Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horse Manure

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Horse Manure - Page 2 Empty Re: Horse Manure

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 13:03

robbie i agree i think this will be a good deal. not sure why i just do.i think the bulk of the class will think so as well as the judge.maybe im being to positive but that is what i belive.i think the deal will be accepted and then we can move on.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:43

I do not foresee this being shotdown but rather I see the Justice System through many court conferences and updates from the parties involved going forward to resolve the actual reason why the suit became a class action in the first place. Anything else (proxies) that are resolved are a bonus that each and everyone of us never had in the first place, this is not selling out or bending over and taking one for the GOC, this is one man's battle that has become a part of our lineage as soldiers past present and future, we all jumped on the band wagon and it has been a hellava ride, mind you since the summer I had no idea if the case was still going on. I am not selling out anyone if anything I sold out my family by not doing something myself and bending over for those that told me to go blow pole. Now I have something to show my kids and can proudly say WE BEAT THEM, thanks Dennis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:22

of corse i imagien more negotiation would only be ordered if it was possible for them to bear fruit.if not they would probobly go to the next step.i have know idea what that would be.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:18

bigrex im not sure i know the oppertunity to appeal the decission has come and gone.it has been my understanding (not positive)that the parties will be sent back to negotiation.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:11

i hope everyone understands that as well robbie.i belive it will be a good deal but my concern is my observetion of human nature and i hope im wrong on this.but i belive that in moast cases if 6000 agree with this settlement they may think wow thats a good deal and not wright ore maybe only 5 people will wright to the judge and if 1500 people disagree 1250 of those may wright to the judge becouse they are angry.this is why i think we should all,ore those that can,take the 5 minuets it takes and wright this letter.you just have to say pleas sir accept this deal ore pleas sir dont accept this deal.you should probably put more like reasons but at least do that.PLEAS EVERYONE give the judge a loud clear message from the ENTIRE class about how we the class feel about this deal.YES IT WILL HELP.and i bet if you could ask this judge he would tell you YES YOU THE CLASS DO MATTER!
just my opinnion
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 14 Nov 2012, 09:57

I just wish the lawyers would let us know exactly what happens if the Judge declines this proposal. Do we go back to court and just carry on with the lawsuit, or does he simply send the lawyers away with orders to adjust the deal to a point that he feels is fair (ie: damages). If it does go back to court, the government cannot change the laws just to avoid accountability, halfway or farther during a court battle. If they tried, it would reflect very poorly on them in the eyes of the Judge and the Canadian people. Harper's right wing support base would linch him if he ever tried to use his power as the PM with a majority government to intentionally screw over disabled Veterans. He can mess with the unemployed, welfare recipients and seniors, but Veterans, especially those injured in the line of duty, should be off limits for his rob the poor to give to the rich mentality.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 09:45

Agreed propat but, having said that I hope everyone understands that grasping at straws, or just plain ole stomping your (everyone's) feet and demanding something, anything that none of us knows about is well kind of like asking for prescription eye glasses because you may need them 20 years down the road. STAND TALL when you get the CALL agree to disagree and no one sleeps. This way you know whats on the table and hopefully as a class we all get something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 07:34

yes robbie exactly that is the decission he will make thank you.he and only he will make it.he will only make this dicission after he gets the entire deal on paper in front of him and has hered from the class.i also belive he will make his dissision baced on a number of criteria not the least of witch will be the oppinions of the class.i dont belive the dissision has already been made by any higher ups in the goc,sisip,leigion,va ore anywhere elce.i belive the judge will decide and since this class action was between us and the goc its our oppinion and our oppinion only that he will consider not the gocs not the lawerys representing either side.i belive it is verry important that as many as possible wright to the judge.moast of us have done nothing so far including me while verry few have worked long and hard.we now will have the oppertunity to do something not much but somthing.i for one will wright i dont care who says its useless.i dont care if people say we the class dont matter in this case.I SAY WE DO!i have the right to adress the judge as we all do and no matter how many people tell you that you dont matter ore keep you oppinion to yourself you should make your voice hered loud and clear.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 06:20

ONCE AGAIN, Justice Barnes will only ACCEPT or DECLINE the agreement, he WILL NOT make recommendations or increase, decrease, axe or slash, inflate, deflate, rotate or even masturbate, simply put yeah or ney. I will tell you that while these proceedings continue he IS NOT SITTING IN A CHAIR with a crystal ball wondering where both parties are. In fact he is updated regularly and from what I perceive since it was his decision to allow this case to move forward as a CLASS ACTION he pretty much has tabled what is or will be be acceptable. Do you think that for one minute that a man of his stature and position within the Highest Court System in this nation would just shut his eyes and say "Hey Bitches wake when it's over".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 20:05

well i guess if one of them was the judge id definately take heed to that as he and only him will make the decission.ore one of them was a mind reader and could read the judges mind.bet me im gonna make my feelings known to the judge and listen to his disision and not those that presume to be making the disission for him.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 19:54

Believe me I have already wrote the judge and asked him if it was fair or not for the government to not offer to pay the legal fees even thou many other class actions have included it, also is it fair to not give damages. As I see a lot of veterans at the Hamilton legion, I hear a lot of information, some true , some rumour, but thru out this the information I have received is as close to 95 percent as one can get without telling who said what. Over Remembrnce day I had a chance to talk to a lot of I would sy higher ups, and when I started talking about the sisip case , they old me , nothing you can do about that now, it's sign sealed and awaiting delivery. So we shall see

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 19:48

saberlove yes you read that correctly thanks for that in hopes all members of the class whether they like the deal ore not make their oppinions known to the judge.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 19:45

Sabre love,what I think is the judge will weigh all factors , fully knowing what our own law firm has told us that if the GOC doesn't agree with our proposal they can enforce and legistraite a settlement for us, so with this hanging over the judges head , the only recourse for him is to approve the settlement because it would be better than anything that the GOC would propose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 19:43

i didnt say you said that navrat.i stated he hasnt read the deal yet.my issue is when you keep saying we the class dont really matter.WE DO!where the heck do you get off telling the class we dont matter?if you were the judge i would belive you but since you are not im gonna think the judge is a good man and take into great concideration the opoinions of the class.
let him know how you feel
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 19:41

So am I, propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next