Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused about "list"

3 posters

Go down

Confused about "list" Empty Re: Confused about "list"

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Oct 2012, 19:02

HARD is what makes us strong and gives us veterans something we injured veterans have been missing in our life...purpose and dignity, something some of us have not had in a while.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:50

It's hard, Teen

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:48

That's right if you are in the "chain" of verifation then SISIP will calculate your retro payments and the final agreement that will come out in December about interest, taxes, national grossup, possible lawyer fees will be enclosed for our viewing in December and finally approved by Justice Barnes in January of 2013.

Like I have stated in other topic threads we have to wait until the final judgement by Justice Barnes is made in Jan. 2013.

Totally sucks but a situation we have to accept and live with. I am going to repeat the same words over and over until the final judgement is made by Justice Barnes...PATIENCE.

I know the saying is PATIENCE is a virtue but GD this is the first time in my life I have had to actually put that statement to the test!!!!!!!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by liverlover Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:16

thankyou very much, and no I don't need to contact anyone SISP, DVA and Peter office has all my details....
thanks again.

liverlover
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 18:03

SO you are not zero sum, do you need to contact anyone, because sisip has all your info

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:59

Yes, if you are currently getting a SISIP cheque, without your VAC money deducted from it, you are with the rest of us who are simply waiting for the retroactive payments to be made.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by liverlover Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:46

yes SISIP has stopped the clawback, so I am guessing that I now just wait till Dec for the letter with the details of the classaction (retro, taxes, fees etc) and that I am not zero summed?

liverlover
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:41

Good Question, Liverlover, should not sisip have already stopped your clawback, this issue opens more doors daily

Back to top Go down

Post by liverlover Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:24

okay now I am confused........ I receive.... pension, DVA, and SISIP monthly. I fill out documents yearly for sisip. I am part of the class action. Now am I correct in saying that my "Letter" is the one that will come in Dec, as I am not considered a ......... zero sum ?????????? just someone that got clawbacked? Do I need to contact anyone?

liverlover
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:15

Glad to help you Classmember that's what Veteran Voice is all about...helping where we can.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 17:11

Thank you very much for your quick reply Teenitian. I understand now that I'm classified as within the "Zeroed out" proxy "list". I'll standfast like the rest of my follow Vets and see what happens down the path.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Oct 2012, 16:56

There is no reading between the lines here.

The term "lists" has been replaced with the legal term "proxies". The proxies are like the following:

a) clients who have passed away
b) 24 month clients
c) clients who knew they were already over the 75% LTD so they did not apply to SISIP.
d) clients who did not finish their applications or stopped doing the SISIP paperwork.

So basically categorizing "lists" is the wrong thing to talk about. The "proxy" you are currently on is the zeroed out proxy 'list'. So don't worry you are an identified client.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Confused about "list" Empty Confused about "list"

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 16:34

scratch Sorry, I know there is a lot of info here on the forum however I'm a little confused on all the talk of "lists". (as in am I on it). I'm was med discharge from the military in 2003 and recieved LTD until 2007 (5 years). I was not a zero sum client, however my SISIP clawback was approx $1000 per month due to VAC benifits up to my 75%. BTW- my VA started the same year I was discharged. My misunderstanding is I'm not sure about all the different "lists". Back in 2007/8 I did file my name etc as required to the Class Action. I thought that put me on the list?, however I did not recieve anything from the Government or SISIP stating as such. I do receive all incoming emails from the Class Action.
I"m I correct to say that the "list" or package everyone is talking about is only to do with only zero sum members? Is there anything on members like myself that just got clawed back monies due to VA. How can I confirm I am on a list and someone will be looking over my file within the SISIP world or government?. Once again, sorry if I can't read between the lines.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down