Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pension Miscalculation/Error Class Action

+9
BinRat
LostTrucker
puddleduk2
sgtppcli95
Teentitan
T
Unknown Soldier
AirLog
Kramer
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pension Miscalculation/Error Class Action Empty Re: Pension Miscalculation/Error Class Action

Post by Unknown Soldier Tue 23 Apr 2024, 15:59

Yeah l hear that's what they did with the sexual assault court case, no matter how much each victim was entitled to they each got $5k just before Christmas
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Pension Miscalculation/Error Class Action Empty Re: Pension Miscalculation/Error Class Action

Post by exarmyguy Mon 22 Apr 2024, 07:16

Unknown Soldier wrote:" going into 2025" could be as late as Dec 2025, ffs

Will be by Dec. 19 2024
I'm sure they will wait till last moment make it look like getting a christmas gift.

exarmyguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 21 Apr 2024, 16:44

" going into 2025" could be as late as Dec 2025, ffs
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Wed 17 Apr 2024, 22:47

Supremedebater wrote:Payouts will commence late in 2024. November-December going into 2025. Like I said before. I have confirmation. I told you all its whose chain you rattle. So everyone will be waiting till end of 2024 into 2025

The court order became effective on March 19, 2024 in which they had 9 months to pay.  This would bring the deadline December 19, 2024.  I guess I was hoping for them to not wait until the deadline and have an earlier payout. I bet the lawyers get their mega millions right away. Lets just hope it won't go into 2025 or they will be in violation of the court order.  Then again breaking the rules/laws means nothing to Trudeau's gov't......lol.
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Wed 17 Apr 2024, 14:59

Supremedebater wrote:Payouts will commence late in 2024. November-December going into 2025. Like I said before. I have confirmation. I told you all its whose chain you rattle. So everyone will be waiting till end of 2024 into 2025
hope this helps

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Wed 17 Apr 2024, 14:59

Payouts will commence late in 2024. November-December going into 2025. Like I said before. I have confirmation. I told you all its whose chain you rattle. So everyone will be waiting till end of 2024 into 2025

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 17 Apr 2024, 14:41

Question (phoned one of the law firms, never received a return phone call, might have to see about emailing one by one)

Previous class actions the legal fees and disbursements were claimable on taxes having to do with wage loss (taxable benefit)

Will the legal fees and such in this case be claimable as the majority of payout including interest was negotiated as non taxable, asking this as the fees were taxable for services rendered.

Last edited by puddleduk2 on Wed 17 Apr 2024, 14:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling (vision related))
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 15 Apr 2024, 12:09

LostTrucker wrote:did anyone hear anything lately?  Alot of radio silence on this one

VAC had 9 months, they have 8 months now (for those already having a payment schedule with VAC). For those who need to submit a claim it will be longer...
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ArmyGunner011 Mon 15 Apr 2024, 11:18

LostTrucker wrote:did anyone hear anything lately?  Alot of radio silence on this one

The payment and information are coming from VAC. The budget is to be read on 16 April 2024. I speculate that we should hear more after the budget.

ArmyGunner011
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2024-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Sun 14 Apr 2024, 21:11

did anyone hear anything lately? Alot of radio silence on this one
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 27 Mar 2024, 19:30

sgtppcli95 wrote:Is this calculated from 2003 to 2010 or 2023?

"The Federal Court has defined the Class as follows:

All members and former members of the Canadian Armed Forces and Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and their spouses, common-law partners, dependents, survivors, orphans, and any other individuals, including qualifiable estates of all such persons, who received, at any time between 2003 and December 2023, disability pensions, and other benefits from VAC that were affected by the annual adjustment of the basic pension under section 75 of the Pension Act."
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtppcli95 Wed 27 Mar 2024, 18:52

Is this calculated from 2003 to 2010 or 2023?

sgtppcli95
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2023-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 27 Mar 2024, 14:01

Supremedebater wrote:I don’t come on here much anymore. But when I do I usually don’t respond to things. Y’all are bitching about the lawyers and the law firms. Why? Do you not realize a governing body exists over all lawyers and paralegal’s? You have a law society in every province. While you speak to the lawyers secretaries and staff, mention to them that they have an oath to uphold and keep in contact with the clients in a clear and concise affable manner. My biggest fear is the law society. They can shutdown a practice without any cause until an investigation is done. What I’m getting at is this. You want explanations and information, the right information. File a complaint with the governing law society. You will watch the change and attitude of these offices. And then if they don’t react (they will 100%) you write a letter to the judge (S) of the case. Explain to him/her that as clients we do not understand the rulings and the lawyers are non responsive with answers. Watch the shit hit the fan. I’m scared of two entities in this world of practicing law, 1. God, 2. Law society. Hope this helped

I wish it were as easy as you put it!

I do more than just bitch about genius lawyers who become super enriched by representing veterans.....very little risk for them.

I recently sent correspondent to a judge in one of the class actions. The response I got was....the judge wouldn't hear what I had to say unless it went through all friggin 5 law firms! I went to the judge as a last resort because 3 of the law firms I contacted apparently knew everything and brushed me off. I thought the office of MDLO would be more receptive being ex-military.....man was I wrong........veterans are just a way to the money trough....there is no loyalty just because one was in the military......so sad.
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Wed 27 Mar 2024, 12:59

I don’t come on here much anymore. But when I do I usually don’t respond to things. Y’all are bitching about the lawyers and the law firms. Why? Do you not realize a governing body exists over all lawyers and paralegal’s? You have a law society in every province. While you speak to the lawyers secretaries and staff, mention to them that they have an oath to uphold and keep in contact with the clients in a clear and concise affable manner. My biggest fear is the law society. They can shutdown a practice without any cause until an investigation is done. What I’m getting at is this. You want explanations and information, the right information. File a complaint with the governing law society. You will watch the change and attitude of these offices. And then if they don’t react (they will 100%) you write a letter to the judge (S) of the case. Explain to him/her that as clients we do not understand the rulings and the lawyers are non responsive with answers. Watch the shit hit the fan. I’m scared of two entities in this world of practicing law, 1. God, 2. Law society. Hope this helped

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Lordporky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ArmyGunner011 Sun 24 Mar 2024, 16:47

Kramer wrote:

I believe once a vet has been granted the DEC, CM's are obligated to cut ties to assist other vets?

I can confirm once I received PIA in 2015 I was told that I no longer qualified for a CM and was on my own.

I contacted VAC on Friday 22 March 2024 and asked about this class action. VAC phone support is utterly useless and had no answers except to wait and see.
The Law Firms involved need to be more transparent and provide us with more info.

ArmyGunner011
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2024-01-26

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next