Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horse Manure

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Horse Manure Empty Re: Horse Manure

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 22:00

Rusty that play by play gave me a damn good chuckle!! That's basically what I meant Robbie, he is not going to babysit them along the way but he has ensured that it is staying within the guidelines of equality/law!!

Now here's something to ponder, when it comes to the GOC there is one thing and one thing only that makes or breaks the leadership of GOC and that is public opinion/support. Now with the bad PR from the lawsuit in general plus the multitude of articles, TV News and so on that have surfaced recently with regards to the mistreatment of military veterans, do you think they will want more BAD PR if this did not come out positive?

In my opinion for that reason alone there is enough motivation on the governments part to ensure there is a proper and fair settlement. If so they ride the coat tails to another positive election due to positive public support, If not then they have a manure storm to deal with prior to another election, which yes may be in three years but as humans we always remember the not so good moments easiest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:13

Do not believe there will be delay's do not forget the extra dates are in case of, the jugde give all partys jurit's prudens and suggest's parameters. Some parameters can be surcumvented whit other suggestion if in favour of the client(s). These situations are proposed ton the judge before undertaking the neg's on the mater them presented to the jugde for approuval. Do not forget there are a lot of people and that there is a shit loud of ideels out there. Every new one has to be studdied, chequed and re-chequed then they have to work out the legal possobilities implicated (or admin) permitting to do it withing the Canadien legal system. The GOC is a big machine and sometimes putting a procedure thou it, presents hurdles and some time new procedures have to be made to prevent problems to the clients in the future. We are very lucky in this mater, the minister had put a team in place to mget these bugs settled rapidly or we would never be as far ahead as we are now. Authorisation on neg maters in my case could take months and then more delays because of availability of lawers in all parties. This case is moving at the speed of light compared to many others. Hope no more delais will happen but if they do, understand that it's in our best interrest.

Back to top Go down

Horse Manure Empty Embrace Delays as much as it sucks it a REALLY good Thing!

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 09:04

You know something else .....if there is Delays be Delighted too... Because something isn't fair and needs to be corrected.....I worried that if it was settled without Delays someone was giving in! Its like going to buy a used car and the salesman accepts your first counter offer ....You have been Screwed.....if he, the salesman, has to contact the owner of the garage and it takes more Delays, nurerous counteroffers, you know you got a better deal!

Embrace Delays as much as it sucks it a REALLY good Thing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 08:54

Exactly what i have been saying and I finally agree with more than two people thanks, bigrex and rustyrazor guess that double double put some sweetness into my day and that crap about throwing money away to specific ridings is just horrible. Almost as ludicrous as tossing 23 million bucks down the stinker for a War Of 1812 history lesson. Damn he tosses away 23 million bucks and the war itself probably cost 2 bucks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 08:50

Simple guys ...your a parent ..two kids fighting you sit them down and let them discuss the issue ....and they resolve it and as a parent you decide if that is acceptable if not you over rule ...simple ....judge Barnes can decide that ...

dont make it difficult ...and beside your going to be pleased all class members will be pleased!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 08:43

i bet he will .....it is his signature on the settlement and he is the judge ..i have no doubt the final ruling will be a good one and he will be delighted with the settlement ....otherwise he will find a reason not to accept it ... after all he is human like us all and this isnt a criminal case.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 15 Nov 2012, 08:42

The judge may not directly influence the negotiations, but he could have said what types of conditions would lead him to deny the proposal, based on legal presidence and that their absence could be a deal breaker.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 08:18

That is definitely crap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 08:15

Hey Rusty I do not believe I used the term no influence as it was Justice Barnes that reinstated the class in the first place, (talk about influence). Like I said he has set what will and will not be allowed within the law in regards to a potential agreement. Justice Barnes is only making sure that the parties stay within the legal limitations imposed on them by the laws that govern this country and in particular this Class Action. If he in fact sees any deviation then obviously he would intervene, but he is not going to tell anyone what he wants, he is going to ensure that what is proposed is in accordance with the law.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 15 Nov 2012, 08:12

Well I just figured out why the delays. The Tories are trying to determine which Veterans live in Torie held ridings, or identify as Torie supporters, so that they can get their money sooner. After all, they delayed four measures that would benefit all Canadians, in the name of deficit reduction, at the same time they announce over 47 million of pork- barreling in two days, in ridings mostly held by Conservatives. Apparently they gave a bakery in Alberta 1 million dollars of our money, $90000 so some Quebecker's can go snowmobiling on well groomed snow, and another $22000 so fix up some tennis courts in Sask. I guess they had to spread OUR wealth around after the whole G8 gazebo fiasco. After all, they don't want any of their supporters to get jealous and vote differently in the next election. Now that is real horse manure.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 07:43

I can work with that lol

Back to top Go down

Horse Manure Empty Whistling loudly

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 07:33

, bounce

Last edited by rustyrazor on Fri 16 Nov 2012, 17:38; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 06:15

backsilver, I have been told that the Judge does not and will not advise nor will he assist any of the parties involved, in fact what he has done is set out lawful guidelines and parameters that must be used as a lawful means in which to establish an agreement which will be then put into action upon a final court hearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 21:01

Backsilver .....your on to something ... i see law studies in your future!

Judge B Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 19:59

So with the Judge being updated regularely, would he not be assisting in the negotiations?

As in if he sees a problem with what has been discussed would he not speak up then to protect both parties during the negotiations?

He is impartial and therefore would offer an impartial voice to the arbitration, which I would think would not give the GOC giant the bully option. Almost like a good ole David and Goliath scenario!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum