Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Update to all on my SISIP LTD Class Action WIN! took awhile lol

+4
bosn181
acerman1234
RCN-Retired
Rags
8 posters

Go down

Personal Update to all on my SISIP LTD Class Action WIN! took awhile lol   Empty Re: Personal Update to all on my SISIP LTD Class Action WIN! took awhile lol

Post by Newf Thu 04 Jan 2018, 15:57

Dannypaj,
We have so many suffering in silence. My father is not a Vet but at 84 yrs of age, he is a crusty, stubborn and VERY independant person who seldom allows other people to help him

Perhaps your father has some buddies who are Vets who can speak to him about all the GOOD things that VAC services provides to Veterans or even sit with him with a VAC employee as support. Maybe the Legion, VTN or another Veteran military organization could reach out to him.

All the best
Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Personal Update to all on my SISIP LTD Class Action WIN! took awhile lol   Empty Re: Personal Update to all on my SISIP LTD Class Action WIN! took awhile lol

Post by peep Thu 04 Jan 2018, 09:24

Great! Soldier on!
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 19:24

Good for you buddy, I remember you saying your experience with the insurance rep was as pleasant as mine. Hope you got a lot of payback for the way you were treated. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 29 Nov 2017, 19:15

Wildthing wrote:Rags long time no coms, did you use McGinnis pooper? Or go with your own personal injury lawyer?

Hey Wildthing it was through the firm MC as part of the appeal to the adjudicator in Ottawa. It just took a long time part my fault part others. in 2015 16 lots of members here were getting there adjudication results im in that same group just last one i think.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Nov 2017, 09:50

He has to initiate contact with veteran's affairs danny do his basic medical information from his personal doctor without that its a loss cause. Maybe he's already burnt-out to bad in which case pursuing it could make matters worse. How are you hanging in buddy? Post is threw email can't seem to log in? As for cia your young and eelb helps, they knew my injuries were extensive and there was no hope me gaining employment or playing their game, I would do without first! My comment was for those who can't fight anymore 100% or more and just want to be left alone. My response was written on a jagged piece of paper ( there is no award worth anymore of this abuse) to me there wasn't...

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 25 Nov 2017, 07:28

Here I still wait for an answer on the CIA (s).
But on another note:
My father to this day will not request help from VAC...
The SGT. Maj. is in denial that he even has PTSD (self medicates).

So, what does one do to help out his father?

He tells me some of what he has lived through and it is clear to me why he  drinks.
Veterans Affairs Canada won't reach out to him... And he will not reach out to them.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Nov 2017, 06:25

Over 100% all benefits in place! Doesn't mean I'm going to stop fighting for others to have a faster easier path. Would like to see propat back on the forum. Those sitting back need to be active for other's, debate not quelling is the answer and there were many previous members exceptional at it
NOTE I did not play the game refused to do the paperwork medical report's had enough, eelb, cia, cia/sup all went threw never touched pen to paper.
I'm not saying do this I may have been the exception or cm was just a fighter but I was burnt out and not playing anymore game's. Need to get the game's out of vac were not politicians!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Nov 2017, 05:57

Rags long time no coms, did you use McGinnis pooper? Or go with your own personal injury lawyer?

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 24 Nov 2017, 16:17

Congratulations Rags!
That's wonderful!
Winning an appeal is a big win for everyone! Your appeal case has set a precedents for future LTD class action settlement appeals! If others have a similar case, the adjudicator will have new references and rules to use when deciding future appeals cases!
This is something to be very proud of!!!

Great job!
Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 23 Nov 2017, 13:42

congrats as well i am not sure on all the details but will try to look it up and find out about your story maybe it is on one of the other posts on the forums but i am glad that your glad hopefully this will help you in your road to recovery and give you a little peace of mind going forward

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Wed 22 Nov 2017, 19:24

Congrats.......I stated to the staff of this class action that their version that we WON just included the Lawyers and plaintiff as No on else received their rightful damages. I explained we as a majority was just sold out and compromised.
Hopefully all interest was paid to you at this point as its sure as he** the lawyers got their cut....... blood suckers.

again Congrats

acerman1234
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sat 18 Nov 2017, 00:47

Agree with you Rags and glad things worked out for you.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Personal Update to all on my SISIP LTD Class Action WIN! took awhile lol   Empty Personal Update to all on my SISIP LTD Class Action WIN! took awhile lol

Post by Rags Thu 16 Nov 2017, 18:40

Hi all,

Been awhile since I have graced these pages. Thought Id share with you all some good news, today i was advised i won my appeal to the adjudicator on the SISIP class action. I think I was the last one being waited on and well past the deadline. Thank you to several here who gave me good constructive ideas and assistance in navigating the appeal.

Obviously im very happy with the result but still a little disappointed we did not take this class action farther when we had the chance and caved into the fear mongering and greed of some less wounded or injured troops who just wanted to 2 year payoff.

Thanks to CSAT for being there as a place to gather and exchange ideas and information even with those we disagree with.

Thanks

Rags.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down