Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Payments to “Zero Sum” Members to Commence October 22, 2012

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Payments to “Zero Sum” Members to Commence October 22, 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Payments to “Zero Sum” Members to Commence October 22, 2012

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 20:55

thank you bigrex, so many short forms, amd the definitions are so confusing...thank You again
PMED

Back to top Go down

Payments to “Zero Sum” Members to Commence October 22, 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Payments to “Zero Sum” Members to Commence October 22, 2012

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Oct 2012, 20:52

PMed, I'm not sure if SISIP will let you re-apply, but I know that the policy states tat in oder to receive benefits past 24 months you had to have received benefits and deemed totally disabled, but it doesn't specify a time limit for the veteran to get that determination. Nowhere does it say that we hyave to be totally disabled before the 24 moths passes, so give them a call see what they say. If they say no, then talk to Peter. as he is very gung-ho about getting benefits for everyone who needs them. Worst case scenario is you apply for the ELB, PIA and PIA supp, but at 100%, they may give you the EIA instead.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:58

Navrat - Correct and is stated (portion of paragraph) as such:

" CPI increases shall be rounded to next 1/4 of 1%, if not already a multiple therof, and limited to a maximum of 2% per year."

So, even if the CPI for the country goes up to 5% for that year, the max that SISIP would have increased the payment would be 2%. Not to piss anyone off, but there have been a number of years that the CPI was above 3%.

It begs the question that since our CFSA, DVA pensions, etc... all go up with the actual CPI, so why doesn't SISIP LTD???
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:56

yes i have them CPPD and VAC so I will sit back and relax and hope every one has a good one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:54

+Question: i was medical #B release 2000, did 24 month rehab @75% then left SISIP program, onlt 80% VAC.
Now medical condition much worse, can i still reapply for SISIP? Service related 100% VAC said

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:54

I will keep a positive out look on it and have some friends help me read it over and we will all have to wait and see, come Apr and May maybe Jun when this is all done with luck. until then keep positive and stay happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:50

This would have been the same with sisip even if there was never a clawback. If you want sisip ltd until 65 then you have to do yearly medicals, any insurance company does that, I have did that for 8 years without a cent, so its something we cant get out of. But if you have CPPD and the CRA tax certificate and VAC , you should not be that worried. Nothing in life is a for sure, but nobody can take away your retro, so enjoy, its coming and it will work out fine for you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:44

I relize it is good news I feel uneasy for some reason due to some of the content, This line for example;
"There are no guarantees that the benefits will continue unless you qualify under the terms of the policy as adjudicated by Manulife under this process."

Makes me put my back up against the wall and get ready for the first punch to get thrown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:44

Doesnt sisip give a max of 2 percent a year for indexing?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:42

so bigrex 1998 till today? i guess i should go look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:41

Big Rex is correct, F foundry

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:36

F foundry. What it means to me, is they look at what your 75% amount was when you were zeroed out, they then calculate what that amount would be today after the yearly indexation has been added up since being zeroed out, and that is the rate they will use this month.

When I released in Jan of 2006, my 75% mark was $3500, but when I was added to the ELB this year, it was calculated at almost $3900. So it can really add up over the years.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:19

So I have a question, Is this using the Oct 2011 75% ?
I realize we are about to get sum payments restarted and that some are in greater need than others and that the wait has been long and hard and the last thing I want is to bring any one down,

I am sure it all sounds great for those that can under stand it all but

For the most part I have been lost on most of the "correspond to the last calculation that was made" Line and I have a feeling that it leaves Manulife in a good position to play hard ball after the fact.

would any one care to fill me in on my miss under standing or what I dont get here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 19:10

Thanks so much, just kinda surreal that we may actually see something.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Oct 2012, 18:58

Oldvet, you are still a zero sum client if you stopped receiving your sisip due to the clawback last week. The only catch is, they will deduct the other sources first and could drastically reduce what you could be expecting
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next