Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

+11
1993firebird
pteadams2002
meathead
Newfie
Wife of a Veteran
RCN-Retired
Nemo
sabrelove
321HTRCN
peep
K9
15 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center Empty Re: Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Feb 2013, 18:31

Unfortunately, the fees cannot be ordered to be paid by the GoC, so by getting indignant now about the fees is just a game for them. They get to cry foul without ever having to do anything about it. If they do plan on paying our fees, they probably think that if they make that offer before the judge sets the rates, they might not be set as low as they would be if the judge thought the class was paying. So this might be their plan after all. They get to save some money by paying a lower rate, but still make it look like they are the heroes of the hour, swooping in at the last minute to pay our fees.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center Empty Re: Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 18:16

Well, guys its over really, the court dates have come and gone, whether we like it or not it's done. I hope everyone who has a claim gets something and that those proxies help out. My only hope is the legal fees are reduced and this is based solely on the fact that are legal team did not have to go to trial, it's a negioated settlement, So I hope it gets lowered below 10 percent which will still result in millions of dollars for the law firm. Best now to relax, hit the legion,spend some time thinking of other issues. It's been a rough ride!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 Feb 2013, 18:13

Exactly. They fear that this deal will get refused and back to negotiations and they will have to pony up at least 50%.. If it goes to trial they know they will get hit with all of it.

Smart on their part.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Fri 15 Feb 2013, 18:08

OK after reading all the posts today I would like to comment on GOC's position with regard to the lawyer fees being to high. Not for one minute is GOC debating the fees on our behalf, just remember GOC wants to convince Judge Barnes to lower the fees just incase the fees are put on the shoulders of GOC

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 17:52

I am an 8 year retro. I really did not anticipate the judge having a final ruling on this settlement today. By doing so he would in a way be dismissing all the info and statements he has heard in the past 48 hours. He has to at least make it look like the past 2 days meant something. He will retire to his office and digest, analyze, regurgetate any new info and then bring the case to fruition. I believe he has already made his final decision but will wait 10 to 14 days to release it. I have just seen too many times in both civil and criminal cases where everybody expected the judge to make a final ruling only to be told to wait. Unfortunately its part of the process. Thanks again sparrow, bigrex and the others that attended and briefed us. Its great to get insight from our own on the judge's comments, mannerisms etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 17:05

All this pent up anger and frustration over all the fn delays has caused me to furiously clean the kitchen, floors, dishes and now I am waiting for the oven cleaner to do its thing. And I never ever clean an oven!

The funny thing is that I am still freaking angry and want to put my fist through the computer and strangle somebody that needs it! Thanks PTSD for rearing your ugly head again and showing me that some people can not be trusted!!!! Gotta go clean some more, still mad...

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:29

Thanks for your perspective, it's nice to hear from family members!! It really does make one stop and think about the impact on them!! Thanks again, I appreciate u taking the time to do this for us!!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:26

To weigh in on this topic, I have to say, this is not good for the many vets here and elsewhere who suffer from extreme anxiety disorders and the likes thereof.
As some of you know, I'm following this on behalf of my wife's case as she's part of this class action. I fall under a different category.

At any rate, when I read her the notes of yesterday and today, I could see the happiness drain from her when I told her that it would be at least another 2 weeks before knowing anything.

What really sucks here are those who aren't in a financial position to wait to hear the news and to get their cheques. Fortunately we're OK in that respect but I know how tough it is for many others, so this wait must really must be discouraging.

The only people to blame here is the GOC in my opinion. I'm sure MC et al wanted this done and over with today as much as we did because after all, they don't get paid until they get the money either. The GOC dragged this for so long and this was another big F U to all veterans!

It sucks to wait, but there's really nothing more we can do at this juncture but to wait and hear what happens next.

Thanks to all for reporting and for adding their input.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:14

ya belea for sure and i hope we all find a way to make the best of this.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 13:51

Hey Propat, that sums it all up! To each his own I guess!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 13:39

Well done by all, thanks once again. one step closer to a better life! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 13:14

My opinions are based on facts presented at the proceedings. Not my speculations just truth and facts. The facts are referenced by both Councils and concurred by the Justice. It is what it is and I am in agreement that it is the best that our legal team could accomplish within the parametres of the existing legal precedances and law.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 13:10

My post was an attempt at summarizing and submitting a rational and respectful opinion of where we stand as of this afternoon! I made no attempts at accusing any fellow Vets of consorting with the legal team or disrespecting my fellow Vets, byalledging that they were friends or were hugging the legal team! I will not denigrate anyone on our team or offer unfounded allegations or opinions regarding this issue! My submission dealt with the facts and the knowledge we all have of the tactics used by the defendent over the years and up to the present moment! I insulted nobody connected to our team and I offer no apologies in attempting to offer insight and hope to those who have little! My response to your initial post remains the same, and that was to calm down with the accusations and inflamatory allegations! I wish the best to all and truly pray and hope that everybody is happy in the end! My follow up post was a simple opinion, based on the info offered at the hearing over the last two days, with the intended purpose of painting a clear picture of where we were headed in the next 4-6 weeks! It insulted nobody, except perhaps for a shot at the Feds, but they deserve it and it's the truth! Again, let's support our fellow Vets who have made the effort to be here in Halifax, not throw any silly allegations of them teaming up with the legal team for a love fest! It's with great expense and effort that some have made in the effort to be here!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:58

back at ya pro patria

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:57

hey im a 5 year guy this aint horrable for me ore great.we are all in different situation so if ya want to jump for joy giver kid.if ya want to vent vent.if ya want to say this is great ore bad for someone elce might not be a good idea unless you are standing in their shoes.i feel horible for the long term guys and that may be the next fight.good luck to all.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next