Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

+30
skidsteer
Newfie
puddleduk2
cdnnavy77
Ppclicaper
Tilap61
Teentitan
Unknown Soldier
LAD
Peace
XMedic
doomed78
Rustytheviking
exarmyguy
Kramer
Teager
sailor964
johnny211
By the Bay
Supremedebater
bosn181
SIGS PIGS
Gunner8
propat
Vet1234
AirLog
bigrex
Rifleman
cosmo12
34 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 5 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by Ppclicaper Mon 23 Sep 2019, 11:24

Talking to VAC also , letters sent out , expect deposit in 2-3 days . After taxes it seems correct amount.

Ppclicaper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2019-05-10

Back to top Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 5 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by Tilap61 Mon 23 Sep 2019, 11:22

Big Rex was the amount pretty well in line with was you thought of getting?

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 23 Sep 2019, 11:20

??? Why are they/would they "mail" the letters? Are they not sending the letters electronically as they typically do and then follow-up with snail mail? I understand there are those who do not use computers......but this makes very little sense to me.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 23 Sep 2019, 10:31

I was talking to VAC this morning, on a separate matter, and the woman on the phone said that the SRB letter had been mailed to be this morning, and that I should expect a deposit into my account in the next day or two. She even told me the approximate amount, all without me even asking about it. So that is a good sign that the SRB payout will be a quick process, instead if being dragged out, and leaving some veterans in limbo for the next few months.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 22 Sep 2019, 10:46

Yes, they said that letters and payments would start being issued on the 23rd. But I think they gave themselves a window of a few months, to get them all done, rvrn though they knew this was going to be happening for the last 18 months or so, when they introduced the PFL.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LAD Sun 22 Sep 2019, 09:57

Did I read here that Sept 23rd SRB would be commencing being paid out?

LAD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Sat 21 Sep 2019, 16:45

I dont know if I did post it in case not;

Thank you for your question. We continue to work on the Supplementary Retirement Benefit payout. We will be issuing letters and payments starting in late September. We will be sharing updates on social media, our website and through our front-line staff in the coming weeks

Message from VAC

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sat 21 Sep 2019, 08:14

LAD wrote:Message on My DVA website ~ would this be related to the SRB payout?

Please note that My VAC Account will not be available on Tuesday, September 24 from 4:30 am to 9:30 am (ET) for system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

It could be. They usually use a site maintenance to update letters and other benefit aspects with those downtime’s.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by LAD Fri 20 Sep 2019, 17:50

Message on My DVA website ~ would this be related to the SRB payout?

Please note that My VAC Account will not be available on Tuesday, September 24 from 4:30 am to 9:30 am (ET) for system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

LAD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2019, 15:43

I was referring to dissabled retirement benefit instead of SRB which includes indexing!
VWBA how many of you are felling well with the NVC and now the PFL, they can call it what they want teen but they can't call it fair!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 15 Sep 2019, 15:27

Actually the NVC is now called the VWBA (Veteran Well Being Act)
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2019, 15:24

Fair enough teen, with all the abbreviations they could have come up with something different for NVC like DRB
Confusion is the name of the game with vac one section has to know only one section, veteran's have to try to decipher every section in the twisted system. Clarification excepted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 15 Sep 2019, 15:03

Wildthing wrote:Im sure some paperwork junkies can follow the paper trail and come to the conclusion there is a pile of money at the end of the rainbow, and that once again veteran's are getting the shaft as to payout of contributions and dates...
Im an idiot when it comes to this stuff, is there an accountant in the house that can simplify year end reviews and someone with legal experience to decipher the legal jargon...
https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/pension-plan/pension-publications/reports/administration-supplementary-retirement-benefits-act/report-administration-supplementary-retirement-benefits-act-2018.html

Your link does not apply to this conversation. It is a link for judges, Canadian Armed Forces Superannuation Act, RCMP, and MP's and SRBA
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2019, 14:40

Im sure some paperwork junkies can follow the paper trail and come to the conclusion there is a pile of money at the end of the rainbow, and that once again veteran's are getting the shaft as to payout of contributions and dates...
Im an idiot when it comes to this stuff, is there an accountant in the house that can simplify year end reviews and someone with legal experience to decipher the legal jargon...
https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/pension-plan/pension-publications/reports/administration-supplementary-retirement-benefits-act/report-administration-supplementary-retirement-benefits-act-2018.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2019, 13:05

I know nothing about this stuff, but i know i was DEC upon medical release even though the term didn't even exist then, apparently SRB contributions have been around long before elb or DEC  also, in reality what is the true DEC date , medical date of release or bureacratic DEC determination of totally disabled? It's not like the government hasn't screwed us out of money before and got caught hiding the fact !
It obviously existed before Elb or DEC did and could mean the difference between a few hundred and a few thousand for veterans as they are placing a time frame in connection with elb or eelb at 2 or 4% what ever they determine. Apparently its a legal payout and goodness of they're heart does not factor into the equation rex.
Sure they can take away what ever they want with policy change doesn't make it right, there is a large pool of contributions sitting in some investment and collecting interest and veteran's may not get the the payout they deserve and others or they're estate never get a pay out.
I am owed 17 years of backpay at 75% of my salary that i will never see so sceptical runs through my veins when i hear goc or bureaucrats are being good hearted and fair to disabled veteran's !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next