Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL

+17
bulldozer
BinRat
Rifleman
bosn181
Iceman
propat
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Vet1234
czerv
Teager
Sailor63
Tango-33
exarmyguy
Armygunner
bigrex
Ireland102
21 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

PFL  - Page 7 Empty Re: PFL

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2018, 19:13

BinRat wrote:Are you referring to that Power Point show they had that one time?

The example on PFL that says already received a lump sum award.  

Examples:  20% 40% 100%.  They r gone now.

They are either:
1. Rethinking the examples and maybe readjustment because of elections upcoming  and know  that a pissed off veteran is not good for them.

Or

2.  Their math is totally off.  When I viewed those examples I had a hard time at the end seeing how they got to the end result.  Their math at the start was sound, but then finally figures they don’t show their formula in attaining the final number.

Basically they are fighting a losing cause, they are going to try to make things right but can’t with these new systems.  It would have been far cheaper to just stay with the PA system.  But politicians and bureaucrats think they no better with lies.  They have been caught lying and now they are in deep in the rabbit hole with their arms up to their elbows in Seamus shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 11 Dec 2018, 19:03

Are you referring to that Power Point show they had that one time?

Okay sorry cancel that I see where you are talking about the 20/40/60% award received part..

I'll search see what I find, it's out there somewhere

Last edited by BinRat on Tue 11 Dec 2018, 19:19; edited 1 time in total

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2018, 18:56

bigrex wrote:See, what will likely happen is, IF NVC vets are given the option of taking an additional lump sum, it will most likely be the balance between has been paid, and the current lump sum award. Not the total amount that would be paid, over their expected lifespan. So someone who received $250+ in 2006, and then another $40000, from the top up, may be able to take the monthly amount, or the roughly $70000, to bring them up to the current $360000+ award.

And only adding to the confusion and frustration, VAC has removed all three examples of what would happen, if you have already received disability award, from the PFL web page. So unless they are rethinking how we are going to be treated, once they started doing all the calculations, they likely saw just how much they are going to screw us over, and want to keep us in the dark, as long as possible.

Bigrex your right, just checked the web site. http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life

They have taken those examples down. What are those mother fuckers up too?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 11 Dec 2018, 18:26

See, what will likely happen is, IF NVC vets are given the option of taking an additional lump sum, it will most likely be the balance between has been paid, and the current lump sum award. Not the total amount that would be paid, over their expected lifespan. So someone who received $250+ in 2006, and then another $40000, from the top up, may be able to take the monthly amount, or the roughly $70000, to bring them up to the current $360000+ award.

And only adding to the confusion and frustration, VAC has removed all three examples of what would happen, if you have already received disability award, from the PFL web page. So unless they are rethinking how we are going to be treated, once they started doing all the calculations, they likely saw just how much they are going to screw us over, and want to keep us in the dark, as long as possible.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Tue 11 Dec 2018, 18:01

artie no and why would they . a PA guy could receive his monthly payments witch would add up to his buyout in a few years and continue to recive it for the rest of his life potentially adding up to millions . unless you know you will be dead in two years you would be nuts to do such a thing .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2018, 17:53

Teager wrote:Seems to be a common issue that they give different answers no matter the topic. Well they say notification s are to be going out starting January (hopefully) and we can see what the heck is going on then.
as long as they push out misinformation they can cause in fighting amongst vets which is their goal I guess, this is another stupid question from me, but if a vet was under the PA he is getting a monthly sum, with all these new changes, could a vet under the “ old system” ask for a lump sum at this point, assuming the monthly payments they’ve already received didn’t already add up to $360000.?

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Tue 11 Dec 2018, 17:51

ya bigrex I allways include them not just for the fact that vets do have children for a limited time but for the fact that some have many children im talking 5 or more . also due to the fact that some vets become disabled young and have children covered for an extended period of time say afghan vets for instance . some covered by PA most covered by NVC . one of the discrepancies in the two plans is the child amount on a sliding scale obviously and must be addressed so I use the child amount .

