Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DTC Why are the Neediest Disabled Canadians Receiving the Least Benefit?

+5
Teentitan
pinger
bigrex
johnny211
1993firebird
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DTC Why are the Neediest Disabled Canadians Receiving the Least Benefit? - Page 3 Empty Re: DTC Why are the Neediest Disabled Canadians Receiving the Least Benefit?

Post by Teentitan Thu 14 Jul 2016, 11:33

Well for the NVC guys not in receipt of a CF pension when they hit 65 getting 70% of EELB is better then getting nothing.

It's time to stop bitching about the RISB and start pushing to increase the rate from 70% to 100% when a vet reaches 65. Even further why not putting it out there to change the name of the EELB and making it the lifelong pension....a tax free lifelong pension.

The door is open and Hehr wants to hear ideas from veterans. So start thinking outside the box instead of staying in the box complaining.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

DTC Why are the Neediest Disabled Canadians Receiving the Least Benefit? - Page 3 Empty Re: DTC Why are the Neediest Disabled Canadians Receiving the Least Benefit?

Post by bigrex Thu 14 Jul 2016, 10:19

Honestly, VAC has made CPP(D), and plain CPP, almost obsolete for severely disabled Veterans, by deducting it dollar for dollar from our benefits. If you are on EELB, you gain nothing from getting CPP(D), unless you have young children. And now that everyone getting EELB, will be entitled to the RISB, which deducts whatever you get from CPP, it won't matter whether or not you were in receipt of CPP(D) before turning 65, since it all gets deducted anyways.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 14 Jul 2016, 08:13

I did not want to say that stuff to pinger but you did and I am aware of it. It is very important to APPLY.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 07:18

LMAO at pinger .yup apply apply apply . if they still offer another reconsideration apply again apply til ya cant apply no more . if ya think ya qualify fight till the end to get what you deserve .

apply early apply often that's what I say for every fracking benefit you qualify for .

even for CPPD I say ya think it doesn't make a difference but in fact it can make a difference .

aside from the obvious direct positive impact when you have children in post secondary education their is a potentially more important one .

being on CPPD ensures all those years of not paying into CPP while on CPPD will NOT negatively effect your CPP when you hit 65 .

ya if you became disabled at 63 not a big deal I get that but boys oh boys you go back many years of not paying CPP without being on CPPD and I'm telling ya when and possibly IF ya get your CPP you will be looking at that check wondering what the frack just happened .

will other programs mitigate the effects of what you loose in CPP simply because you were not on CPPD ???

ya somewhat depending on your situation mind you but possibly not at all .

even still will those programs still exist when the time comes ????

hmmm????

I was obviously done in the military but no claims in . call me hopeful or a hanger on if ya will .

exactly 30 DAYS before the change to the NVC I applied for EVERYTHING !!!!! CPPD and DTC included and got them straight away as I expected .

ya I still wanted to try but I opted to take care of myself and my own and was not about to rely on anyone ESPECIALLY the GOC to do ANYTHING .

ya see I understood at that time that a government that could take a 2.4 million dollar benefit and turn it into a 250 thousand dollar benefit while at the same time calling it the best thing that ever happened to me or people like me since the inception of the pension act has absolutely no limits to the depravity they are willing to sink to save a buck .

ya I'm one of the lucky ones for sure but deciding to take care of myself was at least a part of that and all I had to do was apply apply apply .

boys ya want my advice and mind you its only good advice if ya take it .

here it is .

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES !

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 13 Jul 2016, 21:23

Now I understand with respect to CPPD what you are saying because SISIP and CFSA deduct CPPD as income and bridge and it all works out to be the same income amount as you had before receiving CPPD. What I was talking about is the DTC which lowers your taxable income allowing you to make more money after taxes.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 13 Jul 2016, 18:48

What I was commenting on firebird was the cppd that got tacked into the conversation.
For instance, some of us approved for cppd at 30 may have much more to salvage financially
(their cpp) than someone else applying and approved at 60 years of age...

I hear echoes of apply apply apply somewhere....? smiley here.

Anyway, all I meant to say was... don't help the GoC shoot you in the foot.
All the time and trouble ain't worth squat if you come out even.

However... the principles ??? They are a very different affair..
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 13 Jul 2016, 16:50

I was told by my nurse that psychological conditions are almost always approved.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 13 Jul 2016, 16:40

Firebird, you are right. I've been approved for the DTC since 2004, two years before my medical release. I was merely trying to point out that those with physical disabilities have an easier time getting approved, only because there is clinical evidence to support their claim, IE X-rays. The existence of the disability cannot be disputed. Where as psychological injuries and conditions, will face more scrutiny and skepticism overall, because all they have to base their decisions on, is what the Dr writes.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 13 Jul 2016, 16:36

Not sure what you mean about age as I am nowhere near 65 and the DTC has nothing to do with ones benefits financial except that you get to keep more if you get the DTC.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 13 Jul 2016, 14:09

Firebird, here's hoping it does not impact your benefits badly as you did your homework.

I ain't cppd or dtc, just reluctant. It does depend on ones age and sit. though.

All things and situations considered, it could be futile if not upsetting someones
box of $ alphabets.

Just what I think about sometimes
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 13 Jul 2016, 08:26

bigrex , the DTC does not consider ability to work.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 12 Jul 2016, 22:21

I think it also depends on who you have looking at your file. Unfortunately, there is still a lot of stigma surrounding mental health, and how it affects your ability to work.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 12 Jul 2016, 21:37

I am TPI , PIA , PIAS , LTD , CPPD , VAC Disability so who knows.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 12 Jul 2016, 20:13

1993firebird - I wish you luck,its a hard one to crack. I got turned down first try and also on appeal. I quess it's all who does it and the wording. Good article trooper , it makes no sense to me. I am TPI, CPPD, and still cannot get it. VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 12 Jul 2016, 17:27

Got my DTC form today from my family Doctor , he did not write anything for the description of the psychological impact on my daily living. The nurse wrote my conditions down a month ago and she filled the form out , all the Doctor did was sign it. I see an appeal in my future.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next