Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Reference Current Benefits and Payment On My DVA Website Today

3 posters

Go down

Question Reference Current Benefits and Payment On My DVA Website Today Empty Re: Question Reference Current Benefits and Payment On My DVA Website Today

Post by Sparrow Mon 29 Apr 2024, 11:43

Update: Received reply from DVA. The annotations on My VAC simply confirms SRB and Pension Adj were previously paid out in years prior. Thank you for the responses. Cheers.

Sparrow
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2024-04-27

Back to top Go down

Question Reference Current Benefits and Payment On My DVA Website Today Empty Re: Question Reference Current Benefits and Payment On My DVA Website Today

Post by Sparrow Sun 28 Apr 2024, 17:43

Kramer wrote:

I have those as well....and I have been paid out.  As I can only assume and speak for myself.....  Former Ombudsman Guy Parent identified the error(s) and brought it to the attn of the then Minister MacAulay who promptly took action with the corrective payment.  Most were compensated, however there were more errors and numerous plaintiffs/class actions came about.  Approx 5 class actions were amalgamated into one class action "Manuge et al." As previously discussed, there are numerous names associated with it.  This class action has since concluded and as of Mar 18, 2024 (payments to follow).

The SRB was discontinued as of Apr 2019 I believe and those entitled were paid out. The Sean Bruyea class action is mainly about the SRB but has been very quiet!  Most members of the SRB class action should have received a letter from VAC regarding the "Opt Out" option?  Now we wait.

This is the duplicate screenshot notice on my VAC account under both the SRB and Disability Pension Corrective Payment areas. Perhaps I am interpreting it incorrectly? Time will tell.
Question Reference Current Benefits and Payment On My DVA Website Today Dva_sc10

Sparrow
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Sun 28 Apr 2024, 13:44

Kramer wrote:
Sparrow wrote:Hello,  
Does anyone have information as to why on My VAC Account two entries "Disability Pension Corrective Payment" and "Supplementary Retirement Benefit" with a "More Info" click button followed by a sum amount explanation?  Is this a pending deposit amount for May and/or does this pertain to a legal class action resolution? Many thanks.

I have those as well....and I have been paid out.  As I can only assume and speak for myself.....  Former Ombudsman Guy Parent identified the error(s) and brought it to the attn of the then Minister MacAulay who promptly took action with the corrective payment.  Most were compensated, however there were more errors and numerous plaintiffs/class actions came about.  Approx 5 class actions were amalgamated into one class action "Manuge et al." As previously discussed, there are numerous names associated with it.  This class action has since concluded and as of Mar 18, 2024 (payments to follow).

The SRB was discontinued as of Apr 2019 I believe and those entitled were paid out. The Sean Bruyea class action is mainly about the SRB but has been very quiet!  Most members of the SRB class action should have received a letter from VAC regarding the "Opt Out" option?  Now we wait.

Thank you Kramer, I was unsure as well as there are several class actions ongoing, but I didn't realize they were amalgamated aka lawyer Daniel Wallace and plaintiff Dennis Manuge class actions. Appreciate the clarification. Will see at the end of May if anything is deposited as I don't believe to date I have received retroactive amounts pertaining to SRB. Csat has always been so informative and helpful members, thank you.

Sparrow
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sun 28 Apr 2024, 12:12

Sparrow wrote:Hello,  
Does anyone have information as to why on My VAC Account two entries "Disability Pension Corrective Payment" and "Supplementary Retirement Benefit" with a "More Info" click button followed by a sum amount explanation?  Is this a pending deposit amount for May and/or does this pertain to a legal class action resolution? Many thanks.

I have those as well....and I have been paid out. As I can only assume and speak for myself..... Former Ombudsman Guy Parent identified the error(s) and brought it to the attn of the then Minister MacAulay who promptly took action with the corrective payment. Most were compensated, however there were more errors and numerous plaintiffs/class actions came about. Approx 5 class actions were amalgamated into one class action "Manuge et al." As previously discussed, there are numerous names associated with it. This class action has since concluded and as of Mar 18, 2024 (payments to follow).

The SRB was discontinued as of Apr 2019 I believe and those entitled were paid out. The Sean Bruyea class action is mainly about the SRB but has been very quiet! Most members of the SRB class action should have received a letter from VAC regarding the "Opt Out" option? Now we wait.
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Sparrow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Sun 28 Apr 2024, 08:51

Unknown Soldier wrote:I think that has to do with money taken off automatically for tax purposes but l could be wrong, it's a long time since l ever logged into that site

Thank you for the reply. I don't log on often either but this was out of the normal. Just wondering if it has to do with the SRB Bruyea lawsuit outcomes? I did message DVA so if and when I get an explanation, I will post on CSAT in case others are seeing the same on their accounts. Take care.

Sparrow
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 27 Apr 2024, 21:32

I think that has to do with money taken off automatically for tax purposes but l could be wrong, it's a long time since l ever logged into that site
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Sparrow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Question Reference Current Benefits and Payment On My DVA Website Today Empty Question Reference Current Benefits and Payment On My DVA Website Today

Post by Sparrow Sat 27 Apr 2024, 17:26

Hello,
Does anyone have information as to why on My VAC Account two entries "Disability Pension Corrective Payment" and "Supplementary Retirement Benefit" with a "More Info" click button followed by a sum amount explanation? Is this a pending deposit amount for May and/or does this pertain to a legal class action resolution? Many thanks.

Sparrow
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down