Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

+12
BinRat
Iceman
johnny211
Newf
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
1sea0shell33
Teentitan
bigrex
pinger
Vet1234
red510
16 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land) - Page 2 Empty Re: VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by pinger Sat 28 Jan 2017, 21:24

Case in point Vet1234.

There are some very good case managers (helpful),  

Then their are some that are nasty and don't give a rat shyte.

I don't like that. None of us do.
Kinda like, down the river without a paddle.

Never EVER heard of a CM supervisor.
What in the heck is that ?

Probably bologna
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land) - Page 2 Empty Re: VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by Willie Sat 28 Jan 2017, 21:04

I am so glad Vet1234 that you persevered and got the benefits you are entitled to. I hope the Ombudsman can help you get a new CM that is on your side.

Willie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 28 Jan 2017, 19:45

pinger wrote:Vet1234 wrote " Can you lend me your CM Pinger? "

Switching cm's can be done, old news.

For anyone that may not have an agreeable one ?

WE HAVE THE CHOICE TO GET ANOTHER ONE !

So if you are in my D.O.'s locale, London. No sweat Vet1234, I'll drop you her name.
She's a pro-active good one. Has been for 4 years for me anyway.

Let me know Vet.

I asked to switch CMs and the CM supervisor in my local office denied me. In September I filed a complaint with the Ombudsman. I just got assigned last week.. Hopefully they can do something for me. My CM is not a friend to vets. She has repeatedly told me I wouldnt be eligible for benefits, which I now receive. She told me I wouldnt be TPI... a few weeks later I'm deemed TPI.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 28 Jan 2017, 17:21

The brasso ain't required Newf.

A few cm's actually give a flying rat frack.

Stay safe all.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Sat 28 Jan 2017, 16:31

Pinger, thanks for the rusty horseshoe. Gonna get my can of brasso metal polish out and spend a few hours shining it tomorrow:)
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 28 Jan 2017, 14:29

Vet1234 wrote " Can you lend me your CM Pinger? "

Switching cm's can be done, old news.

For anyone that may not have an agreeable one ?

WE HAVE THE CHOICE TO GET ANOTHER ONE !

So if you are in my D.O.'s locale, London. No sweat Vet1234, I'll drop you her name.
She's a pro-active good one. Has been for 4 years for me anyway.

Let me know Vet.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger660 Sat 28 Jan 2017, 05:27

I send in my request in 29 April 2016. It went to step 3, 14 June 2016. I phoned this week and was told that they are not working on the request for the month of April, therefore it should not be long before I have an answer. Also was told, when it is done, I will get the answer via my VAC Account, follow by a paper copy in the mail.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 27 Jan 2017, 22:23

Can you lend me your CM Pinger?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 27 Jan 2017, 20:00

At least the decisions in the mail Newf, and the waiting is over. Like Vet1234 mentioned, the 866 number can't tell you anything in that regard. Your cm can. Mine called me before I called her and well before any letter.
Lending you my rusty horseshoe...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Fri 27 Jan 2017, 18:10

Thanks Vet1234. I will call first thing Monday morning.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 27 Jan 2017, 18:02

nice newf!!
if there was a decision letter drafted, you can call your CM or anyone at your local office to tell you the decision right away instead of waiting for the mail. The call center cannot access the letters though.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Fri 27 Jan 2017, 16:45

I called VAC two days ago to enquire as to why my applications have been at Step 3 for so long. I was told they are now working on September files and my matters would be addressed soon. Good news today. After 53 and a half weeks, my three applications are now complete with a decision letter in the mail. Just wanted you guys to know the time frames involved here. Have a safe weekend:)
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 27 Jan 2017, 14:34

well vet1234 i took your advice and called again they said the hold up was misplaced paper work that is now found and file will be back on track come Monday ty for your help. this has been the best information website for all vets and i am glad another vet got me to check this out months ago. I try to let as many others know about this great site as i can

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Fri 27 Jan 2017, 03:01

Well remember that in Ontario they only had 5 people doing them, and had a 11,500 case backlog they had to work through.

Mine got moved up, and has been sitting at stage 3 for going on 5 months now

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 26 Jan 2017, 15:55

the hold up was a nurse prac signed off the paper work and in November they put my file on hold until i got a doc to co sign. Which i did and sent back to them in early November and its been on hold since. I call once a week to check on it and they say the person that put it on hold has it on her desk and is hoping to get it back on track soon... got to love the system

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next