Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obtaining medical supplies for injuries

2 posters

Go down

Obtaining medical supplies for injuries  Empty Re: Obtaining medical supplies for injuries

Post by Teentitan Fri 28 Jan 2022, 10:43

A simple prescription from your doctor for OTC (over the counter) drugs like A535, tylenol etc will help the pharmacist in charging VAC for the meds. Don't forget to get the doctor to put refills on the prescription.

For the tensor "machine" call the NCCN and ask to speak to the Medavie Blue Cross department. Explain what the machine is, including cost, and ask what you need to submit for reimbursement.

As tax season is around the corner I just want to remind everyone that OTC drugs can be claimed on your taxes. You can also claim items like tensor bandages, compression socks etc as "daily living aids" on your taxes.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Obtaining medical supplies for injuries  Empty Obtaining medical supplies for injuries

Post by Unknown Soldier Thu 27 Jan 2022, 10:43

I have 2 separate pensioned conditions for my back and l am group B blue cross covered. I have never asked VAC for assistance in paying for any items l might need to eleviate my symptoms.  I know you need a Dr note if you wanted to buy say a tensor machine or one of those hand held body massagers, and after you pay VAC will cover the cost. But what about small stuff like heat supplying back cream like A535 etc. I use a lot of it. If l were to submit my receipts would VAC automatically reimburse me consequential to my back injuries or would l need to supply a Dr. Note with each purchase,? Cause if that's the case it's not Worth the trouble.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down