Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are we putting 10 million dollars into a Charity fund and Not VETS pockets??????????????

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why are we putting 10 million dollars into a Charity fund and Not VETS pockets?????????????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are we putting 10 million dollars into a Charity fund and Not VETS pockets??????????????

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 23:05

$1300 is going into my kid's pocket for college. So I am sort of happy with that addition although rather weak. I have two college kids, so maybe the lawyers/judge can change the details to include more than one dependent.
90% will not benefit? I do not believe

Back to top Go down

Why are we putting 10 million dollars into a Charity fund and Not VETS pockets?????????????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are we putting 10 million dollars into a Charity fund and Not VETS pockets??????????????

Post by peep Wed 09 Jan 2013, 16:07

I'd say almost 90% of us have kids that are now to old or married.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 15:57

The Scholarship is one of those gimmes to sweeten the deal. On paper it looks good to Joe Public and the GOC but in reality it is just a wee amount for each of us, if we use it.
This is a non-issue and really has nothing to do with our individual settlements.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 09 Jan 2013, 15:24

Re-read it DCHD. The money can go to niece's, nephews not just kids. That said I don't see the problem with giving it to grand kids, great nieces/nephews.

Does it suck that damages is education and not cash? Yes! But it's better then nothing. From what I have read and heard cash damages are very rare in a class action.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Wed 09 Jan 2013, 15:23

10 million to a Scholarship fund.... 1 million (out of the fees) to a Charitiable foundation benefiting vets

I think the Scholarship fund in lieu of damages is almost silly... seriously 1300 once and only for those with kids young enough or a spouse interested in going back to school.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Why are we putting 10 million dollars into a Charity fund and Not VETS pockets?????????????? - Page 2 Empty Why are we putting 10 million dollars into a Charity fund and Not VETS pockets??????????????

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 15:14

Most of us VETs can't even use this benefit many have children out of school and lots don't even have kids.

Why was this done well because it looks good that's all.

Put the money where it belong in VETS pockets not just some but all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2