Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk With Each Other Here

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Talk With Each Other Here - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk With Each Other Here

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 17:23

This is what was told to me, i have a feeling very little of the 900 zero sums will actually qualfiy for the monthly payments. The government will use this thou, for pr value, stating we have completed the task of reinstating all the zero sum. AN dont forget , if they do not reinstate you for the monthly payment, you are only entitled to 24 months of retro, so be very careful. When i asked my Cm at sisip the number of zero sum that qualify for reinstatement(the easy ones) her answer was ,OH 120-150 OR SO, so 900 , we will see, but this forum will be very busy this week as hundreds of zero sum find out they are denied because, just like peep, they forgot some form or forgot a medical or something. We shall see

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 08 Oct 2012, 16:55

I have given Peter my info and appeal which he has said to wait till after the 10th to send in. I have been told its SOP with SISIP by Peter. It took talking with a few on the phone before it was discovered to be closed. You miss a contact and it's up to the rep wether you're cut off permently. Those that did not close your file were in error, and if your file is reviewed, it may still be closed. (before you panic, its my understanding only) I'm extremely well documented, and have all the paperwork and references. Peter liked my appeal. If I'm not successful then kiss the majority of our casses/Vets/proxies good by. I've said too much on a public forum already, but Peter is on our side.

Enough said
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Talk With Each Other Here - Page 2 Empty Talk With Each Other Here

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:17

Peep, does Peter know your case, because you will not be able to follow sisip As soon as you call , they will throw that at you, your file is closed. Not to be a downer but I think only the real easy ones will be reinstated right away, that means guys still active on sisip accounts, zero sum. When you call they will tell you if you are still a active sisip client, which was explained to me as, you were never cut off and you continue to meet sisip definition of total disabled. With the proxies , your sisip file might be looked at, but your going to need Peter, that is why he collected all that info a while back. Have you called sisip or have gotten a power of attorney to call and have them explain your file as it is today. Then you will know where you stand and get Peter calling. This reinstatement has been very hard and really the lack of information from sisip is extremely frustrating. I have a ok cm at sisip but at first she was very hard to get info out of, in the beginning I just wanted to know if I still qualified but its like they bet around the bush , finally I just said I would call everyday until I got a answer which she did answer. But some of them their have an attitude like they are doing you a favour. I have heard and if you read on the other sites a lot of peopl have been cut off for a number of reasons which are very unfair like not returning forms, no medical etc. So I guess we will see , I will be happy to get ,my monthly payment but until I see it in my bank I will always have doubts and we still don't know if we call or not

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:01

Those are fighting words!

Sorry that just made me so mad, and well Down. Most of you know my case, where I became non cognitive for a few years from my VAC pensioned injuries and instead of help, SISIP just closed my file from no communication. I have no coverage right now after paying for 27 years.

Their better not be a one year time to claim, or we just lost most of our vets and for me no justice. bounce
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 08 Oct 2012, 07:59

Actually peep, now is exactly the time to get the word out across Canada, because January will come extremely fast for those who are not even aware of the lawsuit (for the rest of use every day seems like a week), or that it may pertain to them, especially now that the years covered by the lawsuit have been extended. Plus how many Survivors are out there who don't even know what SISIP is, especially if their loved ones were zero sum clients. But they would know if they received a disability pension from VAC. The reinstatement of monthly benefits has been agreed to and like you said, Peter is showing his teeth, and if seeking to get the word out, delays those payments, then I'm sure that he will be seeking an emergency meeting with the judge. Also, SISIP isn't going to start issuing checks to someone who's address is 30+ years old, so unless those Veterans, or their survivors make contact first, they will not receive what is owed to them. I can also see SISIP demanding a copy of any death certificates, before survivors get any money, so that the retro only pays for the years the Veteran was alive, or reached 65, since now they are dealing with Veterans who could be in their 80's.

So getting the word out now to inform as many class members as possible, and give them time to get any required to documentation, so as not to delay any payments There will likely also be a time limit starting in January for applications of those who haven't already been identified, or contacted due to out of date information.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sun 07 Oct 2012, 23:20

SISIP needs a court order to talk. But DND does not. The CDS/ MND does not. CBC, CTV, SUN, Canoe news networks do not.

Wait!!! Better stop and think what has been proposed here.

Before anyone thinks of going viral, they need to stop drop and role. Before you sing, make sure the Vets most in need are not hurt in this rebellion.

The payments are about to start, and Peter is showing his teeth. Is now really the time to, I say let's wait and see if what has been written comes true.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 07 Oct 2012, 17:42

they will not publicly release the names of all class members , as it would be a breach of their privacy. This is why we need the judge to order the government to purchase air time on Canadian TV stations, letting the entire population know that we need any former CF members who was medically released after 1976 due to service related injuries, or their survivors, to contact the Law firm. Then once the call has been made, their inclusion to the class can be verified by comparing it to the list provided by SISIP. The judge can order this, since he already ordered that websites for VAC and SISIP include prominent links about the class action to get the word out, but unless they check those websites, or read the news, they could have no knowledge of the lawsuit, especially the survivors.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2