Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ptsd reassessment

2 posters

Go down

Ptsd reassessment  Empty Re: Ptsd reassessment

Post by Gunner8 Fri 05 Mar 2021, 14:40

Got a favourable decision today. Just waiting on the letter. I went to step 3 On September 25, 2020, so 23 weeks for my second reassessment. The site said average time of 42 weeks, so I’m greatful it was faster.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Ptsd reassessment  Empty I love all you Fine Soldiers!

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2020, 14:37

Disguise your info and get the answers you need without someone knowing who u are!
I have done it for 10+ years here. I have been a member with several other names while watching this site.
Nowadays, I am sure your personal info will not be an issue but best to be safe.
Some like Bigrex, Teen Titan these vets likely notice my omnipresent optimistic writing style.
I think my original nick was Rufus then Johnny something etc then and then and then! I had to switch to French names- Chaud!  LOL
Soon I will depart and bid farewell. I am an old man now and veteran affairs have made some improvements!
The increasing delays are so sad 77 weeks for some, 87 weeks for my one last back reassessment!  This timing is just totally unacceptable.
Always will be lots to drag us down. EH?
So pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and Smile Smile Smile!
BTW No, I am not a smart ass may be an ass but too dumb to be smart! SmileSmile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 28 Oct 2020, 10:58

Gunner8

Here are some links on PTSD from VAC....could be useful; you might already have it?

PDF download: https://www.veterans.gc.ca/pdf/dispen/eeg/ptsd-mar2016.pdf

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/health-support/physical-health-and-wellness/compensation-illness-injury/disability-benefits/benefits-determined/entitlement-eligibility-guidelines/ptsd

The more information you/anyone can provide, the better (better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it). For example....a letter from a spouse or partner (accompanied by a doctor's input/assessment). There are things that doctors just cannot see/witness, so your doctor takes your words, shuffles them around and uses their words, but examples are very important, regardless from who. Doctors don't usually sleep with their clients and have no clue if they thrash around, have bad dreams, constantly wake up and are sleep deprived (which affects everything mental and physical), have Sleep Apnea etc. The same with how long it takes a person to do something; most doctors don't have first-hand experience. Or ....how forgetful one is...and The benefit of Doubt as most know, is not always liberally applied, to the benefit of the veteran, despite being their own policy. Read what I recently posted about "Rumination." It may apply......or not? All this information can also be useful for the DTC.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 27 Oct 2020, 19:54

Hey Riddick, thanks for your input. I completely understand if you don’t want to put any personal details on here.
Also, yes those ideas sound like a great option. I’ve also been told to use the table that VAC provides and provide specific details. I do see a psychiatrist and he is very helpful.

No I don’t post anything on Facebook, and my account here is private I don’t use any personal information. I just like this group because I can talk anonymously, and still get a lot of help from fellow vets.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Tue 27 Oct 2020, 19:49

Gunner8 wrote:How many? I’ve had my initial 10%, then followed by %20. Then I got reassessed at 10% again 2 years ago. Since then I’ve become DEC and I’m in the process now of reassessment again.  Just curious if it’s even worth the process to try again.

Forgive me for not posting personal information/details; I am uncomfortable for a few reasons.....and although some will say they don't judge....some still do.....besides, never know who is watching/reading these posts.

Having said that...... it certainly was most advantageous for me. Assuming you are seeing a professional (psychologist/psychiatrist), they would be in a better position to suggest; you might have to complete another evaluation/assessment? I have a good psychologist and has known me for years. I have had more than 2 (post original) and all been successful/beneficial. The real fight was with my first one of all things. But once the military/VAC find the "link" and acknowledge it, everything else "should" be easier. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It might be helpful to do some reading/searching online to see how you might compare to others with PTSD (this could prove to be very, very helpful...keep notes). If your PTSD percentage, it could be related to other things ....like APSC Reassessment upgrade down the road...just saying.

A little off topic, but, I would suggest to everyone on social media (like FaceBook, which I am not), to be mindful of what you post, something said might come back to bite you and you may never even know it.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 27 Oct 2020, 19:17

How many? I’ve had my initial 10%, then followed by %20. Then I got reassessed at 10% again 2 years ago. Since then I’ve become DEC and I’m in the process now of reassessment again. Just curious if it’s even worth the process to try again.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Tue 27 Oct 2020, 19:05

Gunner8 wrote:Has anyone had multiple reassessments with favourable decisions?

I have.
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Ptsd reassessment  Empty Ptsd reassessment

Post by Gunner8 Tue 27 Oct 2020, 13:29

Has anyone had multiple reassessments with favourable decisions?

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down