Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOT OFF THE WIRE (Cheques to start soon)

+2
peep
bigrex
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

HOT OFF THE WIRE (Cheques to start soon) Empty Re: HOT OFF THE WIRE (Cheques to start soon)

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 19:43

ducked, I heard that you can only have up to $25'500 in a tax free savings account, anything over you will be ding for tax.

Back to top Go down

HOT OFF THE WIRE (Cheques to start soon) Empty Re: HOT OFF THE WIRE (Cheques to start soon)

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 19:40

ducked they may send yours first just to piss you off. Bolt sounds logical , but remember that sisip will send MC processed claims the first Week of each Month, for the previous Month. So it's sounds like MC will only receive the processed claims once a Month.

Back to top Go down

HOT OFF THE WIRE (Cheques to start soon) Empty Tell Manulife to take there time!

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 19:38

$100 000 at 5% over a yr your presently receiving $5000 /year from GOC

Current saving rates: $100000 over 3 yrs savings $105,808.99

1.80% Tax Free Saving Account $105,497.78
2.50% Tax Free Investment Savings Account $107,689.06
2.00% Tax Free Savings Account $106,120.80
1.40% Tax Free Interest Plus Savings $104,259.07
1.20% TFSA High Rate Savings Account $103,643.37
1.20% Advance TFSA $103,643.37
1.15% TFSA $103,489.83
1.15% Tax Free Savings Account $103,489.83
1.15% Tax Advantage Savings $103,489.83
1.15% Tax Free Savings Account $103,489.83
1.15% TFSA $103,489.83
1.05% Tax Free Savings Account $103,183.19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 19:32

Deleted

Last edited by ducked on Fri 03 May 2013, 19:40; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 19:27

This is how I think it'll all unfold. I think SISIP will have a steady flow of completed payment forms going to MC on a regular and weekly basis. As such, MC will then process each "batch" of completed payments and issue the cheques on a weekly and steady flow as well.

It's incomprehensible that SISIP only had a handful completed given the heads up they were given. I think the first batch is just to get the proverbial ball rolling and to get a system and rythm going with MC. The reason I think this is how it's going to work is because MC doesn't want to be swamped sitting on all these completed forms (and rightly so) thus creating a backlog. This way, SISIP can control the flow of completed forms much like one could control a water faucet as this will allow everyone involved at both SISIP and MC to get a steady stream out there to everyone.

I could be wrong though.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 03 May 2013, 19:09

DJ, it was SISIP that hired additional staff, 4-6 if I'm not mistaken, just to handle the calculations of our retro. They've had these positions filled for several months, so I have to wonder what the hell have they been doing all this time. It's not like this was some big surprise at the last minute. They've been aware that retroactive payments were going to be required as early as the 29th of May, when the GoC announced that they were not going to appeal Justice Barnes' decision. That is over 11 months and yet they will only admit to completing 214 files out of the 7500 identified class members. They would have had to go through our files just to see who exactly qualified, and not just the 7500, but ALL their files, to see how many people's LTD were reduced by a PA pension.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 17:27

It would have been nice if the Judge ordered sisip to provide and info line, to keep us up with the status of our retro, than again who would ever think that given status on our retro, would be a matter of national security. Top secret stuff folks. Something is not right with this picture. Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 17:13

One thing sisip could do
1. If you desire to call and inquire , Sisip should have the simple policy of saying "" Yes Mr So and So your retro has been competed and forwarded to MC or Yes Mr So and So your retro has not been completed for this month, please feel free to inquire again next month.
This one action would save alot of stress and not take anymore time then stating the official line, we have six months to complete it, fuck u! And have a nice day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 16:51

214 files thats not slow??? we will se if you say that in 2015 and your file is not done...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 16:49

Its not SISIP that is slow they hire people for this last year it was in the Classifieds Ads on their site. Member guys and gals we had a chuckle about this in Nov or Dec 2012. We need people with good data entry skills and are good with numbers and spread sheet and can stay awake of more than 3 hours because, I believe that's how much time they are spending at it a day

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 16:42

bigrex its MC who hired extra staff but SISIP is SLOW... its SISIP that only pumped out 214 files

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 03 May 2013, 15:50

Did they not hire an entire team of new employees just to go through our files? What have they been doing all of this time? Did they sit them around the staff room for months shooting the shit, and then once the decision was released on the 15th, send them all on a 2 week paid vacation until the 29th, leaving 1 day to work on files. That is the only possible way a group of individuals could only manage to complete 214 files in the course of a month. I think the law firm should be requesting weekly updates on the number of files completed, not names and dollar amounts, just the number of files. That way if the rate of completion doesn't improve radically over the next few weeks, they could seek support from the judge, because at this rate, they will have completely ignored the judges ruling to have this all completed within 6 months.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 14:55

boys one man doing the calcs by hand can take his time and do 800 a month easy.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 03 May 2013, 14:29

mine

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 13:08

Anyone on CSAT gets theirs done in Oct, any bets!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next