Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC, Manulife, LTD, DEC

4 posters

Go down

VAC, Manulife, LTD, DEC Empty Re: VAC, Manulife, LTD, DEC

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 03 Jul 2019, 01:36

johnny211 wrote:MikeceeGB - Welcome to the gp. I can’t answer if it’s possible to switch fm Sissip too Vac. But being 100% and dec myself I can give you a little insight on things to do. One of the hardest days of my life was when I had to leave my civi job as a machinist that I got thru Voc Rehab. As you have ptsd you understand that our memory and concentration sucks daily. I just could not hold it together any longer. And was only fooling myself and those around me.
  But I have found other small things I can handle, like gardening, woodworking, and picking away at an old truck. Anything more and like you, I can’t handle it. Maybe some volunteering may work. Others on here may have other suggestions. Hope this helps..VVV...
yes that’s where I’m at to and a friend, how does that saying go about “ gaining the earth, but losing ones soul” , being finically secure when you can no longer work is a great safety net, but don’t get tangled in that net or you will suffocate. I haven’t figured out what I’m going to do yet, but if you don’t get a hobby or meet new people or try new things ,it eats at you pretty fast. My buddy is doing everything, yoga, meditation, pedal bike rides, camping, veteran volunteering, just because you’re busted doesn’t mean you need to hide in the house all day, I’m slowly learning that, I’m not Ltd, but CPPD lets you earn $5000 so I’m going to try and do something that resembles a paying job, even if it’s only once a month
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Tue 02 Jul 2019, 23:04

That may be difficult. There are May places that you can volunteer at. Manulife will deduct dollar for dollar.

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 02 Jul 2019, 17:02

MikeceeGB - Welcome to the gp. I can’t answer if it’s possible to switch fm Sissip too Vac. But being 100% and dec myself I can give you a little insight on things to do. One of the hardest days of my life was when I had to leave my civi job as a machinist that I got thru Voc Rehab. As you have ptsd you understand that our memory and concentration sucks daily. I just could not hold it together any longer. And was only fooling myself and those around me.
But I have found other small things I can handle, like gardening, woodworking, and picking away at an old truck. Anything more and like you, I can’t handle it. Maybe some volunteering may work. Others on here may have other suggestions. Hope this helps..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

VAC, Manulife, LTD, DEC Empty VAC, Manulife, LTD, DEC

Post by MikeCeeGB Tue 02 Jul 2019, 16:02

Good Day;

Wondering if anyone in the same situation as me can offer help or advice. First a little background

I was medically released in May 2017 as a result of PTSD. I was rated at 65% disabled due to the PTSD, but sit at 95% overall. I have been making all my appointments and have been really proactive in my recovery, and as a result I completed my rehabilitation program last week. In February I was deemed to have a diminished earning capacity. A few weeks later Manulife determined I was "Totally and Permanently disabled.

I am having difficulty with the idea that I am "totally and permanently disabled". I feel like my nuts have been cut off because I am not able to work or educate myself in order to protect my benefits. I would say I am more in line with VACs determination that I cannot earn what I used to and cannot be employed full time. But I need to do something with myself. I feel like Manulife handcuffs you and keeps you from being as productive as you could be. And this in turn is actually detrimental to my mental health.

I guess my question would be "How the hell do I get away from Manulife and have VAC be the sole provider of my benefits?" Is it even possible??

Any help/personal experiences/anecdotes/advice would be greatly appreciated.....

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down