Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pension Miscalculation/Error Class Action

+9
BinRat
LostTrucker
puddleduk2
sgtppcli95
Teentitan
T
Unknown Soldier
AirLog
Kramer
13 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pension Miscalculation/Error Class Action - Page 4 Empty Re: Pension Miscalculation/Error Class Action

Post by sports1977 Tue 09 Jan 2024, 14:59

Pain and suffering compensation – a life-time monthly benefit or lump sum benefit – the choice is yours.
View the pain and suffering compensation rates.
View all Pain and Suffering Compensation FAQs.
or
Disability pension * - a life-time monthly benefit. If you have any dependents (e.g. spouse, common-law partner and/or children), your monthly amount will be increased.
View the disability pension rates.

would it be an extra 2% in lump SUM amount of the following

Pain and Suffering Compensation
Extent of disability (%) Monthly benefit Lump sum amount
5 $67.77 $22,049.60
20 $271.08 $88,198.39
40 $542.15 $176,396.78
60 $813.23 $264,595.18
80 $1,084.30 $352,793.57
100 $1,355.38 $440,991.96

sports1977
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Pension Miscalculation/Error Class Action - Page 4 Empty Re: Pension Miscalculation/Error Class Action

Post by LostTrucker Tue 02 Jan 2024, 11:19

sgtppcli95 wrote:Is this in regards to the pension act only? So if someone has received a benefit under the pension act from 2003 to 2023 are entitled to a 2% increase for the amounts that fall under the  pension act of 1919.

That is my understanding. If anyone got a monthly pension and/or lump sum payment from 2003-2023 should be entitled to this. As per the court docs it says it should be roughly 2% as you mentioned. VIP allowances ect are not part of this, just monthly pensions and/or lump sums only. Thats my understanding of it anyways. It also states they have 9 months to pay from the court order.......whenever that will be
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtppcli95 Mon 01 Jan 2024, 22:09

Is this in regards to the pension act only? So if someone has received a benefit under the pension act from 2003 to 2023 are entitled to a 2% increase for the amounts that fall under the pension act of 1919.

sgtppcli95
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2023-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:54

If both sides settled, then the judge shouldn't have to do very much...if anything really. If both sides agreed what is the judge to do? Should be an immediate decision one would think.....lol
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:09

Each side presented on the 18th and now they are waiting for the judges decision. So until the judge rules it's "hurry up and wait" time, something I'm sure we are all familiar with LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Thu 28 Dec 2023, 22:12

has anyone heard if it went ahead on Dec 18th?  Seems to be radio silence regarding this
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Tue 19 Dec 2023, 11:00

Unknown Soldier wrote:Any knew news on payouts wasn't dec 18 supposed to be significant?

No new, news as of yet.

From the vetspensionerror.ca website "We are pleased to announce that the parties in this action have reached a settlement to resolve the claims, which is subject to Court approval. The approval hearing will be held on December 18, 2023."

So the hearing was yesterday....just waiting for an update on the status of that hearing.

Having said that....IAW the FSA....."On or before January 31, 2024, the Defendant shall provide to Class Counsel and the Administrator a list of all Class Members confirming the value of the Settlement Payment Calculation Amount for each individual Class Member. " and

"RESPONSIBLITY AND TIMING FOR PAYMENTS TO CLASS MEMBERS 20. The Defendant shall be responsible for paying Settlement Payments to Class Members in the VAC Payment Group in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. 21.The Defendant shall pay Settlement Payments to Class Members in the VAC Payment Group within nine (9)months of the Final Order."

So....if VAC doesn't already know how much and to who they owe payments....they have until Jan 31, 2024 to provide this and payments made within 9 months to the VAC payment Group.
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 18 Dec 2023, 21:17

Any knew news on payouts wasn't dec 18 supposed to be significant?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 12 Dec 2023, 20:12

Seen
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Tue 12 Dec 2023, 19:45

puddleduk2 wrote:Pension Act,

in effect with the miscalculation from 2002 forward is the query i had.

if the catch up amount that is to be settled on with this class action includes this, would VAC correct the monthly amounts going forward or continue to pay the miscalculated amounts based on the flawed previous calculations pre class action?

I would expect nothing less, to do otherwise would be counter-intuitive as the miscalculation(s) is the main reason for the class action.

PFL is the latest pension ....Pension For Life, became effective Apr 2019
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 12 Dec 2023, 16:06

unsure what the PFL is, new term of use?
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 12 Dec 2023, 16:03

Pension Act,

in effect with the miscalculation from 2002 forward is the query i had.

if the catch up amount that is to be settled on with this class action includes this, would VAC correct the monthly amounts going forward or continue to pay the miscalculated amounts based on the flawed previous calculations pre class action?
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 11 Dec 2023, 14:50

puddleduk2 wrote:Going forward from December 18th, will VAC apply this 2% to the here and now monthly pension act amount without being prompted or included in this possible application process.

There are a number of links/reference regarding how the calculations are to be applied. If you scroll down you should be able to find them.

Not sure what your question means "the here and now"? Do you mean the PFL? The calculations are from 2002 to present, but the present does not include the PFL (from my understanding).
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Sun 10 Dec 2023, 13:08

Going forward from December 18th, will VAC apply this 2% to the here and now monthly pension act amount without being prompted or included in this possible application process.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Fri 08 Dec 2023, 21:17

puddleduk2 wrote:Global news article dated 17 November 2023, short article, it mentions having to ‘apply for’ the recalculation amount.

Having read the brief from last month, still to be confirmed on the 18th of December, it doesn't mention anything having to apply for this, am i jumping ahead or poorly explained in the article, as VAC knows all those that this 2% and recalculation going forward pertains to.

Not sure how to say this...but I agree with you....it is messed up! Typically one doesn't "apply" but it is always good to submit one's name and register with counsel.

Something I have tried to bring to the attention of others like Drapeau, Judge Kane and D. Manuge, but none will listen. The VAC website does not indicate or show/mention missing members or those of the VWA as members, yet the FSA indicates this (PA and VWA) along with the website for the pension error (vetspensionerror). I have already had questions regarding this (besides my own) yet the so-called experts think they know everything (because they get thousands/millions to know lol) but there is conflicting information....but hey they know the veterans and how to word everything perfectly, eloquently for legal purposes yet forget the audience does not hear the same way they do!
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next