Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is ELB really equal to SISIP in ALL cases ????????

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is ELB really equal to SISIP in ALL cases ???????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is ELB really equal to SISIP in ALL cases ????????

Post by Guest Sat 13 Aug 2016, 14:30

yes 75% I get that for both but 75% of what????

SISIP is salary at release .

ELB salary at release PLUS COLA on 100% of that until you qualify for ELB and 75% after that .

they are both different calculation with different outcomes by my numbers .

read the policies act and regs and tell me where I'm wrong pleas .

propat

Back to top Go down

Is ELB really equal to SISIP in ALL cases ???????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is ELB really equal to SISIP in ALL cases ????????

Post by bigrex Sat 13 Aug 2016, 14:09

Propat, SISIP and ELB were paying 75% of pre-release pay, and both were capped at a maximum of 2% increase per year. So it shouldn't matter if you were on SISIP right from the start, or placed on ELB later on, because the starting point, and annula increases would have been the same.. This could change though, with the increase to 90%, and the removal of the 2% cap on COLA for ELB. So unless SISIP follows suit on both counts, ELB could be considerably higher than SISIP within a few years.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Is ELB really equal to SISIP in ALL cases ???????? - Page 3 Empty Is ELB really equal to SISIP in ALL cases ????????

Post by Guest Sat 13 Aug 2016, 12:10

ya its a question that's been bugging me for a while now . I have asked this question a couple of different ways already with no response . soooo thought id ask this more directly for clarities sake as this has been bugging me for some time now .

the legislation seems to read for ELB pay at release plus COLA on the entire amount until you qualify for ELB .

SISIP policy seems to be just pay at release plus COLA on 75% of that .

now for those on ELB at or around their release date I get that .

but for those that didn't go on ELB till much latter should not ELB be higher and paying the difference ?????

I must be wrong because they are paying me nothing .

have been watching other SISIP guys get it at latter stages and they seem to be zeroed out as well . so again I must be wrong correct ?????

I keep going over it and it still bugs me because I cant see how I'm wrong .

little help ??????

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3