Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assorted Merged Stored Topics

+24
Rags
Slaket
abetterway
Dannypaj
armybulldog
1993firebird
rucksack031
Kramer
Dove96
meteck
Sapper Zodiak
birdgunner
johnny211
2 Truck
BinRat
Rifleman
cosmo12
pinger
loggie
Teentitan
prawnstar
bigrex
Jeffery M
28 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

who do you want to win this election ?

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Vote_lcap100%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 19 ]
Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Vote_lcap0%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Vote_lcap0%Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Assorted Merged Stored Topics - Page 39 Empty Re: Assorted Merged Stored Topics

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 22:40

not sure exit controls are a good idea revoking passport's and citizenship is great.

lets see now radicalized Canadians are traveling abroad and dying instead not being allowed to travel and being kept in Canada to do god knows what.

if they survive the fight they may have their citizenship revoked .

this sounds more like a solution than a problem to me.

JMO

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 29 Sep 2014, 22:00

Once they leave the country, it is too late to do anything about it, but they can't deny people the right to travel. The only way to stop it, would be to interview each and every Canadian that purchases tickets for an international flight to a region where terrorism is rampant. I would also flag any Canadian passport that is used to purchase international tickets while visiting another country. that way, if they do return to Canada, they can put them under a microscope before allowing them back out into society.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 19:48

Not directly in ref to ISIS but I think that is a real possibility Navrat from the Governments and CSIS agenda's in connection with CPIC profiling. I think it also has relevance for FATCA. I support transparency and if inconvenient to me it is a small price to pay IMO for National Security especially if it keeps our front line men and women safer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 19:26

Exit controls might be a good idea but with exit controls the government knows about everyone leaving and entering. This may weed out the occasional terrorist but I think it has more to do with Harper keeping tabs on the snowbirds and anyone collect EI or disability that leaves the country for extended periods. I believe some cppd and different programs restrict out of country payments? Just a thought

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 19:14

The issue of Canadian youth becoming radicalized and joining terror groups overseas, such as al Qaeda or ISIS, has become more prominent in recent years.

Late last month, the federal government said it was aware of more than 130 people with “Canadian connections” who had travelled abroad and were suspected of engaging in terror-related activity over the past year.

Last week, it was reported that Mohamud Mohamed Mohamud from Hamilton, Ont., had died while fighting for ISIS in Syria.

He followed other Canadians who have also reportedly joined ISIS, including Calgarian Damian Clairmont, who was killed in Syria, and Salman Ashrafi, who died in a 2013 suicide mission in Iraq.

On Sunday, Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney announced that Canada is working on a policy that would involve revoking known extremists’ passports and citizenships, and developing “exit controls,” such as recording data on people who leave the country.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/handbook-aims-to-keep-muslim-youth-from-extremism-1.2030202#ixzz3EkY5DTo4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 16:53

OPP issues memo to officers about ISIS concerns

A memo has been sent out to all members of Ontario’s provincial police force, cautioning about the threat posed by Islamic State, CTV News has learned.

Sgt. Peter Leon confirmed to CTV News that a memo was distributed to all Ontario Provincial Police officers, but said the statement will not be publicly released.

According to Leon, the memo is a sign of how important it is for officers to be armed with the “best information” about the militant extremist group.

"It shows the seriousness of what is happening around the world, and how important it is for officers to be equipped with the best information, with a focus on their safety," he said.

The memo, issued earlier this week, comes days after an ISIS spokesperson released new audio which encouraged the group's supporters to attack citizens from a number of Western nations, including Canada.

In the recording, ISIS encourages attacks on anyone whose country is taking place in the campaign against the terror group, regardless of they're civilians or in the military.

Canada is taking part in a non-combat role in the U.S.-led coalition to fight ISIS, which has seized large portions of Syria and Iraq. ISIS says its aim is to create an Islamic state or caliphate in the region.

The U.S. launched its first airstrikes on ISIS targets in Syria last Tuesday, in conjunction with five Middle Eastern countries. More airstrikes were underway Saturday.

In recent days, more than 100,000 Syrian refugees have fled to Turkey in a bid to escape ISIS. The group has also claimed responsibility for three recent beheadings of U.S. and U.K. citizens that were working in the region

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/opp-issues-memo-to-officers-about-isis-concerns-1.2027612#ixzz3EYHOp5Yl

Send that memo to all security agencies right across the Country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Sep 2014, 13:24

The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, CBC News has learned.

