Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

+4
Zodiac
Unknown Soldier
Tireddad
daverobitaille@rogers.com
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? Empty Re: Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 27 Jan 2020, 14:18

Six-Actual wrote:
Teentitan wrote:Been following this thread for a few days now and I believe this a "learning moment" for ALL CSAT Members

Tireddad is correct...this forum is 99% military/veteran and 1% RCMP, which Tireddad is, obviously,  a disabled RCMP veteran.

The RCMP do not fall under the PFL or NVC.  They are still under the Pension Act.  Back in 2006 when the NVC replaced the PA the RCMP decided not to participate in the NVC and stayed with the PA.  If you are asking why are the RCMP still under the PA it is because the RCMP are unionized and they voted NOT to change to the NVC.  

So hopefully going forward when someone posts a question that seems suspicious ask the person are they military or RCMP?  If this question was asked 3 pages ago everyone would have understood tireddad's question and throwing shade at each other would not have happened.

And tiredad could have just as easily said, hey I'm an ex cop.

even if he had would you have believed him, better yet told him to go have intercourse with himself, lol
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”? Empty Re: Question - My PTSD Status Changed to “Complete”?

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jan 2020, 13:21

Six-Actual wrote:
Teentitan wrote:Been following this thread for a few days now and I believe this a "learning moment" for ALL CSAT Members

Tireddad is correct...this forum is 99% military/veteran and 1% RCMP, which Tireddad is, obviously,  a disabled RCMP veteran.

The RCMP do not fall under the PFL or NVC.  They are still under the Pension Act.  Back in 2006 when the NVC replaced the PA the RCMP decided not to participate in the NVC and stayed with the PA.  If you are asking why are the RCMP still under the PA it is because the RCMP are unionized and they voted NOT to change to the NVC.  

So hopefully going forward when someone posts a question that seems suspicious ask the person are they military or RCMP?  If this question was asked 3 pages ago everyone would have understood tireddad's question and throwing shade at each other would not have happened.

Yes he could have.

But not everyone knows the ins and outs of benefits, the acronyms, and application qualifications for benefits.. Also a lot of veterans and retired RCMP members don't even understand which "pension" they fall under. This is the result of having 3 pension systems for veterans but only 1 for the RCMP and this is what is causing a lot of arguments on a lot of veteran forums.

It is hard to understand all the rules and it takes probably 2/3 years for a veteran to understand which pension plan they fall under, the benefits for each plan and most importantly the lack of communication from VAC for learning their benefit qualifications and what they can apply for.

We have to learn patience when dealing with questions and situations, like this one, because there is so much for injured veterans to understand. Especially us veterans with mental health problems. "Patience" is one of the first things we lose when we get thrown out the world we understood (military and RCMP) into one of the most bureaucratic systems in Canada...Veterans Affairs.

Like I said this is a learning moment for all of us. What branch of service we came from, what pension plan we fall under. So let's try to be patient with situations like this going forward and ask some simple questions to help understand the question being posted.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2020, 12:37

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jan 2020, 12:22

Been following this thread for a few days now and I believe this a "learning moment" for ALL CSAT Members

Tireddad is correct...this forum is 99% military/veteran and 1% RCMP, which Tireddad is, obviously, a disabled RCMP veteran.

The RCMP do not fall under the PFL or NVC. They are still under the Pension Act. Back in 2006 when the NVC replaced the PA the RCMP decided not to participate in the NVC and stayed with the PA. If you are asking why are the RCMP still under the PA it is because the RCMP are unionized and they voted NOT to change to the NVC.

So hopefully going forward when someone posts a question that seems suspicious ask the person are they military or RCMP? If this question was asked 3 pages ago everyone would have understood tireddad's question and throwing shade at each other would not have happened.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2020, 12:16

I said if you're collecting benefits you're not entitled to it would constitute fraud. I didn't say you were actively defrauding VAC.

You don't behave or speak like a typical police officer. So you'll have to forgive your doubters.

My landlord is an ex cop with 27 years on the job and some of my friends are currently serving in the RCMP. None of them behave like you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Mon 27 Jan 2020, 12:07

Six-Actual wrote:
Tireddad wrote:
Six-Actual wrote:I still think you're playing some kind of game.

Okay.  Some people just need some kind of conspiracy I guess.

Your guess is incorrect.

You can say what you want, but if you read all your comments it's plainly obvious you were either playing stupid or you were just trying to stir up shit.

Whatever you want to think. It’s a sort of free country. But, the worst I said was that someone was acting like an idiot (ohhhh) ... but I was attacked, swore at many times, called a liar many times, told I was fruadster, etc. Then, when it finally clicked with me what the issue is this morning & that our claim processes must be slightly different ... you still attack me.

Have a good day, but I will not respond to your comments anymore.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2019-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:58

Tireddad wrote:

Okay.  Some people just need some kind of conspiracy I guess.

Your guess is incorrect.

You can say what you want, but if you read all your comments it's plainly obvious you were either playing stupid or you were just trying to stir up shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:57

Six-Actual wrote:And this site is dedicated to serving veterans, RCMP and serving members.

If that’s accurate, then I should be good to stay

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:55

And this site is dedicated to serving veterans, RCMP and serving members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:55

Okay. Some people just need some kind of conspiracy I guess.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:49

I still think you're playing some kind of game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tireddad Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:43

I figured out what the issue is. First. No I am not lying & no I am not defrauding VAC as has been suggested.

However, I joined this forum to get basic information on VAC benefits. Not realizing at the time that this site only dealt with military claims. I thought it was both military & police. Apparently i was mistaken. So, I guess my claim process is slightly different.

I will contact the admins later today and advise I’m a police officer & leave it up to them if I stay or get removed.

Tireddad
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:18

Also, for each month that benefits are collected in error it would create an overpayment. And that money would have to be paid back to VAC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:09

And for the sake of argument. Even if tiredad's claim was adjudicated under the Pension Act, it would have been done in error.

Which means if he knowingly collects benefits he isn't entitled to, it would constitute fraud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2020, 10:21

[quote="By the Bay"]Maybe Tireddad is being truthful regarding his application date and a VAC adjudicator made the mistake by applying his award towards the wrong pension system.

It wouldn't be the first time VAC screwed up!

Cheers,

With a new claim only originating in 2018? Not possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next