Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL

+17
bulldozer
BinRat
Rifleman
bosn181
Iceman
propat
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Vet1234
czerv
Teager
Sailor63
Tango-33
exarmyguy
Armygunner
bigrex
Ireland102
21 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

PFL  - Page 6 Empty Re: PFL

Post by Supremedebater Thu 13 Dec 2018, 21:54

Answer me this, is it fair to give veterans a lump sum, if they choose that option before...to stop giving it to those vets going forward but not giving it after April 1 2019 unless a new claim is submitted. That’s nuts. I know for a fact that if I even make it to 60 I will be happy....forget about 84 people. 3/4 of you all will not reach 80. Not when we’re messed up like we are, vac know this too. Azzholes

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Thu 13 Dec 2018, 21:51

All I’m saying is any Veternas that think they’re getting a lot of money will be very disappointed. There is no further lump sum if you’ve received one already unless a new claim is put in. The reason they’re backdating to 2006 is because it’s the lump sum being divided up monthly. Smoke and mirrors. The head financial guru at vac already said it, they’re not expecting a influx of funds needed when the pfl comes out....why? Because it’s not a flipping pension....it’s your amount divided up over the years....which is already what they’re doing presently. You already have that option people.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 13 Dec 2018, 21:45

make sure when you talking to vac you ask what will happen with regards to the awards you already got and if you will be able to take any new payment on those as a lump sum see if you get same answer as me. i have had a few friends also call in to see if they got the same answer and they did. i hope it will change but i not getting my hopes up.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Thu 13 Dec 2018, 21:42

Teager wrote:Supreme if you put a new claim in April 1 you get the choice of lump sum or monthly.

Yes that is true

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 13 Dec 2018, 21:42

i did read your ?'s and that's why i asked vac more ?'s about this matter. according to them i can get the lump on new awards i get on or after 1 April. i asked what about the 95% worth of lump sums i already got, if i qualify for more income on the 95% i already got then i will only be allowed to get this as a monthly.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Thu 13 Dec 2018, 21:41

Supreme if you put a new claim in April 1 you get the choice of lump sum or monthly.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Thu 13 Dec 2018, 21:39

But Binrat there's another question there that says if your a veteran who already received a lump sum then calculations will be done to see if your entitled to a MONTHLY amount. Then it proceeds to what you have above which in my view is VAC poorly separating those that already have a lump sum versus those that are putting a new claim in.

There examples also specifically state you will only get a monthly amount.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Thu 13 Dec 2018, 21:37

They speak of the lump sum....after April 1 2019....it’s not for existing Veterans to be allowed to get a further lump sum. Regardless, they can shove $100-$200 extra a month till they can come up with a descent amount that reflects the sacrifice that Veterans have given this country.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Thu 13 Dec 2018, 21:32

bosn181 wrote:had a chat with vac and asked direct ?'s with the lump sum and was informed that if you have already got lump sum and you qualify for a new money in April you will only be able to have it as a monthly payment.  If you get a new award condition once it takes affect in April you will be able to get that money as the new lump sum.  For me sitting at 95% come April i can only qualify for a monthly payment with the last 5% if i get awarded option for a lump sum.  They also said that regards to my elb going up the 1% a year should also be happening.  so many vac peeps give you different answers each time you call will find out all the bs come April.

Well I commented about this on another Forum Post https://csat.forumotion.com/t4732p45-pension-for-life-reply-from-vac And it Looks Like VAC should get thier Shit together and get everyone on the same page.
From what I posted, and from what the Question and Answers say which is IN WRITING well for now say's...

Q. If you choose the monthly payment option, But want to take the money as a LUMP SUM
At a Later Date, Are you Able??

A. Yes. You can choose to cash out the benefit and receive the balance owing, which is the difference between the monthly amount already paid and the applicable lump sum amount.

Q. Are Older Veterans Disadvantaged By the creation of the New Pain And Suffering Compensation.??

A. No. Veterans are able to choose if they would like to receive the Pain and Suffering Compensation as a monthly payment or lump sum, whichever option works best for them. To help with this choice, Veterans Affairs Canada will pay up to $500 for Veterans to access financial counseling or advice services from a provider of their choice.

And this is From VAC's own Website..
Well According to this page and FAQ I found this.. Well Questions and Answers..

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life

Scroll to Bottom to Questions and Answers, Click on Category, and select Pain And Suffering Compensation

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Thu 13 Dec 2018, 19:56

And only 60% of veterans will receive the little bit of money. Just have a good Christmas and forget about all this crap. Life's too short people.

Supreme

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Thu 13 Dec 2018, 19:42

"The highest possible lump sum payment of the PSC would be the same as the maximum Disability Award payment on the day before coming into force".
This to me is unfair and unjust and just simply put...numbers are wrong and not fair and subject to another lawsuit.
1. They cannot give then take the lump sum back, if you were entitled before, you'll be entitled now, it makes no difference. You got a Lsa prior, it makes no difference going forward in my eyes.
2. It makes no sense as to how they can figure the max amount Lsa is equivalent to a monthly amount for life (84).
How Do they think max award for lsa is equivalent to taking it monthly. Are they dumb? they're admitting that they're taking the lump sum and splitting it up over a lifetime, but the thing is, anyone that got the lump will lose out because they're a) losing out over a lifetime because they got the lump before b) if one were to look at why they max the monthly out at $1150....over 35 years....that is very very close to the max lump sum one would get. So they can try and pull the wool over your eyes but they won't me, they can shuffle the cards however they like, but they prove it by taking any veterans previous lump sum go back in time and deduct it.

PEOPLE, IF YOU EXPECT A WINDFALL OF MONEY YOU ARE GOING TO BE VERY DISAPPOINTED. VEterans from 2006 to April 2019 are going to get screwed. Veterans can apply for new conditions, get a lump sum, collect under the pension act still (monthly) and still get further monthly also monthly or take the lump sum still.

Sorry but the PFL is a wash, and they're just now figuring that out. $132,000,000 in funds not spent by the liberals. They do not want to make things better for us, Trudeau and his government use vac and veterans to hide money then use that money when they need it somewhere else. Don't believe me....it doesn't matter. But soon people, you will find out your getting $100-$200 a month, no further lump sum either. It's all bullsh*t

Sorry,
Supreme out

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 17:43

Teager wrote:I have the original documents and I'm not seeing any changes nor was there any mention of a lump sum in the old ones.

Okay good to know. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Thu 13 Dec 2018, 17:10

I have the original documents and I'm not seeing any changes nor was there any mention of a lump sum in the old ones.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 16:41

The link is now back up.   Did anyone save the PDF file on those examples or do a screen shot?  I would like to compare to see if any changes where made.

I thought I saw in the example that a NVC Vet could cash in his monthly for a lump  sum before.  Now it does not say that any more, only a monthly cheque if you qualify for one.  Basically they are hoping that we all die early so it saves them money.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 13 Dec 2018, 14:59

had a chat with vac and asked direct ?'s with the lump sum and was informed that if you have already got lump sum and you qualify for a new money in April you will only be able to have it as a monthly payment.  If you get a new award condition once it takes affect in April you will be able to get that money as the new lump sum.  For me sitting at 95% come April i can only qualify for a monthly payment with the last 5% if i get awarded option for a lump sum.  They also said that regards to my elb going up the 1% a year should also be happening.  so many vac peeps give you different answers each time you call will find out all the bs come April.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum