Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+20
puddleduk2
Nemo
rucksack031
devans156
K9
By the Bay
Dove96
1993firebird
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
pteadams2002
bigrex
oldsailor
Jeffery M
Rags
OldZipperhead
Wife of a Veteran
peep
dennismanuge
Teentitan
24 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:33

Thank you all for your encouraging comments. This means a lot to me. Oldvet yes the CO on that Roto was questionable. I found the stress higher inside the wire than out . To many RSMs charge happy about boot blousing and haircuts. You were either Mugged, Gapped and so on. Robbie, I've always looked up to you when we served.

Jeff Ashikawa
AAP/DFS 72A
Ret MCPl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:13

This is what soldiering is all about when you hit the door running, you never have time to shut that door that is slammed behind you. We all take that objective for granite because for most of us it is the beginning of the battle. Ash my man you have more of my respect than you could ever possibly know love the post as maybe only a few of us that have marched side by side can relate. Here at objective with ya brother, Airborne.
Fair Winds.
Jump Manifest checked give us a call at the DZ Shack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 10:12

We were on the same tour, ROTO 0 Afghanistan; the CO put us all in a chronic state of anxiety for 6 months straight..... I was 031 as well and trying to imagine who you were, as we would have been from the same unit. That's not important, the important thing is to carry on. Godspeed

Airborne "all the way than some"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 09:58

This is what this cast is about...Healing your broken hearts! When a MAN like this shares his inner pain..we all can feel it! It's not about the money, it's the pain and suffering we did to fight for this great country! Thank-you my brother for your story...You are a HERO

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Empty ISOPREP

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 09:34

ISOPREP

Isolated Person Report is what military and certain civilian agencies fill out prior to deploying in hostile territory. This is your plan "A" if worse case scenario should happen, and you get separated from your unit, captured by the enemy, or have managed to Escape and Evade your captures. This form in itself is your one and only legal ticket to identify you from potential threats. The SF, or Recovery Unit uses this form when the plan is put into motion on finding and extracting you out of harms way.
But what about here, behind friendly lines? What is used to locate and pull you out of shit here? Where is my ISOPREP? I've been isolated in what I've seen to be hostile territory for a long time. I've been diagnosed, misdiagnosed, led to believe, and at times misguided, all by the same umbrella corporation, which in their wisdom, wrote me off like lost or damaged kit. No references to the Resident Evil movies. I'm talking about DMEDPOL and DMCARM. Faceless policy makers, where your personal file roles across some ones desk in Ottawa, and with the God complex authority entrusted in them, make the call whether you are green or red to continue on with your career.
2003, Roto 0 in Afghanistan, broke me as a soldier and as a human being. Not sure why, although I have been previously diagnosed with PTSD, or OSI from a previous tours. Maybe this Afghanistan Tour is what broke the camels back. Yes punned intended. I never had time to heal, seek guidance or get proper help. I wore a mask and daily disguise to blend as i know that the infantry pack can smell fear and would not hesitate to attack and consume their own, as i narrowly escaped myself in the mid 90's. I spent all those years trying to break away from the stereo type which is just as traumatic as the incidents witnessed. I was picked on, segregated, isolated, ridiculed, looked down upon and cast aside for most of my military career since my issues came to be known amongst my chain of command. So why didn't I simply fold and give up? I'm not a quitter. If I was, I definitely would not be here today. I would have followed the same dark path that leads to suicide that so many good soldiers and friends have gone. So I reinvented myself. I denied all accusations of anxiety issues. I topped courses I've been on, I completed the Ironman competition,
Participated on many U.S courses such as the Air Assault, MOUT leadership course, received my U.S jump wings, attempted selections for JTF2, and the list goes on. But regardless of all these accolades, I wake every morning and place a mask over my face. Fake smiles, and typical Good to Go attitude as a front. But underneath, I'm broken, and have been for a long time. I still respect and admire my choice of career path. An infantry soldier is all I ever wanted, and now, it's all I know. Forced to medically retire 6 months prior to my 20 years of service, I sit, isolated from the world. I lay low, in the shadows, though I feel I may explode. I have nothing to show for, other than medals and memories. Everyday is a struggle for me. I'm currently on 5 different types of medication, where in 2004 I was on 11. I'm seeing 2 psychologists, and 1 psychiatrist. Though currently I find therapy very evasive and somewhat abrasive. But hey, I'm still here mofo.
So, my ISOPREP is filled on pages of personal documents which reminds me that being a soldier is more than wearing a uniform, and achieving rank, it's who you are, what you've become, what you will always be. Whether you were baptized by gunfire, survived close calls, or led by extremely incompetent leaders, once a brother in arms, always a brother in arms.

Pro Patria, Facta Non Verba, Ex Coelis.........

Ash, out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Thu 21 Feb 2013, 19:53

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 19:50

And there he was gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 19:29

Whats new???

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Empty I AM BACK!!!!

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 19:28

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:51

Thanks I love ketsup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:27

that's my boy drip drip your too funny Peeps

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Empty Drip Drip Drip (part 2)

Post by peep Sat 16 Feb 2013, 10:58

Well I have come up with an ingenious invention. It holds a bottle of ketchup frozen upside down. When it thaws it starts to drip. Will give you an uneventful update every blue-moon by having to change it. Its a good buy, 17.83% go to the patient office including all estimated forward purchases.

I'll distribute then as soon as I get the patent. Should take two weeks and another week for the French translation.

P.S. redfisher1 you get the free prototype since you more than deserve it. Hang in their buddy, its coming.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Tue 04 Dec 2012, 16:30

I am not D.M. on CSAT.

I don`t hide behind anonymity or initials

Thanks

Dennis Manuge

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Empty denis manuge DM if you hate this site and majority people on here why do you keep coming back?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 09:08

dennis manuge or DM i like to refer you is much shorter .... i noticed especialy last month when you posted about how good the deal is and we will be pleased and bragging i know something you dont...... that was a taunt DM <<<<<<<<" DM "<<<< here does not denis manuge it means something else and i will let you use you imagination.......... your a spoiled brat dennis take your ball go home look yourself in mirrow and say over and over how much you love yourself high pony....
we are veterans under a lot of stress you come here DM provoke and enjoy it because some people make you angry... you annoy me everytime you have baby fit DM

Last edited by mfors2222 on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 06:44; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 16:05

great to hear i played in the first one and everyone after till i was suddenly unable it was a lot of good fun.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next