Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is your PERS file held with VAC indefinitly?

Go down

Is your PERS file held with VAC indefinitly? Empty Re: Is your PERS file held with VAC indefinitly?

Post by Nemo Tue 20 Mar 2018, 21:32

And my father's files contained PER's, charge reports...medical files....release info.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Is your PERS file held with VAC indefinitly? Empty Re: Is your PERS file held with VAC indefinitly?

Post by Nemo Tue 20 Mar 2018, 21:31

Yes, VAC can still access all your documents. They are never destroyed. For instance, I just got my father's RCAF records dating from the 1950's to his release in 1965. All digital now so I got them on a CD in PDF format.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2018, 13:58

no, I just mean is all the information still there for VAC to use/see regardless of the format, like I know they have Dr assesments of me from after I got out because all reports went to them, but what about documents from recruit basic, pers file versus medical file etc., they stil have access to all that from 30 years ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Tue 20 Mar 2018, 12:10

No your Pers file goes into national archives. These days, the will digitize the records so I suspect many files may be ultimately shredded but they will be available in digital form which can still be printed out.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Is your PERS file held with VAC indefinitly? Empty Is your PERS file held with VAC indefinitly?

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2018, 11:41

When I got out over a decade ago, I was given a copy of my PERS file, I also set away to get portions that were not included in it. It is the basis I used to file a VAC claim 10 years ago, however I began to wonder in looking over my file, does VAC have access to all the documents I`m seeing. How long is your PERS file held in Ottawa after you get out? Forever, or is it eventually shredded?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down