Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

+26
propat
SaintJohn18182
frustrated
xtraforus
Tilap61
Rifleman
Newfie
By the Bay
bog6
Nemo
Rustytheviking
pinger
Teager
bosn181
Armygunner
Cctchevy18
Mike77
Slaket
cosmo12
bigrex
Dannypaj
johnny211
Willie
Vet1234
czerv
30 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 14 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by cosmo12 Mon 29 May 2017, 10:48

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/2126
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/forms/document/318

Hi Artie, find references above about your question. Review is done for CIAS reference your DEC (diminished earning capacity) only once after the two year mark. Usually your case manager will send you the form in reference for your doctor or psychologist/psychiatrist to filled. CIA is for life or until such time you miraculously heal. Hope this help.

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 14 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Guest Mon 29 May 2017, 00:56

So VAC sent me a notice that they were reviewing my initial PTSD claim from a decade earlier. They sent a form to my Psychologist and I sat down with him and answered all the questions, he will then return it to them.
My question is this. I understand that if approved for CIA (which is a separate claim). You have to be reassessed every 2 years. Does anyone know what this reassessment looks like? Is there an on line form similar to the one I had to fill out for my PTSD? Or does it take the shape of a letter from the psychologist stating " met with patient, no improvement in their situation, mentally or physically"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 09 May 2017, 05:35

Dannypaj wrote:I haven't applied for the PIA(S) nor the Family Care Giver Allowance, although I qualified for the VIP and PIA, should I?

I fall under the PA/NVC, only receiving 1/5 of 16% = 3% under the PA and the rest is under the NVC (Talk about a headache).

Still haven't applied for these benefits.
Mental health is a S.O.B and VAC doesn't make it any easier.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 14 Empty Cia

Post by Cctchevy18 Wed 03 May 2017, 12:04

Just got an update today from vac, they are now processing new CIA applications from may 2016, which makes no sense cause I had one denied in October, now I have more approved diasibility awards that make CIA applicable to me,
But how does the standard start date for applications go backwards 8 months
These dates as much as vac normal stuff makes no sense.

Cctchevy18
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 03 May 2017, 11:43

It should be based on the day you become Permament Category while serving! and not TPI/DEC designation.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 May 2017, 10:30

Vet1234 wrote:25 years
So they will base my potential future earning as 9 years?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:32

I still think that it should be based on your age when you become TPI/DEC, not how many years you served. Because the way it is written, younger Veterans can get screwed over. Veteran A joins the CF at age 30, and serves 5 years before being medically released for a relatively mild disability, like a bad knee. That Veteran then goes onto a second career, but 20 years later, becomes TPI. So that Veteran would automatically get grade 1 CIA at age 55, based on losing more than 15 years of CF service, in spite of being able to work their entire adult life. Where as Veteran B joins the CF at age 20, and serves 11 years before being released with a severe disability, that prevents them from ever working again. but even though he is only 31, and unable to ever work again, he/she will only qualify for CIA grade 2. After all, CIA isn't about just compensating for losing your military career, it's about lost earnings capacity, which should include military and post military careers.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 29 Apr 2017, 07:55

25 years
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Apr 2017, 23:15

So I served 16 years before being medically released, if my claim is approved, does VAC assume I would have stayed in the military 20,25,30,35 years? where do they hypothetically draw the line in terms of years of service they feel I would have lost?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 28 Apr 2017, 21:48

DEC is reviewed after 2 years. To find out if you still have a diminished earning capacity.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike77 Fri 28 Apr 2017, 21:13

I have a question regarding the CIA/CIAS. I understand once you are approved at whatever level 1,2,3 , after a 2 year timeframe you will have to be reevaluated? I think I remember Bigrex or Bruce72 explain this but cant find Their posts? My questions is what does VAC want to know after 2 years? Another bunch of paperwork to fill out? Will I have to let my Doc know what to expect? Do they call him/her? Will this be the final batch of paperwork for me to fill out then I can relax? I'm thinking I'm going to get this request soon and just want to get as much info for my piece of mind.
Thanks in advance.
Mike.

Mike77
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Apr 2017, 17:49

I'm not surprised 6608, but I really thought VAC and the federal government would be more generous with the criteria.

As far as I'm concerned anyone receiving CIA has had their ability to earn money diminished. But, hey what do I know.

One thing I do know is that I'm tired of the merry-go-round.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 05 Apr 2017, 14:20

Bruce72, The criteria they are using for the CIA level upgrade is pretty clear on two points those with 20 years in regardless of being DEC (TPI) are not eligible and those who are not DEC (TPI) regardless of years served are not eligible so this only leaves a very select few CIA veterans eligible for the level upgrade.

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Apr 2017, 13:35

VAC! They're reading everything we post. I'm convinced of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 05 Apr 2017, 13:32

In total there are 41 users online 7 Registered (us), 1 Hidden (who knows) and 32 Guests (the curious and who else I wonder?)
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next