Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

+12
BinRat
Iceman
johnny211
Newf
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
1sea0shell33
Teentitan
bigrex
pinger
Vet1234
red510
16 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land) - Page 4 Empty Re: VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by Newf Sun 22 Jan 2017, 06:30

Steelgunner, I also submitted several claims in January of 2016.  The decision making for these three DA applications has been a Step 3 since late summer/early fall.  I have enquired on the My Vac account email about the delay (53 weeks now since original application) and I get a standard reply informing of the backlog.  I was told "to expect a decision in February or March".   With no firm date given by VAC, I believe they still do not know when the backlog will be cleared up otherwise they would have told me in XX number of weeks.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land) - Page 4 Empty Re: VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by Rustytheviking Sat 21 Jan 2017, 23:08

Sounds good. My cm gave me the round about when I mentioned their requirements for tpi on the website

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 21 Jan 2017, 23:05

did they tell you that??
They told me I wasnt eligible. I read the policy and I was.
Don't take VACs word for anything!!
I requested my TPI decision and informed them of the relevant policy and was awarded.
You probably are eligible... just need to let them know what piece of policy they need to work with.
Any issues, or trouble finding the info, ask on the forum or PM me and I'll steer you in the right direction.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sat 21 Jan 2017, 22:59

I got pia grade 3 as well. I won't be back at work, been out since 2011 and my docs say no for me working. But that's not good enough for tpi etc. It sure is a mess

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 21 Jan 2017, 22:49

so you got fcrb for 2 years Rusty, and no tpi, so no PIA/S?
I just got my TPI, PIA/S and VIP. but denied FCRB
what a mess VAC is
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sat 21 Jan 2017, 22:45

Mines a da decision with tpi ramifications if I get a favourable decision. They received all paperwork on sept 13. Here's hoping it's sorted sooner than later.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 21 Jan 2017, 22:29

DA. Disability Award decisions. There should be no real wait for a TPI decision. If you have all the doc reports, your CM can bring it to the panel in your local office to make the decision within a week.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 21 Jan 2017, 22:24

vet1234 are you talking about decisions on applications at the District Office level such as TPI?

Because best to my knowledge all decisions are made in PEI for all other applications. If true then all applications, including the Prairies, should be in the same time frame.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 21 Jan 2017, 19:40

Wait times?

Probably dependant upon locale? Simple demographics.
The Prairies come Ontario or when and where the newly trained vac hired staff are distributed?
Nunavut come Toronto

I know it's hard to do, but don't hold your breath for jack squat.
I used to, but suffered for anticipating... Get a plan B, C, AND a D...

It does depend on what your waiting for though don't it ?

What...An initial DA application, a re-assessment, a departmental review, vrab.

All kinds of approaches. But 16 weeks ? Forget that bullshyte ! ! !

Welcome to csat Rusty. Lotsa good info and folks here

Last edited by pinger on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 19:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lil typo)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sat 21 Jan 2017, 19:03

Nice. Too bad that wasn't the same story out here in the prairies

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 21 Jan 2017, 18:37

I'm in Ontario. I was told that they are starting DA decisions for which they received all the supporting documentation in September.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Thu 19 Jan 2017, 16:59

I checked on my claim today, and was told their starting claims from April 2016. I heard that back in November. Is that a convenient month to reference or are they really that far behind?

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2016, 20:13

X10. I agree.   The pain in a hopeful positive out come of an approved claim only to be shot down with a rejection letter a year late.

Can't really think of a better torture method then this.  Is water boarding more humane?

In jest, but you get my point.

Back to top Go down

Post by red510 Thu 17 Nov 2016, 19:56

Bringing the thread back on target, I spoke with an Inquiry Resolution Officer today about three DA claims that I submitted back in Jan and April 2016. They don't start counting time based on submitting the application but when "all necessary information is received". In my case, based on VAC math, my claims are now considered submitted as of April and May this year. That puts their timeline at 7 and 6 months of waiting. She also told me that as of today, VAC is processing DA claims "submitted" back in Feb 2016 or 9 months back. Hardly the mandated time line! This is simply not acceptable. And if a claim is rejected, as many are at first, then there will be another almost year long wait. Very frustrating and stressful.

red510
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2016-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 30 Sep 2016, 06:17

Yes Sir! On above comment.
Veterans have no colours.
Soldier first, trades men/women second.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next