Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you Navrat ...You are bang on I was told! Were you just guessing?- Legion in Hamilton is full of wise men!

Go down

Thank you Navrat ...You are bang on I was told! Were you just guessing?- Legion in Hamilton is full of wise men!  Empty Re: Thank you Navrat ...You are bang on I was told! Were you just guessing?- Legion in Hamilton is full of wise men!

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:56

narat i her ya and i aint gona say what it is and why but i think you know by now what i expect and that aint it.i will not get use to that nor will i accept that in no way shape ore form.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Thank you Navrat ...You are bang on I was told! Were you just guessing?- Legion in Hamilton is full of wise men!  Empty Re: Thank you Navrat ...You are bang on I was told! Were you just guessing?- Legion in Hamilton is full of wise men!

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:53

Lawyers fees tax deductible , this is are big gift because they had to get special permission from CRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:51

cost of paying and then recovering tax penelties -1 million.

value in political spin - priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:50

Hey, I am wondering now, since its Friday , if the official line is still "both parties are still negioating" I for one believe the agreement is signed sealed and delivered and why can not the settlement be released on Monday after court, this would show good faith by both the GOC and lawyers. As fr what we are getting after taxes and lawyers fees I was assured 60 percent of my retro in my pocket, so everyone better get used to it and if this deal does get rejected the GOC will leave the negioations

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:45

agreed bigrex but the bigger payout they give us looks better on them even though they will take moast of it back.they can olso spin this against the deficite as they already have set that up as an excuse without saying anything about howe much of this will be automaticly be turned into new revenues.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:20

I agree Propat. The top up for taxes is going to be have to be set aside to pay Revenue Canada back taxes and penalties caused by the clawback. This is just another example of the government stuffing our pockets with one hand and picking them with the other. I think it would look better on the Government if they just came out and said that all back taxes and penalties are waived, or paid directly by them, instead of giving us the money, only for it to be taken away a few months later.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:51

wtf noooo way navrat.no one will buy that.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:35

They are going to call the notional top up of interest for taxes, our damages

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:17

bigrex that is prety much what i can figure if you change the set ammount of the (damages by another name to 5%-10%)not enough in my oppinion it needs to be at least 25% but that is what i see comming.i hope i get pleasantly supprised.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:05

That's why they call us the HAMMER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:04

Thanks ColZula, I only ever state what I hear, sometimes right , sometimes wrong, but I have another little bit of info, Peter Stoffer just called me and told me that he just talked to Eva Adams Parlimentary security for veteran affairs, She told him if any veterans are having trouble with Vac to personally call her and she will get to the bottom of it, Peter gave me her personally number which is 613-995-7784, so if you have a problem call, I did and mine is being looked into as we speak, oh ya , I can not wait until Monday , after court , I heard there might be a leak

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 30 Nov 2012, 13:22

Anything I would say would just be a guess, but I think that we will see 100% of retro plus a slightly better than average interest. We will also see a notional top up to cover back taxes, which hopefully be tax free, since this will be going back to the government in its entirety anyways, but unless made exempt, it will only drive up the taxes owed on the rest of the settlement. We may also see some sort of damages, but not called damages, I'd say in the range of $5000 - $20000 per class member, with the average being around $10000. All of this is minus legal fees and taxes, of course.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Thank you Navrat ...You are bang on I was told! Were you just guessing?- Legion in Hamilton is full of wise men!  Empty Thank you Navrat ...You are bang on I was told! Were you just guessing?- Legion in Hamilton is full of wise men!

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 09:52

I believe your on to something!

Bigrex- I would love to know what you think the settlement will be. Of all people here you surely do great research for all of us. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum