Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

+11
1993firebird
pteadams2002
meathead
Newfie
Wife of a Veteran
RCN-Retired
Nemo
sabrelove
321HTRCN
peep
K9
15 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:51

This Play was written months ago they had time to let us know it would have taken more time before today. Just rude

Back to top Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center - Page 2 Empty crap

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:43

crap

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Sun 07 Apr 2013, 09:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:19

State your retro years Mines 10 what yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:15

Well said beleaf67

Back to top Go down

Here we are, Halifax, Feb 14th, Convention Center - Page 2 Empty Anybody?

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:10

Ron Cleroux wrote:I can't make todays hearing if everyone is heading out for a pint today/tonight leave a note on here if there will be a gathering somewhere! Yesterday was an emotional rollercoaster that's for sure. Hopefully the judge will accept this deal asap!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:08

pteadams2002 wrote:Ron; thats the first post I've read with that info.

PS one thing to note and not sure if it was said in the 24 pages but the lawyers agreed as well not to take a huge one time payment and that they will only receive money as each individual receives theirs! .

Glad to be of service then lol

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:06

Let's get realistic just for a minute or two and abandon all emotion, I know it's very difficult to do, but let's try! Everyone should be aware of the fact that it's incumbent upon Justice Barnes to now take all of this info, opinion, insight, law and even emotion, into his learned consideration! He will formulate a detailed response that will address every aspect and angle in what will be, hopefully, his final address of any significance in relation to this Class Action! We can't expect this man to make an extemporaneous decision after two days of hearings! My personal opinion is that he already knows exactly what he's going to say and order, if needed. That being said, he will take some time, let's say a couple of weeks to separate the wheat from the chaff and we can then add 2-4 weeks before anybody sees any monies! That in my humble opinion is where it stands!
I would like to add that I truly and implicitly trust this man. He is very experienced, sympathetic to our situation and wise to the workings of any and all ulterior selfish motives! He knows that the latest stunt by Mr. Mckay's office by issuing the Fed's opposition is one of political theatrics! If the Feds had any sympathy at all, their statement should have dealt with their regrets in putting us through this circus in the first place! But no, Mr. Mckay and his buddies decided to attack an issue that they should have been responsible for in the first place, and that being, the fees for MC! Justice Barnes is neither naive nor gullible and won't fall for this pathetic attempt at gaining the trust and respect of us, the cheated Vet and their dependents!
Again, I know it's frustrating, it's agonizingly slow and for those who are waiting and depending on these monies, it's almost unbearable! Conversely, let's take the positive view and keep in mind that the Feds could have appealed this and our wait would be years down the road, instead, its weeks! Keep that in mind and hopefully it will give us all some global perspective on were we stand! One for all, all for one brothers and sisters!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:55

Guys the deal is done now don't start attacking others saying you have more rights then others... This is not the place for this this is for helping people not bringing them down... Cool down

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:52

A number of people have been, Pro deal, Pro MC, I ask you, how many are Zero Sums with long retros, state your position, and years retro you will get. A non Zero Sum was lead plantiff, Not 1 Zero Sum with long Retro was incuded in any proposal discussians. Zero Sums with long retros will pay the majority of the classes legal fees, and will take an enormous hit on taxation after the deal.
The structure of the deal as proposed, now puts the Heavy burden of legal fees on the Vets that lost the most, so many Long retro Vets may be Not happy with this deal, and will view this deal, as just another kick in the Nuts, by anyone that sees fit to use and abuse us.
Some of us may point fingers, we have that right, we have been left out of the process. The Judge may well be very concerned for us Vets,the amount of people that showed up, and wrote letters, is a very small percentage of the class. Why is that! How many have been Scared that we could lose everything?

Last edited by Call of Duty on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 12:00; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added a word)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:46

Thank you to all ....

Chimo

Derek

Last edited by oiler on Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:38

Don't forget these People/Actors had months to prepare the parts in this 2 day play.

These people are pros and can influence a tick off a dog back

Don't be fooled that anyone will be acting in our best interest. An other two weeks or so what the hell was happening in the last month still being left in the dark.

Or am i wrong here

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:30

Ron; thats the first post I've read with that info.

PS one thing to note and not sure if it was said in the 24 pages but the lawyers agreed as well not to take a huge one time payment and that they will only receive money as each individual receives theirs! .
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:30

Well a bit disappointing that our 65 million dollar law firm did not inform us on the process of after the hearing that it would take a few weeks for the judge to make his decision! A simple post on their web site that is there to keep us informed would have been nice as well as expected. We have waited for this for several years, a few more weeks will hopefully be see the end. I want to thank all for the regular updates and being there to represent us, you have done well.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:23

To all i bid you good night and farewell, I will resist no more good deal and phone me when the cheque is in the mail.
Peace my fellow CSAT Knuckleheads lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 11:20

Well people, you have to admit one of the things we are superstars in is the hurry up and wait scenario. I want to thank the vets that were there the days and reporting to us it is very much appreciated. To all the vets that are out there and are suffering know that I am thinking about you and there are people who care even though we have never met.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next