I don't go crazy and use the vet discrepancy of a PA and NVC afghan vets on the same tour and throw in 5-6 kids in my equation I just use the standard wife two kids thing you can use what you will but you should use the child amount even for one child because this must be addressed .

as I have always said all the rest of the benefits are the the same or roughly equal.

the main difference between the two is the pain and suffering benefit .

$4000.00 to $1150.00

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Tue 11 Dec 2018, 16:46

Seems to be a common issue that they give different answers no matter the topic. Well they say notification s are to be going out starting January (hopefully) and we can see what the heck is going on then.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGS PIGS Tue 11 Dec 2018, 16:36

Teager,

I just got off the phone with Vac and i asked the direct question that if I already received a lump sum would I still have a choice come PFL and the answer I received was YES. so who knows my friend,

SIGS PIGS

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Tue 11 Dec 2018, 15:38

Sig's when you wrote to them did you specify you already received a lump sum or just simply ask if there was a choice?

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGS PIGS Tue 11 Dec 2018, 15:21

good day all,

you wonder why Vets are confused, this is the reply I got today ref Pension for Life,

Thank you for using MyVAC and our secure messaging service.

The letters should all be out in the new year, closer to spring
and the rollout of the program.

You will have the option to cash out any pension and take the
remaining amount as a lump sum. SIGS PIGS

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2018, 10:35

propat wrote:pain and suffering benefit for a 100% PA vet with a wife and 2 kids over $4000.00 a month . same NVC vet $1150.00 a month .

pain and suffering benefit went from $4000.00 to $1150.00

$4000.00 to $1150.00

propat
why doesn`t someone say this to Shamus`s face at one of these "meet & greets" when the cameras are rolling and see him try and counter it

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 11 Dec 2018, 06:09

See, I tend not to include dependant child amounts, when discussing the PA, because all those amounts will eventually be cancelled out within 5-8 years, if you had a newborn in the early months pf 2006. But even then a married 100% PA pensioner still gets $3500/mo, and still be able to get ELB. and a 95% PA veteran can even get CIA and CIAS as well as the ELB. They can also get upwards of $1850/mo for Attendance allowance, instead of the flat rate of $1000 for the caregiver benefit, without it affecting any other benefits. So it's not just that the PA pays the most for the disability compensation, but that they are also eligible for most of the other benefits, that the GoC used to justify the disability award and the new lowered PFL pension, in the first place
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 10 Dec 2018, 21:44

pain and suffering benefit for a 100% PA vet with a wife and 2 kids over $4000.00 a month . same NVC vet $1150.00 a month .

pain and suffering benefit went from $4000.00 to $1150.00

$4000.00 to $1150.00

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2018, 13:42

Steelgunner wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:One thing is for sure, PA vets or dual PA and NVC vets will receive more compensation that a strictly NVC veteran. The gov likes to say the discrepancy exists because of the programs and services that are in place that were not in place before 2006. That's their rational.

So in other wordsthe , some vets are punished financially, so other vets can access programs and services.

The GOC must extend the Pension Act to all veterans in order to bring parity among veterans.

It is patently absurd that the NVC was forced on veterans and the RCMP voted against it and got to keep the PA

This quote is it in a nutshell.  All Veterans have to understand what the government has done to Veterans regarding their benefits, policies, and life in general.  

Not all Veterans understand the difference between a PA Vet, NVC Vet, and the future PFL Vet. There are differences and the main difference is amount of money paid out over the lifetime of the Veteran.  There was also an article this weekend talking about how dismissive VAC employees are dealing with Veterans.   It’s a good read and brings up a lot of questions in how VAC treats Veterans and future dealings with Veterans.

https://vancouversun.com/news/public-online-directory-of-veterans-affairs-staff-made-secret-because-of-safety-concerns-department-says/wcm/7e5f4df4-e062-498a-8ad6-c6add4100c89
someone should start a go fund me page and raise enough money to take out a 3 page ad or erect 3 billboards in front of parliament hill showing 3 vets in the 3 categories and who is getting f&$$#

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum