Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

+37
tiger660
MaggieinNB
froggie2u36
abetterway
ceedee
booboo
tetech
armybulldog
EZRider
Dannypaj
Hab2013
PipperNavy
acerman1234
snrnavcom
rzm71
meathead
DCHD27
turbo
dzanzio
rucksack031
devans156
birdgunner
DeeCee
pinger
1993firebird
sabrelove
oldsailor
bigrex
peep
RCN-Retired
Rifleman
Teentitan
puddleduk2
Recon031
K9
Sapper Zodiak
41 posters

Page 52 of 61 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 56 ... 61  Next

Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 52 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by Recon031 Wed 14 Jan 2015, 15:37

Hey Ya'll ........... maybe a Dozen Eggs ! that's about it , once all the " FEES " are Subtracted !

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7.......get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 52 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by DeeCee Wed 14 Jan 2015, 15:22

Holey Crap, being a seven year guy, I might be able to afford a dozen beer!
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 17:45

13 years

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Tue 13 Jan 2015, 17:32

Hey Supreme007 ,

if you wouldn't mind me asking a question please ?

& I guess I'm about to compare apples for when mine arrives I am posting the amt. as well ....

I'm a 10 year retro man , & you are ?

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of.......7.......get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 16:37

Sisip cola retro arrived. I'd rather not say the amount but what the hell! I got 58 dollars . Big deal!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 06:42

for the record I could give a rats ass about the COLA I just want this shit to end period, enough is enough, period. Welcome back CSAT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 06:41

I said it way back when the Lead Plaintiff freaked out on this very site defending and ensuring all of us here how invested he was and would be with the work ethic and professionalism of MC. I said then they sucked Mooseballs and I repeat today they have graduated to WhaleShyte. Here we go again no communication other than a freaking “CHAIN EMAIL” describing in hieroglyphics the current “COLA” situation. Ironically as convoluted as that last email was so has this whole FACKING process. I am not and have never been impressed with the narcissism of the individuals whom stated from the very first printed plea to recruit medically released veterans under the old SISIP Policy to band together and right a wrong. I joined the law suit under the premise that I had a voice, wholly FACK was I wrong, all I had was over $55,000 to hand over to a FACKING bunch of children that I’d sooner slap up side the head and point then towards common sense, but obviously while these FACKERS woof down the caviar and the finest cognac available I will continue to fork out their share. Your FACKING kidding me, their share, I hope DM gets his cut as well, seriously he worked his balls off for it.
PS I am ok lmfao.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 17:39

Sparrow,

As always great info !

I have been doing  some digging on this site and will pass on what I found that reinforces what you have been told.

If a member who saw a reduction in his or hers Monthly sisip pay - will they - or can they still be entitled to receive a COLA retro cheque?
This CSAT member was told this by his CM from Manulife - they had to go back over all the claims years and found out some years they payed more COLA then they were required to by the settlements guidelines, so they have adjusted everyone's claims stating that some years they payed more and some they payed less.
So they have adjusted everyones benefits according to the COLA settlement guidelines.
"   However this does not affect the retro payments you may receive next year - next year meaning now   "

The other thing I found has to do with the question of paying back funds to Manulife.

Will those members who have seen a reduction in his or hers Monthly sisip pay - be required to pay funds back to Manulife ?
This member was told this by Dan Wallace - "They are provisions in the agreement that states that Manulife cannot go after any overpayments from this agreement"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 12 Jan 2015, 17:15

Thanks Sparrow. Tweet job!
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 12 Jan 2015, 15:47

Smoke and Mirrors again
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 12 Jan 2015, 13:49

When the Equitas lawsuit first started I had a few phone calls with Jim Scott and one with Don Sorochan, lead lawyer.

I asked what do you get out of this to Mr. Sorochan and he said..."I want our lawfirm to wear the white hat for a change and make a difference for veterans."

Jim Scott backed that statement up quite a few times to me. This is a true pro bono because the law firm did not state up front a percentage of payment from the class action lawsuit. If you remember MC was looking for 30% reimbursement.

I don't remember reading any/any percentage of reimbursement in the filing of the Equitas suit.

I'm pretty sure any judge that is assigned this lawsuit will not let Miller Thompson to drop a bill at the last second if Equitas is successful.

Just my opinion in the education of the law over my own lawsuit and the SISIP lawsuit I have learned.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3411
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 11:15

Sparrow,

Correct, I remember receiving a letter from MC stating no cost to us up front, if not successful - still no cost to us - if successful - cost taken off our amounts received.

In our case our cost was taken off from MC twice !

I do believe the NVC LAW SUIT is being looked after - or covered by " Equitas Society "

The following explains this;

In 2011, a group of concerned Canadians formed the Equitas Disabled Soldiers Funding Society (Equitas Society – meaning ”Equality”), incorporated pursuant to the Laws of British Columbia, in order to provide these services to our disabled soldiers.

a) To raise the awareness of the reduced disability benefits provided to our disabled Canadian soldiers as result of the 2006 New Veterans Charter,

b) To raise the funds necessary to pay for the legal disbursement costs of the disabled soldiers who have retained the law firm, Miller Thomson, to address their reduced disability benefits in the courts.

The law firm Miller Thomson has agreed to represent, pro bono, disabled soldiers with settlements under the New Veterans Charter. On October 30, 2012 Miller Thomson filed in the BC Supreme Court an application to certify a Class Action Law Suit for disabled soldiers who have received low settlements under the New Veterans Charter. Equitas has signed an agreement with Miller Thomson requiring Equitas to provide all the legal action disbursement costs (eg: doctor’s medical report fees, court fees, etc) - estimated initially at $100,000.00

Anything beyond what is mentioned above remains to be seen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jan 2015, 11:05

Thanks Navrat.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 11 Jan 2015, 20:48

Well said Sapper Zodiak, very well said. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 11 Jan 2015, 20:25

Ah Capitalism...we like it when it works in our favour, and wince when it works against us. One poster, (named after a nice car) reminded me that we are better off than most. I was caught-up in the game of ME ME ME, but I am happy to get what the law firm found was lacking in our retro pay. A correction of our CPI. Good on them. We all found things wrong in our previous lives, changed them and were promoted...it just a different game they play. Enjoy what may come to you. Take a walk. Hug your partner. Love what you have. This is our one chance on the ride!
Sap in the sun.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 61 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 56 ... 61  Next