Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTIONS FOR PETER FOR NEXT CLASS ACTION SIT REP

3 posters

Go down

QUESTIONS FOR PETER FOR NEXT CLASS ACTION SIT REP Empty Re: QUESTIONS FOR PETER FOR NEXT CLASS ACTION SIT REP

Post by puddleduk2 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 16:51

for more thoughts on this, go to "can you follow my thought' on the forum page, thanks all
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

QUESTIONS FOR PETER FOR NEXT CLASS ACTION SIT REP Empty Re: QUESTIONS FOR PETER FOR NEXT CLASS ACTION SIT REP

Post by oldsailor Thu 18 Oct 2012, 16:10

Would that mean that once we receive our payment from SISIP, then invest this money and receive interest. Will this also be clawback as income because we defenatly did not receive interest income/money prior to release. Just a though. Some of us really do need the CPP(D) in order to let our children finish there schooling as we would never be able to make up the money that someone else can make without disability. All hogwash from this Old Sailor Boy

oldsailor
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 13:20

If my comment gave you any indication that I'm an idiot please excuse me, I am not!, my comments are meant to evoke dialogue, not decent, Thank You

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 18 Oct 2012, 11:12

PMED there is nothing in the fine print because the bold print clearly states 75% of your monthly CF salary.

If your scenario's of other income were a factor Peter would have brought them up in court. He DIDN'T because the policy, which he knows inside out, clearly and conciesly states CF SALARY.

Like i have said before there is some very intelligent people at the lawfirm and on this forum that know the policy THOUROUGHLY.

Please for your own health walk away from this idea.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 05:58

keep reading.........fine print~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 18:53

Policy is very clear, it is based on 75% of your monthly pay in effect on the date of your release from the CF. Therefore the CPP is not part of your CF salary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 17 Oct 2012, 13:29

PMED send your question to kristine.hunter@mcinnescooper.com Don't post it on the CSAT. SITREP's are sent to each member of the class via email and WILL NOT BE POSTED ON CSAT.

So please send your question, send me a pm and I will delete this topic. OK?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 13:10

Forced poverty?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 13:08

OldZipperhead Today at 14:03

above post from:

Sorry not to savey at this....Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 13:07

That was the argument I made with regards to receiving DVA pension while still serving. SISIP excluded it as income for determining my monthly earnings and then included it as earnings after my release, which reduced what they had to pay me prior to being zero'd out. WTF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 12:54

Above question response from orig. Post

• QUESTIONS FOR PETER FOR NEXT CLASS ACTION SIT REP Icon_post_quote_en

QUESTIONS FOR PETER FOR NEXT CLASS ACTION SIT REP Empty can you follow my thought

QUESTIONS FOR PETER FOR NEXT CLASS ACTION SIT REP Empty by puddleduk2 Today at 00:16

In my delirium I present a twisted thought,

When some of us were released we were already receiving CPP(D), for myself it was just over two years before my release date.

Our LTD SISIP coverage was to restore what we were making as total income the day after our release, minus CPP(D) and our CF Pension (and previously our PA amount).

My thought was my claimed income previous to my release included the CPP(D) amount as taxable income,

Even though SISIP currently deducts CPP(D) from our last income on release, shouldn't those in receipt of CPP(D) before their release be looked at as if it was part of their income on release, already established, not as an afterthought to reduce the liability of the plan.

thoughts anyone?

Back to top Go down

QUESTIONS FOR PETER FOR NEXT CLASS ACTION SIT REP Empty QUESTIONS FOR PETER FOR NEXT CLASS ACTION SIT REP

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 12:51

Is (SISIP) currently topping up to prelease amt, but deducting to current like CPP(D) VAC sources?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down