Sources tell CBC News U.S. President Barack Obama brought the idea of an air war conducted by an international coalition to Prime Minister Stephen Harper in August and asked for Canada 's support.

Harper agreed to send military advisers to Iraq to scope out what Canada could offer.

cbcnews.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Sep 2014, 13:03

Navrat,

you make and excellent point ,
I was just talking to another Veteran this morning and he made the same point you have made.

What is important here is to know the amount of individuals who are now serving, that actually know what lies ahead for them if they were to get medically released from the service.

This is where the Government should be providing to each serving member the proper info to them with respect to what they
are entitled to if they were to be released medically, this info should include all changes that were made to our benefits,
what cuts have taken place within the last ten years, and what support to expect when one is to be released.
Each serving member should be given all of the right information before he or she is sent abroad.

Another suggestion would be to back up your stance when you state that ISIS is a real threat,
with boosting defence spending, not cutting it.
This government has to back up what they say, with common sense measures.
If the government sends it's troops abroad, they should take measures to ensure that each and everyone of them
are looked after if one is to be medically released, no soldier should have to fight for years to get benefits,
and they most certainly should not have to count on the courts to get those benefits.

This ISIS group is sending a clear message to the world, they have no respect for human kind,
and they have no remorse when killing any human.
They have clearly showed that.
Any one of them can return to any Country, and commit horrific acts on innocent human beings.

Changing times, calls for changing measures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Sep 2014, 04:25

ahhh Jeffery that's just not the case it very well does know . heck they helped create this mess.

they knew it would be a mess but they had to help reduce the cost of the last war somehow so now we have the buyout.

navrat my family has a long history with the military are tradition was to serve and vote tory.

as long as anyone can remember my father grandfather and so on have served at least 3 years this is just what we do its actually expected. we believe all Canadians should serve at least 3 years . yup some have served longer. me and my brother joined to do our 3 he left after his and I stayed on that happens .

we all voted tory are whole lives year in and year out but not just that we worked for them.

my father and grandfather were organizers and money men.

a lot of tradition their but it all ended with me in 06.

NO FRACKIN MORE!!!!!!

haven't voted tory since nor will I allow if I can help it either of my sons to join the military until this mess is sorted out .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Fri 26 Sep 2014, 00:19

This government doesn't believe it has any mess about veterans.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 23:06

I know it's right , the fight against these terrorists , but think of all the injured and disabled veterans the way they have been treated? Isn't that the reason for the very existence of this forum and others. I just believe if Harper is ready to send troops then he better clean up this whole mess about the veterans because I wouldn't want my son going over there knowing that if he's hurt he has to fight for every nickel and dime , every medical benefit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014, 20:18

Yep, knock em down, finish them off, even if it means using the good old hockey stick, no place in this world for them.

These no brain scum have beheaded American, British, and now France.

Who will be next ?

They say that any one country who is part of the coalition is on their list.

Also, I just read where the US has asked Canada for more help  in the fight against ISIS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 24 Sep 2014, 10:58

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/22/sept-23-2014

This is embarrassing as the CSAT Forum Master I don't know how to post a picture??? If someone could PM me on how to do this I would appreciate it....in the meantime check out the link (that one I handled like a pro, LOL) it's hilarious
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Tue 23 Sep 2014, 13:29

The lump sum is a valiant success for those aged 70 or older..

Combat troops required for today's battles are reconsidering..

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 19:38

On Sunday, a spokesperson for the Islamic State released a 42-minute propaganda audio recording, during which followers are urged to kill Canadians, Americans, and any other citizens of countries taking part in a U.S-led coalition to fight the group.

In an English translation of the recording, which was posted online, spokesperson Abu Muhammad al-Adnani encourages IS followers to kill any "disbelievers,” whether they are civilians or part of the military.

"If you can kill a disbelieving American or European – especially the spiteful and filthy French – or an Australian or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State … kill him in any manner or way however it may be," the translation reads

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/islamic-state-group-threatens-canadians-in-new-audio-recording-1.2018135#ixzz3E5gpbVcO

I read that they maybe around 150 Canadians that are part of this ISIS group.
If that is correct, the danger here would be if some of those were to return to Canada,
and carry out that threat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next