Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disability Award Retro Letters

+18
BinRat
Ireland102
thunderbolt
metaller
atarijedi
Bluesky1943
prawnstar
czerv
Tilap61
Old Army Guy
Vet1234
TK
Taz
johnny211
Dannypaj
bosn181
bigrex
LostTrucker
22 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Disability Award Retro Letters - Page 6 Empty Re: Disability Award Retro Letters

Post by Taz Mon 03 Apr 2017, 06:41

Check your MyVAC online accounts. I just received my letter stating how much my DA top up is and that it will be deposited within 2 weeks.
Taz
Taz
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2017-03-06

Back to top Go down

Disability Award Retro Letters - Page 6 Empty Disability Award Retro Letters

Post by Guest Mon 03 Apr 2017, 06:06

Maybe for some, but nothing yet on My VAC Account.

Back to top Go down

Disability Award Retro Letters - Page 6 Empty Re: Disability Award Retro Letters

Post by Dannypaj Mon 03 Apr 2017, 05:54

LUMP-SUM amount letter is in Now in my VAC Account.

The Government of Canada appreciates and would like to thank you for your service

to your country. We recognize your pain and suffering as a result of that service, and

have done a lot of work to research and make changes to programs to ensure a truly

fair compensation consistent with national and international benchmarks.

Therefore, through Budget 2016 and consistent with the recommendations made by

the Veterans Ombudsman and the Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs, on April

1, 2017, an increase to the Disability Award and Death Benefit came into effect.

Anyone who previously received a Disability Award and/or Death Benefit between

April 1, 2006, and March 31, 2017, will also receive an additional payment to account

for this increase.

As a result, Veterans Affairs Canada wishes to inform you that you are eligible for an

additional payment.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 02 Apr 2017, 17:49

You can learn more about the Disability Award increase in the Department's News Release or by reviewing the FAQs.

Under Q7: I am a Canadian Armed Forces member/Veteran who has received a Disability Award and have not been contacted yet?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 02 Apr 2017, 16:25

Danny - hi comrade I hope all is well, and the battle continues. This statement about Apr 1, was that in your my vac account? Or a ? You asked them. I would think if someone has both mail and secure vac email, the letter will go there as well? Johnny Out,,VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 02 Apr 2017, 15:07

On April 1, 2017, we sent letters to everyone for whom we had current mailing and banking information to let them know they are eligible to receive the additional payment.

So, information is now in the mail? Maybe the amount of the lump sum payment as well?

As well, letters were sent to everyone who we had not been in touch with for more than two years to see if any updates were needed. It is possible that if we did not have your current mailing information, you did not receive a letter. Please confirm your address and banking information in My VAC Account or call 1-866-522-2122 (toll-free) Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, local time.

April 1st was on a Saturday, nice April fool's day joke as well.
VAC must of sent them on a Friday instead Question
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:04

if we go by what we have been told then we should know in a few weeks and most should see it in there accounts in a few weeks heres hoping it all goes smoothly but one things for sure this sites keeps good up to date info and you can be sure if anyone on here see's it or gets it they will sure put it the info up

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Wed 29 Mar 2017, 20:52

bigrex wrote:The letter will be mailed out on Apr 1st, but then they have to go through Canada Post, so it's hard for them to nail down a timeline. It should be also added to your VAC my Account, to be read electronically on or shortly after the 1st. They have said that the payments should be made by the third week of April, depending on all your addresses and banking information being correct. Personally, I think anyone getting ongoing payments from VAC, through direct deposits, either for a pension, or other NVC benefit, will likely see the payments right away, since they are the easiest to process.

But just like with the SISIP settlements, members will be letting the forums know when the money starts arriving, so they know to check their bank accounts or mail boxes.

Edit. After looking at the calender, expect everything to be shift to the right by two days, since Apr 1st is a Saturday, and we all know that the government won't do anything on a weekend.

Thank you very much....much appreciated
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 29 Mar 2017, 20:23

The letter will be mailed out on Apr 1st, but then they have to go through Canada Post, so it's hard for them to nail down a timeline. It should be also added to your VAC my Account, to be read electronically on or shortly after the 1st. They have said that the payments should be made by the third week of April, depending on all your addresses and banking information being correct. Personally, I think anyone getting ongoing payments from VAC, through direct deposits, either for a pension, or other NVC benefit, will likely see the payments right away, since they are the easiest to process.

But just like with the SISIP settlements, members will be letting the forums know when the money starts arriving, so they know to check their bank accounts or mail boxes.

Edit. After looking at the calender, expect everything to be shift to the right by two days, since Apr 1st is a Saturday, and we all know that the government won't do anything on a weekend.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Disability Award Retro Letters - Page 6 Empty Disability Award Retro Letters

Post by LostTrucker Wed 29 Mar 2017, 20:07

Has anyone gotten their letters regarding their retro yet?  I called the 800 number several times and got every answer possible......from mid march to no letters at all going out for most (except in complicated situations).  Heaven forbid they tell us when we will have the payment in our accounts.  Good think they hired all them extra people......more people with different answers.
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6