Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update from McInnes Cooper

+5
meteck
peep
K9
Teentitan
bigrex
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Update from McInnes Cooper - Page 2 Empty waiting impatiently for e-mail...

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 12 Nov 2012, 15:15

Thanks for the post. I was waiting for word of the Oct. 22 meeting via e-mail. I found it here and it sounds encouraging. I have been on Sisip since October 1989. Out.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Update from McInnes Cooper - Page 2 Empty Re: Update from McInnes Cooper

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 19:47

thanks navrat still feel bad about it though.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 19:21

Oldzipperhead, I agree, maybe even an increase in pre-post interest rate would be nice, This is an open forum so that is why i am shooting out suggestions but if there was ever a case that deserved damages its this one. Why , just for the fact that we have to pay income tax and legal fees and together this will take away about 50 percent of my retro, and to me that is alot. Damages would have lessen the blow and acknowldged the GOC f------ up . Time will tell but it is always good to shoot the S---, with fellow veterans , to know their point of view and see how others are feeling on this issue of damages, and Propat who cares if you mis quoted, it doesnt matter, nobody judges anyone on here

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Fri 02 Nov 2012, 18:36

If the GOC wants to save face, instead of awarding damages, they can always award additional non taxable compensation. This way the class recieves extra for the hardship the claw-back caused and the GOC doesn't admitt they screwed up!

Just a thought!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 18:09

my apolagies to for saying the judge can award damages on top of agreement.seen a case in canada where nurses were awarded 2000 each for pain and suffering beside the agreement on top of the 2.3 million already awarded for pain and suffering.however i just looked back at it now and i see it was a different canadian court ,actually tribunal and not a federal court.this is no excuse their is no excuse i should have paid more attention.
once again im sorry
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 17:58

navrat i read them all yes i remember the leagal fees one but i guess i forget the damages one nore can i find it anywhere.i remember the one where he says they are risisting damages but they are still trying to get them.

call of duty

i couldnt agree with you more and just like voting i belive writing these letters to the judge is not only our right but our duty.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 17:35

Call of Duty, that is just my opinion and I believe Peter asked for damages or something similar but the government just rejected it and would not consider it . Do I hope I am wrong, you betcha , but just from Peter memos and knowing the law, I would be very surprised and shocked if any was awarded. In one of Peter first memo or texts to us he explained that damages were not awarded in this cases just like legal fees are not covered

Last edited by navrat on Fri 02 Nov 2012, 17:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added sentence)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 17:28

Well got my package, and check today. TY Mccines cooper. Yes they said that damages can not be awarded after the resolution has been worked out. But the lawyers said damages were not off the table, and all of us strongly agree we need to be awarded damages, as this has been absolutely long overdue, I would expect nothin less, then Damages being applied to this settlement. Unlike you Navrat I will not reserve myself to the fact we will not get damages, and neither should anyone else. Damages is a key point to this law suit, to valdate, to everyone that if you set urself up for a class action lawsuit/ and you fight it unjustly, you will pay dearly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 17:16

Propat, right from they beginning , Peter, has been very honest with us, stating that the GOC took damages off the table and I believe him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 16:59

navrat did peter say we are not getting damages ore something similar sorry i must have missed that my appologies.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 16:57

ya your probably right navrat but im still gona belive we are getting damages ore something similar by a different name.and if it doesnt offend to many peep if i feel like writing a letter to the judge im still going to.whats the worst that can happen?he rejects the deal ore accepts it.sorry to all those who think i shouldnt use my right to express my oppinion of this deal to the judge but if its warented i will do that.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 16:05

Thanks , Peter, I have always said that the lawyers are doing the best they can under the circumstances and against the juggernaut DOJ and Gestapo head Mr Troope, As for damages guys well you got your answer, the court can't add nothing, so why bother writing letter s , it's going to do no good. We are getting no damages , just return of offset plus interest, that's it, and probably we are lucky to receive that. I have heard this rumour for months now so everyone stop worrying and taking years off your life, the government will never admit wrong and if you believe in middle earth , than I guess you will believe you are getting damages

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 14:51

Thanks, Peter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 14:50

Hi Peter,
I know you can't say much about the class action right now, but can you say if it is still going in a positive direction with a sooner than later result. I will understand if you can't answer. I would like to thank you personally for your hard work.

Regards, Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 14:49

Yes, the negotiations include estates. In any class action, getting Notice out is always a challenge. However in this case Manulife has a list, so between direct mail, email, websites, media, etc we are confident that we have tracked down a very high percentage of those who are entitled to notice and a payment. There are also other means, such as skip tracers etc., that can help us find the people who are entitled to monies. Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next