Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

+3
Dannypaj
Teentitan
johnny211
7 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27 - Page 4 Empty Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 17:08

trooper correct the changes were made on the go ahead of the PM but it was fantino and his staff that did all or the bulk of the work on them otool did however make the announcements.

propat

Back to top Go down

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27 - Page 4 Empty Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 17:05

wild thing --- teen to much of a politician ??? you are or you arnt .

you either meant he is a politician . witch is wrong .

or he is to political . witch he is at least to me but I also understand he has to be.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 16:59

WOW what the frack happened while I was away far to much I want to comment on than I actually have time for id be here for days lol. prepare for burst message out.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 27 Jul 2015, 16:58

Teen, I stand by my statement above the minimum ELB/SISIP is 42k (regardless of rank or pensions) and like i say you dont have to be TPI to get that. see link below:

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/news/viewbackgrounder/7

Introducing a minimum annual Earnings Loss benefit:

In addition to the legislated changes outlined above, the regulations which govern the New Veterans Charter are being amended to include a minimum annual, pre-tax income of $40,000 for recipients of the monthly Earnings Loss benefit. This enhancement should, over the next five years, increase the monthly financial support available to approximately 2,300 Veterans who either left the Canadian Forces while still at a low military rank or when military salaries were much lower than they are today.

The TPI is required for EELB/SISIP LTD and of course to get the PIA supplement which would take you to min 62k.

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 16:25

OK that sounds good....HOPE.

It's the word most used at Stakeholder/Summit/teleconferences/correspondence.

The internet and forums like CSAT are definitely fantastic weapons for advocates. It's great at spreading the word, programs, and help for vets.

Oh and thanks for the kind words Nav. Sometimes my skin gets a little thin and I sorta lose it. So sorry to all who just want to blow off steam and say their bit here on CSAT.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 15:56

Trooper said it much better than I , that's exactly what I meant! Thank you Trooper, I'm only willing to give the NDP a chance because they have not screwed veterans like the two other parties. If they did get elected and did nothing , then they have lost my vote, but until then I don't want to take another chance with the Cons or Liberals , another 5 years , forget it! At least if the NDP gets in the spotlight will be on them , they either act or they will be a one term wonder. I want Hope Teen , and so far the only hope I see is in the NDP. I believe Stoffer is legit and why would a guy fight so hard for veterans get voted in and turn around and screw us. Financially I get treated very good by VAC and sisip but in the early years there was fear and depression related to the process of getting financially secure. I just believe if you put Money into a veterans pocket you give him pride , pride in him knowing he can pay the bills provide for his family and have some fun. We only got one life and a lot of us would not be where we are if we didn't sign the dotted line and serve. So hope is ,what I'm believing in. I'm hoping the NDP will deliver because if they don't , we're in a Shute load of trouble if the best thing they can come up with is horse therapy! Oh and Teen , nobody I know has fought for veterans rights and for us to be heard than you. Thru the dark days of the sisip ltd saga I don't know ht I would have done without you on here, so I appreciate ,your service very much. I don't care what party you belong to either, it should not matter, at this point veterans need to stand united and tell the Government we will not go quiet into the night, we will not disappear, we will never surrender , SHOW US THE MONEY!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 15:53

I know that at the last Summit the issue of the veteran being ready to commence rehab was brought up that it should be when the vet is ready. So it is an issue being looked at (studied).

6608 there is no minimum for ELB/LTD. It is calculated to 75% of what rank you were upon release with other sources of income (other then PA payments) deducted from the 75%.

As for the $42K that is the number for the minimum or rank of medically released Private. That number is for vets who do not have a CF pension coming in and their ELB (which again is 75% of your rank at realease).

Back in I want to say 2011/12 then MVA Blackburn announced that the PIA Supplement of $1100 max would be used to make sure a veteran Pte would have a minimum income of $42K.

We have been fighting for the $50K to $55K range.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 15:45

Its not the amount teen the fact is it should be automatic no strings attached until the vet deciedes he/ she is ready to proceed mentally or physically with either schooling or rehab or just left alone they may never be ready for either.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 27 Jul 2015, 15:44

Teen, the minimum would be approximately $62,000 for your above example not 42k. 42k is the min for ELB/SISIP for which you do not have to be TPI to get.

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 15:29

Right now thru the NVC a Totally Permanently Impaired veteran will get a minimum of $42,600 a year. This is made up of ELB, PIA and PIA Supplement.

