Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

+3
Dannypaj
Teentitan
johnny211
7 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27 - Page 3 Empty Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 18:58

No problem there Navrat , and teen keep up the good work my friend , we all very much appreciate what you do for us all !

Back to top Go down

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27 - Page 3 Empty Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 18:56

No , Sisip LTD has not been changed , it is 75% of your released CF salary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 18:50

OK we need to clarify a few things here

Are you talking about all income (ELB, CF Pension, PIA, PIA S, CPP D) under ELB and LTD?

If so yes the minimum is $42K TOTAL per year.

Is this what we are talking about?

As for the regs on the new benefits they, with fingers crossed, are up on the Canada Gazette by 31 July.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 27 Jul 2015, 18:35

Propat, the minimum for the RISB is $29,600k or $43,400k if you get the PIA and supplement........more to follow once the regulations are done.

and Teen, SISIP LTD minimum is 42K the same as ELB (it was changed at the same time as ELB)

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 18:27

OK the ELB is $42k but not SISIP/LTD that is where I got confused.  

SISIP is 75% of pre-release salary.

But what VAC is making sure of is the minimum annual income is $42K not including PA.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 18:03

teen seems to me there is no minimum on the RISB if you are getting crap before 65 you will get 70% of crap after .

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=945859

will looks further into it later times up gots ta go.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 18:00

thanks for that johnny .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 27 Jul 2015, 17:51

Euquine Therapy - I will comment on the subject of the announcement. As I am one who has done this Euquine Therapy alot. As anyone on here with ptsd will tell you, there pscy's have alot of tools in there chest that can help us. I was diagnosed with severe ptsd 3 years ago, due to working at Swiss Air 111. The first time I did the horse therapy, I said this crap will never work. Like alot of you, I never grew up around horses, and could not tell you squat about them.
My first sessions was a real eye opener. I learned real quick that they are very intune with our emotions, and faciel expressions. As I walked around the field, holding the reins of this big beast, I could tell by the way he acted that he understood. He would nudge me forward when I was down, as my pscy did EMDR at the same time and brought me back to my event. He would act as a calming effect, as I could pet his body, head. I know it sounds odd, but for me, and alot of Vets at this ranch it was a life saver. And I continue to do this therapy and other methods.
I am one of you who has been thru years of the DVA fight, and did Voc Rehab. For me I cannot work anymore. I am now TPI, EELB, PIA, CPPD. So if anyone on here needs help , be it working thur this DVA process, or want a ear with there ptsd I am here. Pm me anytime. I so thank Teen, bigrex, propat, and alot of others on here who I have PM'd numerous ? over my struggle. I could not have worked thur the redtape with my head spacing, if not for this forum.
No matter what crap goes on in the hill, we on CSAT are here to support each other. Like we always did and "Have each others back". Just my thoughts for today.
VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 27 Jul 2015, 17:39

It's easy to show one's frustration and anger because anyone that has had to deal with VRAB means their original claim/application has been denied by VAC......and it is not easy to remain positive or cordial.

We all believe no one understands us vets and the government does not want to support/compensate us veterans like we deserve. Unfortunately everyone has a different fix.

VVi, in my opinion is the best site for keeping us up to date with news/information concerning veterans. It has a good number of people that voice their concerns and as difficult as it can be to discuss things, everyone is willing to help another vet.

I will be the first person to say the people involved in making Vvi what it is, are awesome people. They are far more informed and well versed in the political arena.

I know it is human nature to take things out on the closest to us (every have a stranger accidentally bump into you or push you......we tend to be very nice and say...it's ok.....but if that were to be our spouse, or kids, we get upset and tell them to watch what the heck they are doing).

What I am getting at, is....it is easy to vent, but we often forget many of us are ignorant (although we hate to admit) and we need the devils advocate to keep us informed.

Thanks Teen for having our back.......it's not easy to try and remain neutral but you do a great job......thanks for your efforts.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 17:37

6608 OK you already got it thanks buds . seen your last after I pumped the prior posts out as fast as my typing finger could lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 17:31

6608 I think you are absolutely correct on that minimum . think means no time ti research time limited .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 17:28

teen I don't think there is a minimum at all ill get back to you on that .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 17:24

wild thing yup financial security first feed the family then get better . giving back what has been taken since 95 will accomplish that .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 17:20

homeless vets and the legion helping . good for them they are part of the reason we have them in the first place .

the reason homeless vets are an increasing problem in recent years is not solely because of an increasing number of disabled vets coming home but it is this combined with the fact that they are coming home after by far the largest cuts to vets benefits in the history of this country witch the legion sighed off on.

far to little time spent on this witch should be a huge rant but time is limited right now.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 17:12

wild thing agreed announcements like this while positive are like a kick in the nads at this time whith everything else that's going on.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next