Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LTD or CPPD

4 posters

Go down

LTD or CPPD Empty Re: LTD or CPPD

Post by RCN-Retired Fri 25 Mar 2016, 02:18

Well I am one the has my pension, LTD and CPPD and adding the three I am not even close to my pre-release pay. Not sure where one went wrong but if it was not for my disability pension my family and I would be up shyte creek. I can only dream of getting a job but my 60 year old brain and body tells me F k off.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 15:17

oh I here ya buds I get it and it adds up to nothing in the end because its subtracted from SISIP . same as the ELB im on I get nothing because im collecting SISIP . I DO understand don't get me wrong . thing is these politicians can wright up any insane legislation they want with little regard for who they are fracking. yup they can get rid of the whole kit and caboodle
if they wanted to. thing is will they do it completely or going forward like the PA?

I applied for it all because I cant predict the future . they don't frack with this stuff anymore im ok , they frack with it with grandfathering im ok . they eliminate this stuff completely well I wasted a little time but im still no worse off than anyone else .

never wasted much time getting accepted for CPPD ELB and the rest accepted first go . mind you just getting the application for ELB and the rest was a bit of a pill so there is that.

everyone is different so I get not allying but if asked I would recommend doing so.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 24 Mar 2016, 14:53

True Propat, we don't know if RISB will still be around. But we also don't know if CPP will still be around either. But as of today, it is too much of a hassle to fill out that paperwork and additional medical exams to apply, with very little to no benefit.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 14:00

well bigrex and pinger I do understand . here are the questions will RISB still be there down the road ? will something like VIP still be there down the road ? will anything really?

sorry boys don't trust the politicians never have never will .

time was people like me worried about a carer or job and would not apply for anything until they were on the way out the door or were on the IE ya know the 30-60 plan .

that changed for me in 05 - 06 as much as I wanted to keep trying the righting was on the wall and the coming changes put my families future at steak .

so I went into apply apply apply mode RIGHT AWAY .

best fracking move I every made . I know this because of the fracked guys that didn't take my advice at the time kept trying and now wellllll they remind me almost every time I see them what a good move I made.

boys say don't trust in anything or anyone take nothing for granted and don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today .

learn from others mistakes if you can because it sucks butt learning from your own.

apply today I say tomorrow if it comes may be to late .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 24 Mar 2016, 13:17

I'm in the same kind of boat as bigrex, as well as being old PA.
Propat, I know... apply apply apply cppd but I never did yet.
You see, it may benefit the majority and I realize some implications.

But I am very very cautious not to shoot myself in the foot given one's
(my) particular situation and how it could play out in a bad way.

Kinda like... a monkey wrench into kibbles and bit's lol
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 24 Mar 2016, 12:47

I'm not on CPPD, and I'm not really concerned. I'm on EELB, so whatever I would have received for CPPD would just be deducted anyways. The same goes for CPP after 65, with the RISB, if it hasn't been eliminated in the next 21 years.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 09:14

yes nav apply for everything you are entitled to I say the second you are entitled to it. you never know what changes are coming down the road that will leave you kicking your own but saying why didn't I do that when I should have .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 09:08

That's correct Propat! All those years not paying into Cpp will destroy you at age 65. When your on cppd those years don't count, you don't get penalized so at 65 it converts to regular Cpp and its like you never were disabled all those years.ltd and Cpp are not the same ltd is a lot more and a lot more easier to get. Yes they stop at 65 but it's better to apply for both

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 08:37

if you are on CPPD it converts to CPP at 65 at your appropriate level when granted CPPD. if you haven't got CPPD and haven't payed in to CPP for many years when you hit 65 then you may have a big problem getting ANY CPP let alone at ANYWHERE NEER the same level.

propat

Back to top Go down

LTD or CPPD Empty LTD or CPPD

Post by DCHD27 Thu 24 Mar 2016, 08:30

Which of these are better to have I was told by case manager there are the same they both stop at age 65.

Any suggestions

DCHD27
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down