What should be a minimum yearly salary for a TPI veteran?

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 15:21

Let's not loose tract that we are all Veterans , Veterans who sometimes don't share the same thoughts as other Veterans but share the same goal , a goal that is meant to give personal opinions , personal thoughts , personal hardships , help towards a momentum of strong , solid , progression of priorities to enable ( ALL ) disable Veterans the benefits we all deserve.

I think there is only one place to start that can allow for ( ALL ) Veterans to embrace - or feel secured in the world they are now faced to live in , and that I do believe is financial security , this is where the priority has to start , we don't have that today , and there's no sign of it coming anytime soon.
Once this has been addressed , and only once this has been addressed will we see the shift in the attitudes of Veterans.
If an MP can have access to a solid financial pension , why not the same for disabled Veterans ?
The categorized an minimal improvements can come after , not before as what's happening today.
I think in order to gain back the trust an respect of disabled Veterans , the issue of financial security has to be tackled first , without this you can bring in all the improvements you want , but in the end , it is for certain going to fail an further frustration among the Veteran community.
Has anyone noticed that every time Veterans ask for more money , an when I say money , I mean money in your pocket , it is always replied in the form of look what we have done for our Veterans ?
Look around an see for yourself the sticking points of what Veterans want , an then look at what is given.
Bottom line for me is that until someone gets up an actually comes forward to act an address this issue of financial security for ( ALL ) of our disabled Veterans , in a manner that would result in Veterans embracing it - the fight will only continue to escalate.

Now to prove something you need history to accomplish that - I won't speak much of the Liberals as they have already proved to me at least that the history from them regarding Veterans is not worth speaking about.

The conservatives on the other hand have certainly proved that they can piss off a lot of Veterans , and the election tactics used in proving their loyalty towards Veterans as of late in my mind has proved to fail , and fail big time.

In Navrat's defense and he can correct me if I'm wrong , what he is saying is that unlike the Liberals an Conservatives there's no proof from the NDP as they have yet to be given the opportunity , as there's no history for them , so I think what Navrat is getting at is why not give the NDP a chance to prove themselves , what do we have to loose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 15:10

Wild thing and all I have not lost my focus. The NVC announcements of all the new benefits happened because advocates like myself and the Ombudsman's office have been fighting for it.

I know all the new benefits may not apply to everyone but a big problem has been fixed for NVC clients who turn 65...they still have money coming in. Not like the PA guys which is sad and still a topic we advocates are fighting to change.

I know it's hard to read about horse and dog therapy and maybe I took some comments to personally. But it's BS programs like this that helps "normal therapy" for ptsd approved that much quicker for vets.

CIMVHR (Canadian Institute of Military and Veteran Health Research) is a made in Canada (by a veteran) of universities around the world to share information on treatment of ptsd. The $250k they got today will help a university department to follow "how" equine therapy calms a veteran which they will then use (with the help of other universities) to use in traditional therapy sessions.

This program also helps identify vets with different ptsd problems that helps VAC identify and process claims. It's a long process but VAC adjudicators are getting there. Like I've said the bureaucratic wheels are slower then the 3 fingered tree sloth of South America.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 27 Jul 2015, 15:01

Veterans Affairs Minister Erin O’Toole announced last week that the federal government will fund veterans’ pension appeals all the way to the Federal Court. I don't have the headspace to continue fighting...and I don't want to waste my time....and not to mention lining future politicians (lawyers) with money to explain to VAC what I have explained to them over and over again.
Erin most have some lawyer buddies needing jobs.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 14:51

There is only one main issue on medically released vets minds is what I am trying to tell you teen nothing else matters until it is guaranteed for all. (financial security first) If that is not number one priority on your list yes i would have to say like many others you have lost focus on the real and main problem confronting all medically released veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 27 Jul 2015, 14:49

Meanwhile back on the farm...

For the last year, every time I hear about another upcoming "announcement" I cringe.

This horse therapy (equine therapy) has been around forever. It's valid but why is it being re-invented as something "experimental"? At a tune of $250.000+ and it's going to research/study?
Service dogs? O.k. Cats? Don't know. Birds?

CIMVHR sounds sincere as other recipients of GoC research money may have been. But I am sick and tired of everything getting researched and studied to death.
I feel a cost/benefit analyses of all of these GoC and VAC studies and research' is due. And that shouldn't cost a zillion dollars either. Results??? TBA this October 19th.

Back at the farm... my budgies wants a birdseed rebate from VAC. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum