Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Week until D-Day

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

One Week until D-Day - Page 3 Empty Re: One Week until D-Day

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 08:38

SGR (Robbie Royal), Big Rex, Rags and anyone else who feels inclined:
I hope will consider calling into the Martime radio talk show today. I have posted all the details if you decide too.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 08 Feb 2013, 08:02

Im sure the frozen horse shit comment was for me cause im horse artillery.....oh the guns thank god the guns.....but those horses they are stinky. Very Happy

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 07:30

Ok Rags agreed but i have asked questions no answers, I have ranted and still no answers, I have written and still no answers, I have begged still I get no can do. Law is one thing, representation is another where is the fine line you have given, do I flip flop from side to side, seems I am good at that, or do I stir the pot until this caldron of steaming festered crap becomes mundane and everyone goes back to sleep until the next volley of frozen horse manure takes out the point, guess that means we are all back where we started from. Think I'll write a book, "Clueless in Advance".
Your a stoke of greatness my boy, I take your wisdom seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 08 Feb 2013, 07:16

For those of us who have done allot....oh crap allot of legal stuff as the client we all know one thing. We are the client, the judge and the law see us as the director of the legal aspects of our case. The lawyers are only and I repeat only instruments of our hands. They have no final say in anything in the eyes of the law they represent us how we tell them to. If they dont like what we tell them to do they ask us to seek new representation or we ask them to leave.
So cut the thought that MC is dong this we are through Dennis. The lawyers will do exactly what Dennis asks them to do. They may give advise but in the end they act for us as we direct. Dont believe it, then do some reading on the legal relationship between client and lawyer. Ask the judge on the 14th.
With that said lets start directing the result of our case. They have done a good job thus far but it is not over and this is the point we start to direct the fine tuning of the deal.
Take responsibility for yourselves and start to get involved.
Got a question ask.
Got an answer give.
See a problem identify it. And Provide a solution
Got a rant...got to therapy page.
Ensure what you ask for can be changed by who you want to change it ie judge and taxs cant. Minister of RC can
LAST with all everyone does on here always answer your question or answer with....WILL THIS LEAVE NO VET BEHIND?

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 06:18

Come on guys McInnes Cooper could care less what a few members (12 I believe he said) of CSAT think, they think outside of the CSAT box, after all they have helped thousands of vets and received emails and phone calls expressing great gratitude for the hard work they have done. I was told if you do not like what has happened then go get legal representation at 300 to 600 an hour. Pretty straight up I see it, wonder how of my 40,000 was put onto their timecards. According to McInnes Cooper we represent a few and in no way does 12 regulars from CSAT effect the outcome of the other 7488 class action members. Oscar Myers said it different McInnes Cooper and as far as i am concerned one voice of difference is one voice you do not want to hear or let alone allow anyone to hear. I believe CSAT has helped our cause greatly and if we all continue to VOICE our OPINIONS then maybe those that visit CSAT will hear those 12 voices and slap you up side your wallets McInnes Cooper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Feb 2013, 05:50

Thanks K9

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 21:19

The GOC asked a inquiry to know what was all this about in a $ amount and the result of it is the numbers we get!

"During the September 18 meeting, we were advised by the Government that an audit of Manulife Financial’s work by the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) will be complete and available for our review in the coming weeks". From Mr. Driscoll.

So all the numbers came from there, I tried to access this info but they are not available.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 20:24

Personally, I could envision the judge capping legal fees at 25 million.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 19:57

Hey, what do you think the judge is going to say? Or agree too? Surely not 17.8%

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 19:40

They are probably 'unofficially' talking to each other. Lawyers do this as we did in the military before deciding on what to do. I have a good feeling that they actually know and that are prepared for Feb 14th, they just won't tell us 'officially'. If they are not in cahoots together I would be very very surprised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 19:31

Agree. This raises another question though. Where did MC get their numbers such as 888 million etc? They had to have been given the raw numbers by SISIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 18:44

Yah, I thought so. This is a really good lesson on how the business world really works. My kids are definately seeing the difference between what the world should be like and what it is really like. It is good to prepare them for situations like this so they don't get burned like us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 18:04

Redfisher, the office of MC called me today in response to a question I had. While on the phone I asked if MC had our individual data sheets on file. The aswer was NO, SISIP has not sent them over yet and won't until deal signed and delivered, so, I think your question of hoping MC and SISIP have got everytrhing in place is a negative.

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 14:50

What a Joke, my case manager changed jobs 3 weeks ago just to work on this. It is all in the system and it takes a computer to pull the numbers, not an army of Engineers!
Lol.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 14:35

Hey, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but SISIP nor McInnes Cooper have any idea as too what they owe us. The process may take some time. I called SISIP they said they knew nothing and ghave done nothing until the courts instruct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next