Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return too Life Time Pension this fall - Your View on it -

+3
prawnstar
Teentitan
johnny211
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Return too Life Time Pension this fall  - Your View on it -  Empty Re: Return too Life Time Pension this fall - Your View on it -

Post by Teentitan Sun 20 Aug 2017, 18:30

Oh I know the shit Perry took at the meetings...where do you think I learned that vets don't get along because they want to be the hero. It took awhile to shake the shit off my clothes too. LOL

Nothing better then watching the VAC sycophants suckling the booze off the free trip. Why do you think Hehr had a lot of civilians backing him up at the last few Stakeholder meetings?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Return too Life Time Pension this fall  - Your View on it -  Empty Re: Return too Life Time Pension this fall - Your View on it -

Post by Guest Sun 20 Aug 2017, 17:55

teentitan wrote:Trooper good luck in having vets check their ego's and unite.  They want the glorious title of "breaking VAC for veteran" to hoist up their flag poles.

Equitas if fighting for the first step "The Sacred Obligation".  The second is a tax free payment equal to provincial workers compensation plans.  That's why there was the increase in the lump sum they proved the feds were cutting vets short compared to provincial plans.  That was always the intent of the lawsuit equality to provincial plans.  Hell why not?  The feds have downloaded practically everything on the provinces health plans, drugs, living aids etc.

So the Liberals caved on the pay equity but they are staunch in their stance against the Sacred Obligation.  

So if the Libs plan for lifelong pensions is a complete shyte show then the veteran community needs to focus their attention on "this is why the Liberals are fighting veterans over the Sacred Obligation" and make sure all Canadians know it.

If JT wants Canadians to value Charter Rights, and an open door immigration policy then veterans need to ask why should injured veterans take a back seat in receiving their appreciation for their sacrifices?

Well isn't that the way it is today, I posted a Video on here with Perry trying to raise very important points at one of the Stakeholder Summits and what does he get from his peers? He is a shit disturber, your right, good luck with that because things are heading in the wrong direction and with the free trips, meals and publicity that are feeding some egos which results in the cause and main points being lost, not to mention badmouthing those who are trying to help. In fact there's been a slow down in those senior advocates in trying to lend a helping hand because the more they try to help, the more they are insulted from those very individuals their trying to help. So let them find out the hard way as they will certainly do when the lifelong pension promise is announced. They know what their doing? So let them go and wish them luck because their going to need it.

Regarding the sacred obligation, getting the government to acknowledge this by way of the courts is all good and find, but that in itself will not bring back the tax free pension. The Equitas will not bring back the tax free lifelong pension. People have to start realizing the facts that are layed out before them. There's other ways including legal avenues that can accomplish bringing the tax free lifelong pension back, the sacred obligation or the Equitas suits are not one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 20 Aug 2017, 17:21

Trooper good luck in having vets check their ego's and unite. They want the glorious title of "breaking VAC for veteran" to hoist up their flag poles.

Equitas if fighting for the first step "The Sacred Obligation". The second is a tax free payment equal to provincial workers compensation plans. That's why there was the increase in the lump sum they proved the feds were cutting vets short compared to provincial plans. That was always the intent of the lawsuit equality to provincial plans. Hell why not? The feds have downloaded practically everything on the provinces health plans, drugs, living aids etc.

So the Liberals caved on the pay equity but they are staunch in their stance against the Sacred Obligation.

So if the Libs plan for lifelong pensions is a complete shyte show then the veteran community needs to focus their attention on "this is why the Liberals are fighting veterans over the Sacred Obligation" and make sure all Canadians know it.

If JT wants Canadians to value Charter Rights, and an open door immigration policy then veterans need to ask why should injured veterans take a back seat in receiving their appreciation for their sacrifices?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Aug 2017, 16:55

Dannypaj wrote:Fitting,
Financial security and speaking the truth when dealing with Canada's Veterans!
Now even the VAC staff send mixed messages!
NVC!
Put everyone on the New Veterans Charter, including the PA guys and see how fast people move to have it reverted back!

Return too Life Time Pension this fall  - Your View on it -  Vacare10

There was a rumor floating around last year that the Liberals were going to roll everyone from the PA into the NVC.

Here's the problem with rolling those from the PA into the NVC, the Royal Canadian Legion will not stand for it, and the government knows this, that is what I was told from a reliable source.

This promise to reinstate lifelong pensions is not something that is being worked on, this in my opinion has been layed out within the bureaucrats from the beginning, they are just waiting for the proper time in their minds to release it. The day they announce this promise legislation, NVC Veterans are going to be outraged and the press is going to be all over this, Hehr and he's gang will be fully prepared for this with their clipboard of promises they have to date fulfilled. Veterans have to start leaving their egos behind and start listening to some of the senior advocates who understand what is going on and know what and how to proceed in handling this government. It starts with unity and the clear fact of understanding the need to change tactics. I see the opposite, and see no change in the way things are run or advocated. There needs to be a clear understanding that Equitas is not going to force the government to bring back the lifelong tax free pension, not to say that Equitas is not doing any good because they most certainly are, but to rely on them to bring back our tax free pension is a mistake that I think should be recognized. The Government of Canada has let disabled Veterans down to the point where it is obvious, and down right cruel. In my opinion as stated many times before, Veterans need to unite and change the way we fight our government because what has been taken place as far as our fight goes is just not working period. This lifelong pension announcement will be an insult to us all!

