Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minister Kent Hehr "Interview"

+2
Dannypaj
srproctor
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Minister Kent Hehr "Interview" - Page 2 Empty Re: Minister Kent Hehr "Interview"

Post by bigrex Sat 02 Apr 2016, 14:45

Well, that is why they should be public. None of these people are going to hijack these meeting for their own purposes, if they know that other Veterans, including their own members, are watching. Nothing is worse than people who say one thing publicly, and completely reverse course once they get behind closed doors.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Minister Kent Hehr "Interview" - Page 2 Empty Re: Minister Kent Hehr "Interview"

Post by Teentitan Sat 02 Apr 2016, 14:20

That's the problem Rex there is at least a half dozen sycophant's in attendance and it just drives us, who try to go deep into an issue, crazy!

If the lifelong is going into meetings with stakeholders the list needs to be released by the VAC minister on the VAC website.

We need to know who is going so we can contact them with questions AND reports on how the meetings are progressing.

That's the problem with VAC bureaucrats they don't see the problems because they are not vets. They only see policies not consequences.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 02 Apr 2016, 13:35

I agree Teen. Every Veteran is a stakeholder, whether they are at the table or not. therefor these meeting shouldn't be held behind closed doors, real or virtual
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 02 Apr 2016, 13:11

The Chief Editor of VVi is still involved in stakeholder meetings the problem is VVi was not invited to the last meeting. I think he is pushing to get VVi back at the table.

As for broadcasting via skype meetings it a no go. The reason is things are said that might be misunderstood or people don't want to be seen on skype or recorded. Sometimes it's a pure gong show.

VVi always pushed for recordings but we were always shut down. Hell for a few meetings cellphones were collected at the door because someone was live tweeting.

That's why it's time to turn up the heat on Hehr to follow his holy doctrine madate letter to be open and transparent. If a stakeholder doesn't want to be recorded then why is that person at the meeting? If your afraid of what you say then why are you at the meeting if you are afraid to contribute to the conversation?

Like I said it's a gong show at times.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 02 Apr 2016, 08:56

or the plan for Veterans wellbeing is in motion for the next four years already?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 07:56

That's right CSAT is an online forum source , publicly open for all those to see , that is advocating indirectly and that is just one more reason why we have rules on the forum to follow.
Rules that reflect how the outside views our daily discussions , like teen has stated in an earlier post from another topic

"Foul language, slanderous statements, obscene posts only result in CSAT being ignored when trying to get a point made with the politico's, bureaucrats and VAC.

Clean language, with sound points and posts that are backed by solid proof is what makes the above to take notice and act upon."

The request has been sent to Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 02 Apr 2016, 07:34

VVi was there in the past, just saying, plus we are still an active and engaged growing online presence winning over hearts and minds. I am sure Ottawa could find a chair for a member representing CSAT.....Canadian Soldier Assistant Team or Veterans Voice. Sounds official to me.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 08:52; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Positive Thinking)
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 07:28

I am going to firstly ask Admin if a new representative is wanted and or is needed for VVi.

I will get back to you once I get a response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 02 Apr 2016, 07:11

Thanks for the quick response! So, the two solutions would be 1. Finding someone to represent us and 2. Knowing if VVi are still invited and if "yes", when, where, who and how?

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 07:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Positive Thinking)
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 06:59

Sproctor the disability award is index to inflation , and the year is 2006 not 2008.

The maximum amount of the disability award, which is paid to all veterans who have suffered a serious illness or injury related to their service, will rise to $360,000 from $310,000, starting in 2017, and will be indexed to inflation. Any veteran who has received the disability award since 2006 will get a retroactive top-up.

Danny CSAT is a Forum designed to assist each other in providing the assistance in various subjects surrounding Veterans and regular service members.
This assistance is done by discussions and sharing information among the members of the forum to result in proactive help.
CSAT does not directly advocate for Veterans therefore we do not sit at any stakeholders meetings.
CSAT advocates indirectly in the form of our daily discussions and the daily sharing of info/help.

CSAT is a part of VeteransVoice.info.

Teen use to advocate on behalf of VVi , however he no longer advocates for VVi as he has stepped down therefore that is the reason why we no longer sit at stakeholders meetings as we no longer have a representative to represent us.

With all of that said , anyone who wishes to stand up and take over as representing VVi in the form of directly advocating can send me a PM.
I'm not saying that VVi is looking for a replacement in regards to this advocating representation , but if anyone is interested I will forward the request to Administration for consideration or acknowledgement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 02 Apr 2016, 06:14

Take everything you hear with a grain of salt.  This is Politics we are talking about?  No it is not! Why is CSAT not invited to these stakeholder meetings?  Do we not have a voice as stakeholders?  Teen, why hasn't anyone replaced you to attend these meetings in Ottawa? I saw picture of you online (at previous stakeholder meetings) and you were looking sharp! We need the NVC?PA (CSAT) ladies and gents at these stakeholder meetings, we need the minutes, we need to know what is happening.
If I were in Ottawa, I would make my present known there!  
Here is another question. Why is it behind closed doors?  Skype, Live Broadcast.
It needs to be transparent and fair.  
Wait and see Surprised
I do believe they want to help
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by srproctor Fri 01 Apr 2016, 23:22

40:00 ....

The D.A. will be indexed to inflation. Thanks for the recorded stream.  

I wasn't completely sure until Minister Kent did not correct Danielle on her statement. So, a D.A. from 2008 under the new table would be indexed for inflation for 9 years?? Is that correct?

Last edited by srproctor on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 23:33; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More DATA)

srproctor
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Minister Kent Hehr "Interview" - Page 2 Empty Minister Kent Hehr "Interview"

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 13:26

Here is a real good interview with our MVA , it's from the "AUDIO VAULT"

Some were wondering who the stakeholders were ? Well he talks about that , and mentions the Legion.

He talks about the lifelong pension and other benefits announced in the latest budget.

To watch the interview you need to set the Date to March 30 , the time to 1:00 pm , adjust the time from 1:00 pm to 1:34.50 that's when the interview starts.

http://www.newstalk770.com/audio-on-demand-2/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2