Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER ACTION REPORT SISIP CLASS ACTION

+5
Recon031
Wife of a Veteran
dzanzio
peep
Sapper Zodiak
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

AFTER ACTION REPORT SISIP CLASS ACTION Empty Re: AFTER ACTION REPORT SISIP CLASS ACTION

Post by HAPPYCRAZY Mon 12 Aug 2013, 07:54

WOV GLAD to here you're coming back to ns Smile Its the best place in the world ,  I would have it no other way.  . Hope all gos well with you ,and mybe I'll get the browny recipe of ya. my better half love brownys.Very Happy
HAPPYCRAZY
HAPPYCRAZY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

AFTER ACTION REPORT SISIP CLASS ACTION Empty Re: AFTER ACTION REPORT SISIP CLASS ACTION

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 13:51

Thank you to everybody on here for helping others make things right. Not easy when you feel so alone but I wish I would of found this site many years ago.
You all have big hearts and I admire that.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 13:47

When he passed, I ask for help with funeral and burial and was told there was none. This money will pay for a monument. I had nothing and all I ask for was a decent burial for him and I didn't get it. Could not expose him for prayers, no mass except for some gravesite prayers with a pastor. I had nowhere to turn too after SISIP/Manulife refuse to help me. I had to settle for a small urn for his ashes and my daughter carries it in her purse because of a fear of loosing him. No Vets in attendance and only a small portion of family members.
I will make my way to NS when all is said and done but I must admit.......i'm scared to do it alone.
Sorry if i'm venting but this is the first time in six years that I tell all. It feels a little better now.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Sun 11 Aug 2013, 12:35

Sorry WOV that you had yet another issue dealing with the way your loved one was laid to rest, let alone dealing with what and when you will recieve what is owed is total bull S--T, THE Compassion only seems to come when it is in full public view and it fits what ever party is in power and used to there advantage on our backs like we are some tool they can take out of the tool crib when it is convenient. So like the issue you brought up with respect to how your loved one was laid to rest, I posted a while back My intentions for my good friend so his Family will not have to go through the end less paper work and buracracy of see if what and when if they qualify only to be told sorry you made to much bull S--T, ONCE a Vet allways Vet so regardless how when or why a loved has passed should never ever ever become an issue, but it allways comes down to fn money, sad and not about the Vet, so when your Husband served he served with pride no holds barrd for country not himself, where as our elected mps start off with good intentions and say what they have to say to get elected and once there goal is obtained its like they turn on a switch and loose all sense of what they are there for to serve our country and not self serve, I better add that there are some good ones as not to paint all with the same brush, there just not enough of them. So the reason for this long winded extention Wov Like I posted I recieved my funds and it did not change myself one bit, but it allows me to full fill a promise I made to myself, that my good friend my brother final expenses will be paid and this is the first thing to be done with my refund and have the blessing of my wife and kidds and to me is amazing not one asked for anything. So this AAR is so important to us all, like RR,Recon, teen, bigrex,sparrow, and so many more have stated, we will write with out feeling opressed anymore and the stories will come from Certified Vets and not joe blow who thinks he know us. Any way csat thanks for allowing me to have some air time. RUCKSACK031 over but never out
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 11 Aug 2013, 12:04

God bless

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 11:55

I have been to 51 funerals in the last 9 years 11 of those have been suicides and I cried just as hard for my brothers that marched down a road that many have seen but never ventured any further than a look. God bless all veterans and their families.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 10:46

The sad part also about all this ordeal with SISIP/Manulife is that the problems with them don't end when the Vet passes away.
They have no compassion when the grieving starts, at all. I blame them for the way he was laid to rest after serving his country for 25 years. It doesn't matter how one died......he was still a Vet.
I guarantee that what we went through would not look good on the GoC.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 11 Aug 2013, 10:35

He'll yes and I will get the money that was stolen from sooner or later but I still will not leave saying nothing I have served my country for over 20 years in those 20 years nobody shit on me or any of my troops and nobody is going to start now this will not be over until every last vet has been paid and the true story is told about this whole cruel process has done to all vets

Pro Patria

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 10:24

Please Inform all those that cut and paste our sordid lives from these very pages and retell them on LNVB or on the personal FACEBOOK pages of other veterans the real stories are here free from bullies and huge shouldered people that suffer from "little man syndrome".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 10:19

I agree my Royal brother, the fact that this whole SISIP Class Action Suit was initially for me about an OBJECTIVE that denied me financial closure it became much more when I witnessed the onslaught of disdain and classless deportment of veterans against veterans. I also felt that my 20 year career meant nothing to those representing all veterans all the while the offer to hand out monies would replace a history between man and soil. I am not electing myself PATRIOT in any sense but you can have my monies all you thieving bastards but you cannot steal my pride and dedication to my country or fellow warrior. This legacy will be told by every veteran not just me and it will rewrite the history books but it will not be just about MANUGE Vs Her Royal Majesty the Queen, hell no this country will finally here our stories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 09:54

Hi everybody
Rifleman......I agree with you. I have been reading messages on leave no vet behind and it's heart breaking.
Last week I read a message that made me cry. I sent him a small message to try and make a small difference in his ordeal and told him that his wait was nearly over and that his fur babies needed him. He talked about life not being worth it and that he had nothing to live for anymore but I had remember seeing a post of him previously about having animals. He is being hounded by creditors and he says he has no hopes anymore. It brought back memories that are dear to me and I wish I could of reach out through this screen and talk to him. I wanted so bad to help him but every time some of us write some things on there we get attack. I just wish he would reach out as I understand his pain.
Something needs to be done. It broke my heart badly.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 11 Aug 2013, 07:25

As I sit here jigging for pickeral I just read your post RR good to see you are still hard at it you continue to put really good post for all fellow vets to read and you also try to help all and I really like what you have on your mind for the continued fight for vets to be heard I have thought all along the process of this system for vets to get paid money that was taken from has been bullshit.all it takes is for the people in charge of this process is read some posts on leave no vet behind some comments made there are truly heartbreaking what a lot of vets are going through this all has to stop the sooner the better

Pro Patria

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 06:13

Reference The AAR
It is my belief that CSAT members and its visitors should be allowed to openly post and view their responses in this thread. I actually tried to rationalize between the two options and every time I did I was pulled back to the GAG ORDER and personally I do not enjoy BLACKOUT DRIVE. CSAT has allowed this community to grow as a place to converse and assist veterans and their families. We have nothing to hide and what will be forwarded are factual observations not finger pointing. We are all professional soldiers that are now veterans, lets give our name credence with logical and real thought out material that will benefit the legal community and the people it represents. This AAR will not bring us riches but it bring closure to what many of us feel has been a sham, well now we prove it.

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYCRAZY Sat 10 Aug 2013, 13:37

BRAVO ZULU I CONCUR!Very Happy 
HAPPYCRAZY
HAPPYCRAZY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 13:18

How about a meeting in a public building with internet hookup live feed so those who cant be their can take part on line and it is open to all who can and will benifit from info on how veterans were treated before, during and after the SISIP class action case that way we are not acting like our counterparts and locking people out.

Just my thoughts. Hope I am not of base.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next