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Sun 20 Aug 2017, 11:24

Thanks Teen. BP now 140/90.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 20 Aug 2017, 10:59

You forgot one other group that falls under the PA pension plan in the event of an injury prawnstar.... Members of Parliament
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Sun 20 Aug 2017, 10:51

Us veterans out number the RCMP by the thousands. We have no voice because we don't have a CBA. Now there is justice for ya. They should get their own damn disability plan.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 20 Aug 2017, 10:38

The RCMP have a union prawnstar. Apparently when VAC went to the head of the RCMP union they didn't even bother putting it to a vote for the members. They flat out said no.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Sun 20 Aug 2017, 10:31

Why were the RCMP given pension for life? Collective agreement. They get the gold mine we get the shaft. I don't know how many of you have spent their lump sum already but I have. I got out in 95 before we started making real money. Low CFSA, low paying jobs in retirement accumulated debt. Pay some debt, buy a used truck and a camper. A mountie friend just got his settlement buys an 80k pick up and a 40k camper.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 20 Aug 2017, 08:04

For example:

Received this email on my vac account when I asked about CIA/PIA. Can't follow on my account because of a "clitch" 12 weeks is up. Amazing how I should be happy that they are only a little behind there work.

Dear Corporal (ret'd) S,

Thank you for using MyVAC and our secure messaging service.

At this time your CIA and CIA Supplement applications are still
listed as in progress. They are a little behind on completing
applications for this benefit, but happily, no where near as
behind as for disability applications. Please keep in touch and
we'll keep you up-to-date on it's status.

If you have any further comments or questions please feel free
to contact us via secure messaging or our contact centre at 1-866-522-2122.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 20 Aug 2017, 07:56

Fitting,
Financial security and speaking the truth when dealing with Canada's Veterans!
Now even the VAC staff send mixed messages!
NVC!
Put everyone on the New Veterans Charter, including the PA guys and see how fast people move to have it reverted back!

Return too Life Time Pension this fall  - Your View on it -  Vacare10
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Aug 2017, 18:46

I think the important thing to consider in answering this question is who is actually going to arrange, and write up the legislation for this particular promise? The answer is the bureaucrats, the bureaucrats are running the whole show regarding all of these promises, the same dam individuals who wrote the NVC, the same individuals who are experts at making things look much better than they actually are, and the same individuals who have only one goal, and that's to write things up to secure themselves. Yes I'm sounding negative, but I'm negative because I have been watching the whole system of the Veterans file closely, and I'm looking at a system that plays on the minds of disabled Canadian Veterans. They come out with all sorts of implementations, gap fixing, numbers and colored graphs but it does not fair compared to the system pre 2006. Think about this for one minute, the old system once you reached your 100% and your allowances, you were pretty well done with VAC. OK so your done, you and your family are now secured for life which lifts the major burden moving forward and gives the Veteran more time to concentrate on their disabilities, that's all good for the Veteran, but what about the individuals like the bureaucrats who are now losing work loads and are afraid of their own secured futures not to mention bonuses and pensions? You see what I'm getting at here? Make no mistake, anyone who takes away a system and replaces it with an inferior system is no friend to the Canadian disabled Veterans, any government who allows this to take place is no friend to the Canadian disabled Veterans. With that said, I can write here today with certainty that what will be announced on this particular promise of lifelong pensions, will not be worth the paper it's written on, and don't even think about anything that is compared to the old tax free lifelong pension because there's not a chance in hell the bureaucrats will jeopardize their own security, and you can forget about Hehr for any input one way or the other, as he has absolutely no clue surrounding what the bureaucrats are writing, he just signs off on the legislation and he has fulfill he's mandate passed down to him by JT, the pension can be $50.00 a Month for life, and he has fulfill he's duty as Minister.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 19 Aug 2017, 17:40

I don't see how any return to the "life time pension" could impact older PA folks.
That ain't gonna happen...

But I am VERY watchful how the GoC will frack up their promised life time pension going forward in support of NVC..

EQUALITY IS REQUIRED between PA and NVC.  Plain and simple...
Call it whatever you want.

pinger
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Sat 19 Aug 2017, 13:51

they always seem to make things sound good and look good until it comes out then we get to see what we lost going forward and how it impacts and hurts more than it helps example the pia and supplement there people that have it but under the new cia they would not qualify be real interesting to see what if anything they will do and we will see once the smoke and mirrors clear

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Sat 19 Aug 2017, 13:45

I really don't think Ottawa is planning on returning the old tax free pension to the NCV Veterans. I truly think it will be an option to take the lump sum in monthly payments. I believe that the CIA/ CIAS was revised to sweeten the pot so the "Fiberal" actions will be favorable to the public for next election!
It just seems that after the Fiberals lawyers' statement pertaining to the Equitas Class Action lawsuit that the government 'had no obligation to take care of  the Veterans', the Fiberal no longer care to keep their main election promises to Veterans and their families.
It should be all Veterans treated equally under one lifetime pension!
Cheers,
By the Bay

Last edited by By the Bay on Sat 19 Aug 2017, 13:53; edited 1 time in total
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next