Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back in January-Merry Xmas

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Back in January-Merry Xmas Empty Re: Back in January-Merry Xmas

Post by peep Wed 07 Nov 2012, 15:04

Well my last email from Kristene on 29 Oct indicated that their will be a new email with in the week. And people with my case might be in it. Its past that but I expect it any day now. So we shall see!?

For now, who can join it this unless they are at least started
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 14:49

The clear defenition of a settlement is something nobody really get's what he wants, but everybody can agree on. Neg's inclued giving and taking. Althought I do not beleive the damages some will be big but there will be a little something for all!!! I SAID A LITTLE SOMETHING, do not forget that the possilities here are endless EXEMPLE. Back time could be taxe free!!!! GOV payes for lawer fees or say 50% ect. ect. ect. ect.... I am sure all sugjects possible where on the table. Only one question left!!!! what was the deal ????? I guess another 30 days or so will give us the answer. Do not dispaire I havent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 14:23

Upon reading the responses from the Legal Team, a Judge can not add or subtract awards, negotiate or anything of the sort, his roll in this case is to accept or not accept with the "agreement/settlement". So to all those that are speculating or trying to rationalize (dream) of a solution, It will not happen unless you are clairvoyant. I read something that Peter stated awhile ago and he said, "We have been at this 6 (six) years", and now that statement has sunk in. 6 years troops is along time to let the GOC push and slap you upside the head, I do not think the Team is that incompetent that they allowed the GOC to walk all over them. Like TeenTitan says "Patience", enjoy each day and accept silence as a work in progress. Thanks Peter, guess I just had to read and think, not bad for a Royal eh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 13:27

big rex yes i agree but unfortunatly this is the system in place so all we the class have as a venue for input is to the judge after the deal is agreed upon.it will be his decision to accept it ore not this is why i belive our right to adress the judge was put in place.
just my oppinion
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 12:46

We should be given the proposal now, it's done, no need to change court dates, this would allow us more time to either accept or not accept but I have a feeling we will have not choice. Yes we had updates but nobody even asked what we wanted from this case and aren't we all equal class members and we are all paying our own money for lawyers fees( because if we only get offset back, there is no money extra given , so yes it's are money out of our income replacement ) I just want what the original lawsuit wanted and there was damages included in that so what changed and made the legal team abandon this?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 07 Nov 2012, 12:06

I agree propat, but I guess that I just believe that as the clients, we should be able to see the settlement proposal and tell the lawyer whether we accept it or not before it goes before the judge. I might feel differently if we hadn't been kept in the dark during the whole process, but as it is, we will be finding about what is in the proposal that directly affects us at the same as the Judge, and to me, that is unbelievable.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4063
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 11:49

bigrex we can still ask the judge to accept ore reject this deal.and i belive if an overwelming majority of those that do respond go one way he will listen.i may be one of the few that belive this ore maybe the only one.some might tell you even if we only get one dollar each fore retro and we all respond and ask him to reject it he will still accept it.i am not one of those i think this opertunity to adress the judge was put their for a reason otherwise why have it.however you feel about this agreement when it comes out let him know i belive it will matter.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 07 Nov 2012, 11:31

Rusty, i don't think that you should think that you know what the class, or the judge will do. There are a good number of class members on these forums that will not approve a settlement if it doesn't include money for damages, and we only represent a very small fraction of class members. If there are no damages, it will be the moderate to severely disabled that will get screwed over the most. They're the ones who have trouble finding and holding jobs due to their disabilities, and can have significantly quality of life than mildly disable Veterans, but still not classified as totally disabled, so they will not be entitled to reinstatement, so the most reliant on this settlement to provide some financial aid, to pay off bills, whatever to make daily living easier.

Unfortunately we have no way of instructing the lawyers as to what is acceptable or not, since we apparently have no rights as a client. We are going to be paying the lawyer, so should we not be able to tell the lawyer whether to accept the proposal before it goes before the Judge, because as others have said, at that point it, it could be pretty much over
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 07:52

For The Record!

The proposal is almost done!
Do we know the exact details? ...NO !
Will we know in December? ...YES!
Will the class approve it...YES!
Will the Judge Approve it? ...YES!
Will some be peeved at the deal with just cause?...YES!

Go support a new cause this one is wrapping up! clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 07:50

Sisip has till 30 April to adjudicate the zero,sum clients so it makes sense that will be the deadline or start date for retro payable, plus it's a new fiscal year for the GOC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 07:29

Bigrex- It pleasant to discuss outcomes and what ifs....it reminds me of the joke:

How do you make God laugh?
Tell him what you are doing tomorrow!!

Big Rex settlement: 150 billion dollars + damages
NavRat settlement: 1 zillion dollars
Propat settlement: board walk and park place
RustyRazor settlement: an orange and a hanky

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 06 Nov 2012, 23:43

What I would like to know is, what happens if the Judge denies the settlement agreement because there are no damages or other content that he objects to? Does he simply tell the lawyers to go back to the bargaining table to suss out damages before coming before him again, or does his refusal automatically mean that we will be forced back into court? If they do simply have to rework the proposal, how much time will they have? I know the lawyers have already told me that there is no set timeline for actually paying the settlement, even if finalized in January, but these other questions need to be answered as well. Surely the gag order doesn't keep the lawyers from discussing the possible outcomes with the class, so that we can be prepared whatever the Judge decides.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 20:00

Navrat-I am hoping for all the Class to be generally Happy with whatever they receive...I have heard from Several not Zero summed Class members...they are feeling better just not being clawed back...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 19:58

Only positive for GOC, this is one of your standard, out of a binder, media releases. The GOC has a news release, speech for every issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Nov 2012, 19:31

This is why Professor Toope was hired!

The Government of Canada appointed of Professor Stephen J. Toope, President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of British Columbia (UBC), as federal representative in negotiations to resolve the Manuge class action, regarding the long term disability benefits to former members of the Canadian Forces (CF).“The well-being of both our serving and retired members is important for our government,” said the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence. “This appointment further underlines our intent to work towards a positive resolution in this matter.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next