Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxes for disabled veterans

2 posters

Go down

Taxes for disabled veterans  Empty Re: Taxes for disabled veterans

Post by 66UGLY Wed 05 Apr 2023, 11:46

Much appreciated for the links and help.

66UGLY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2023-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 05 Apr 2023, 11:38

[quote="66UGLY"]Hey all,

So in 2018 I was released medically and deemed "totally disabled" by SISIP, on DEC, etc.

Now my question and it's hard to find but I'm certain there's other disabled veterans in this situation but every year since my release and my DEC status, tax season hits and I'm owing more and more.

This year alone between myself and my part time working wife.  We're owing up towards 10k and it's draining.

I've done some to mitigate some of these heavy costs like getting additional taxes taken off, DTC is pending but every year it's getting worse and I don't understand.  I want to understand why.

Our accountant has caught CRA messing up the past two years and managed to get money back but it's like NO taxes are being taken off between SISIP, VAC and Superannuation.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or is this madness something I'm to get used to?

Thank you.

Sorry, I am not the best person to advise, but after seeing 70 views on your post and no one replied......sad!

Not all of VAC income is taxable. IRB is. Go through VAC and they should advise the process and or provide the necessary documentation. Not sure about SISIP. For the CF pension:

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/fac-caf/cntctns-cntctus-eng.html

Call them....they are so slow they can take months getting back to you if you send an email.

If your DTC is denied, I would contact Lembi

http://www.fightingforfairness.ca/blog.php?navID=22
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

66UGLY likes this post

Back to top Go down

Taxes for disabled veterans  Empty Taxes for disabled veterans

Post by 66UGLY Mon 03 Apr 2023, 15:20

Hey all,

So in 2018 I was released medically and deemed "totally disabled" by SISIP, on DEC, etc.

Now my question and it's hard to find but I'm certain there's other disabled veterans in this situation but every year since my release and my DEC status, tax season hits and I'm owing more and more.

This year alone between myself and my part time working wife. We're owing up towards 10k and it's draining.

I've done some to mitigate some of these heavy costs like getting additional taxes taken off, DTC is pending but every year it's getting worse and I don't understand. I want to understand why.

Our accountant has caught CRA messing up the past two years and managed to get money back but it's like NO taxes are being taken off between SISIP, VAC and Superannuation.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or is this madness something I'm to get used to?

Thank you.

66UGLY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2023-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down