to make decisions in the interests of us all both RCMP and CAF members.

Take care
Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:35

Well propat there was no vote or an option to decide for those signing under the PA. This is a breach of contract which we honored and by law should have to honor too.
Veteran's who signed under the NVC has to argue the sacred obligation unfortunately, but those who signed under the PA have a different option which is a breach
Of contract and by definition is the law!!!
There has been alot of laws broken you yourself said you were muzzled by brass. I personally don't give a crap what it cost them I didn't tell or force them to piss away the coffers on illegals, refugees, future million immigrants or give it sway to countries or foundation's and terrorist. The government said if you get injured this is what you receive tax free and were not receiving it plain and simple. As for those who signed under the NVC get a union your going to be jerked around and pissed on the rest of your lives if you don't!!!

Also take the lump sum you can turn it into millions supposing all you do is buy gold bullion and sit on it for twenty years.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:59

yup newf is correct but they have been protected from the GOC in the past in a weird form of collective bargaining . they GOC has tried to force the NVC on these guys since 2006. once a straight out offer right from the get go that was rejected and another forget when in a back ally legislative move I think it was the senate of all people who shut that down . since then the move to unionise has moved along with a lot of GOC resistance . they won the right to collective bargaining in the supreme court some time in and around 2015 I'm guessing coinciding with the loss of SSR . they are receiving resistance from the GOC in some very unfair ways but it looks like full collective bargaining rights if not full unionisation IS in there future .

the military should take a lesson from this .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Fri 15 Dec 2017, 20:29

Wildthing,
we are the ONLY police force in Canada that does not have a union.  Our SRR (Staff Relations Representative) program got canned about two years ago which did some great things for our membership.  The membership is in limbo right now with no representation waiting to get unionized   RCMP got alot of issues within the  organization as you can tell from the number of lawsuits over the past few years.   Morale and lack of resources are suffering.

ScottyG,
If you get caught on scene for speeding...is to get out of your car then run and run fast hoping the officer does not tazer you.  Just joking:)  Best advice I can give is to be polite, courteous and sometimes a simple joke/funny comment may help.  That usually goes a long way as sometimes drivers often don't know the shit (e.g. fatal collision, suicide, etc)  that officer was dealing with before he/she got pulled over for speeding.  

Drive safe out there

Newf

Last edited by Newf on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 07:00; edited 1 time in total
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Dec 2017, 19:16

Wow former RCMP ....Whats the best way to get out of a speeding ticket once your caught at the scene ? How does a off duty cop get out of a speeding ticket....i have waited so long to ask this question LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Dec 2017, 18:35

Never new that you have been a csat member a long time. You belong to the smart union clan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Thu 14 Dec 2017, 17:59

Johnny211,
Thanks. We are absolutely brothers n arms and we are dealing with very similar issues. This is a great place to support and help each other out. Btw-i am also a former combat engineer who served in the regular forces.
Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next