Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reduction due to budget

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Reduction due to budget - Page 3 Empty Re: Reduction due to budget

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 22:30

ya buds they pretty much do as per act and its regulation. you can read teens link above and it will tell you the same thing about the 2011 change buds . I prefer to go to the regulations for the act themselves but im sure that will explain it for you fine enough .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 23 Mar 2016, 22:23

Propat, all were increased in 2011 to the min rate so the dates dont mater........

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 22:17

yaaaa nav for those guys asking you dates are important especially that when the ELB became payable . as neer as I can figure if it became payable in 2007 then they will be using the senior PTE pay level in 2007 .

I haven't seen anything changing that yet . hope I do though .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 23 Mar 2016, 22:15

Teen, its for a lot of us already on LTD for a long time as well like i said many of us already got our increase in 2011.

Cheers
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 23 Mar 2016, 22:09

Well Nav that is bureaucratic wording we are dealing with so simple is not how it works.

Basically this minimum floor is for new recruits, Officer cadets and some reservists.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 22:02

Teen, why in Gods name, can't they just come up with some rule that doesn't require you to down a bottle of scotch to get thru it. Just say elb paid at 90 percent of release pay with min amount paid say 45000yr. Oh I have to say you were right about the liberals , I've given up politics I don't believe any of them . Professional bull Its sad because a lot of young afghan veterans at the legion really believed the pension act was coming back.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 23 Mar 2016, 22:01

Navrat, I believe there is no "reduction" just that the people at the lower end wont get the full percentage increase to 90% (from 2011- 2013 rates used now). I think the VAC bean counters figure they already got the increase in 2011.

Cheers

Last edited by 6608 on Wed 30 Mar 2016, 18:28; edited 1 time in total
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 23 Mar 2016, 21:54

About that new minimum of Senior Private Base I got this from the OVO:

From the 2011 RIAS on Bill C55: http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2011/2011-07-09/html/reg2-eng.html

The regulatory proposal primarily involves changes in the calculation of the earnings loss benefit. Veterans approved for Veterans Affairs Canada rehabilitation services and who released at lower salaries will now receive a higher earnings loss benefit allowing them to achieve the basic income level of approximately $40,000. Severely impaired or incapacitated veterans also receive additional benefits, not addressed by these amendments, which further boost their income above this baseline to a rate reflective of their increased costs.

So prior to Budget 2016
Basic Corporal Salary = 4714 x 12 = $56,568 x 75% = $42,426
Senior Private = 4120 x 12 =$49,440 x 75% = $37,080

Now with changes:

Basic Corporal = $56,568 x 90% = $50,911
Senior Private = $49,440 x 90% = $44,496

If the $40,000 minimum mentioned in the RIAS is indexed at 1.5% per year it would be approx. $43K

Conclusion changing to senior private still meets and exceeds minimum salary necessary to complete program.

Everyone should see a pay increase but some Veterans may perceive that they are losing $6500 a year because they are no longer having their ELB calculated at a basic private.

Note as well that CAF has not had a salary increase since 2013 http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/reg-force-ncm-class-c-rates.page and when it does the senior private salary will further exceed the minimum salary requirement.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 21:53

well buds its hard to say it all depends on dates I guess . the date your ELB became payable for one .

I don't really see a scenario right now but I do see scenarios where this increase will not actually be an increase AT ALL or 5-6 dollars a month .

anyone who was senior private or below upon release and their ELB became payable at that time can expect nothing extra , a few bucks extra not sure about a loss but might be possible I guess but if so would only be a few bucks .

propat

Back to top Go down

Reduction due to budget - Page 3 Empty Reduction due to budget

Post by Ex Member Wed 23 Mar 2016, 21:24

Just wondering , actually been asked a lot, because the new base line will be a senior private base pay will this result in a reduction of the monthly amount for some and us on sisip LTd do we even want the new rules?

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3